2nd half Velious revamp expansion due this winter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I know you have to bill and ship before the end of the year. But it's cool with me if you stagger the release into 2021. In fact, I'm fine with none of the raids becoming available until January.
    WeezFv likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Popcorn, where did I put it. Costco... I can order a BIG thing of popcorn from Costco!
  3. svann Augur

I have it on rumor that you cant start ToV2 progression until you finish overseer anyway.
  4. Nniki Augur

I think in another month, even people that haven't spent any money on Overseer should have max quest xp and all their agents collected if they've focused on those and been doing it daily.

(of course, there's some luck involved with getting your last few agents)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Also some "luck" involved in not losing all progress due to a merger . . .
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Also some "luck" in quests not vanishing after you started them. :rolleyes:
    Koryu, Jhenna_BB and Andarriel like this.
  7. Pawtato Augur

I wish, but they need those Q4 sales numbers. It’s safe to assume that they have a significant amount debt that they need to service, based off the sale to CN and subsequent decline of other games.

Plus, COVID-19 is likely still going to be a concern, which makes Q4 2020 prime for increased sales numbers. ToV was easy and positions the casual base at a point, where they’re going to excited and confident to tackle new content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  8. p2aa Augur

Why do you want to delay the new expansion ?
    You don't have enough of 1 year of overflowing gear that is going to the 10th alt of every raider ? :)
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

While the original post may be on the facetious/tongue-in-cheek side, I think many of us are just glad EQ's lights are still on.

$35 for basic expac is nothing these days. That's like 2 movie tickets and popcorn? Less than dinner for 2 at a mid-end steakhouse?

I can see phased release due to Covid. I am slightly sick of the snow in Velious so hopefully we can see some bonus zone (water djinn zone) later in the year if the expansion is on the smaller side?
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I will just be happy getting an expansion in any form. I know they say they will be churning them out for a while but I take it year by year :)

And I agree about the snow something other then more snow would be welcome :). Whatever it is something with a varied colour pallete.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I still need 3 uncommon overseers >.<

Luckily, they have enough "back up options" for most quests if you have the majority. I don't collect stuff, like at all in real life despite being a huge sports fan and being into lots of nerdy things with cute collectibles. Virtual stuff in EQ though is a whole other story. It takes up no real life space! Gotta catch it all like Pokemon! ;)
  12. Nadisia Augur

Haha, good one Svann ;) ... wait, you were kidding right? cuz :confused:o_O :eek:

As you said ...«if they've focused on those and been doing it daily»

With hubby, we do play almost every day, but our overseer XP is still around ... hmmm. ZERO.
    We're here to play Everquest and not this ... thing :p
    svann and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

1 zillion percent agreement. I haven't been playing Everquest for 21 years to now spend time on some silly overseer thing.

Daybreak knows most of their player increases are from returning players. Most of those folks are probably returning to play... .duhn duhn duhn...... Everquest. Not Overseer.

Personally I would have rather seen dev time spend on overseer put towards the next expansion.

The ONLY reason Overseer makes any sense at all to me is if Daybreak thinks they can make money off it via marketplace transactions.

I certainly hope any all all future design work and exp rewards in the real Everquest game have zero dependence on them expecting people to make up the difference in Overseer.
    Endorek and Nadisia like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea think im missing a few of those even some common ones some are just hard to get or just bad rng.

Andarriel
  15. Nniki Augur

Not that anyone really cares lol, but I figured I'd let you know that you are the overseer in the game and those are your agents. :p
    svann and Tatanka like this.
  16. Zamiam Augur

I'm good for anything as long as it's not a repeat of TBL trials of smoke progression .. please NO !!!