Please help stop movement hacking on Rizlona.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rizlona Detective, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Rizlona Detective New Member

I would like to start by saying this is not a flame thread.
    This is not an anti boxer thread.
    This is not someone crying about RMT.

That being said, if you choose to post on this thread please keep your posts like minded and on topic to avoid derailing the serious concerns I am about to make public to the player base and devs. I fully feel what I am about to say is important to the overall health of the game, and any true dedicated player that loves EQ should use this thread only to address the following concerns.

It has been brought to my attention that game altering hacking has been introduced into our community once again. Something I thought to be policed in this game. Something much more cancerous than the ever growing population of box crews, automation, or RMT. I'm fully aware that subscriptions are necessary for this game to survive and that the server I play on, Rizlona, is more or less a box server. I'd like to call out to the player base and developers to band together to put a stop and add the appropriate stigma to the following specific behaviors that completely undermine the classic Everquest experience. People have been using third party programs to teleport through zones and abuse the Plane of Knowledge to travel around the game at near instant speeds. It is very easy to figure these players out by inspecting them and comparing achievements. Target a player and type /achieve and then click compare to look at another players achievements. Seeing traveler achievements mere seconds apart, and the more obvious is seeing Plane of Knowledge traveler achievements followed by zones other than Karana which to my knowledge shouldn't even have working portals in PoK.

I have begun compiling a list of offenders who have these obviously time stamped, viewable by the public, logs of their transgressions. If any developers want to reach out to me I will gladly share this info. If this thread is shut down and left unsolved my guild and I will feel forced into leaving the game for good. If no one reaches out to me, the thread remains open, and these hackers remain playing the game, I will be compelled to post the list I have compiled. If any other players feel like minded and would like to help compile a list of known offenders feel free to contact me.

Personally I do not think retaining their account and issuing a suspension is enough of a punishment for any account that has used movement hacking to create such a large and significant advantage. The myriad of benefits characters received should not be able to be retained, and the economic disruption in our community caused by said offenders should not be allowed to continue.

Thanks for taking the time to read my concerns, I trust you will handle this promptly.

EQs biggest fan, Rizlona Detective
  2. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

It's amazing how simple it is to catch these people, as you've seen.

Even more amazing is how little DPG cares. Good luck.
  3. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

This has been a known bug that sometimes when killing Innoruk or failing to him for some reason you can get ported to the Plane of Knowledge. There are other instances of weirdness like this happening when the server lag was happening across all servers.

If I understand correctly the Plane of Knowledge is the default zone for characters to get punted to when weird things happen when zoning and the game doesnt know where to put them. The devs were alerted to this a while back and there was even a more recent post in discord of this happening.

Discord Link

[IMG]
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

I thought this is why you roll on rizlona in the first place?
  5. Rizlona Detective New Member

Even if POK traveler is attainable legitimately, there are plenty of other red flags I have seen like 3 to 4 traveler achievements in under 2 minutes, and achievements for zones with other zone achievements missing that are required to travel through without the use of POK. Not to mention first hand witnessing people warp and leave zones that currently had no pickzones without casting a single spell. Also it is to my understanding even if you legitimately enter POK on TLP not all portals are active. Also some of the achievements were achieved long before the character got level achievements to even be in a Plane of Hate DZ.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I came here for shenanigans, and only see EQ working as intended. Play the sad hulk music Tom.
    Auesheet likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

When people's (not barbarian) boxes are socking Vox and don't have things like blackburrow traveler, yeah, they're cheating.
  8. KnightofTruth Journeyman

Honestly, have a look at the two people who are able to kill Naggy / Vox by themselves in classic, and you will see who is cheating. Same people from the last few servers who will automatically update their bazaar prices to undercut you on anything you try to sell legitimately. I applaud your efforts, and I really hope that Darkpaw Games can actually do something about the scum this time around. Not going to hold my breath, but it does sound like they are enforcing more. The whole thing seems shady though. I have to say that they seem to turn a blind eye to cheaters at the top; and have for a while now. They don't care about warping anymore it seems.
  9. KnightofTruth Journeyman

It's pathetic, you guys should quit. I've already gotten sick of this crap. Game is a joke nowadays...you can only run the same content so many times before you get totally sick of it. This is coming from one of the most proilific farmers to ever play the game.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They should bring back the version of Qeynos with Douganon and his army of Froglok Doug Knights

You can do this without cheating.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Go on..
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

13. Tweakfour17 Augur

14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Not debating that warp plugins are being abused, but I'm pretty sure PoK is a completely useless zone until PoP actually unlocks as all the stones and vendors just... aren't there. The only thing it does is prevent buffs from ticking down.

At least this was the case on Phinny when people found an exploit that could be easily used to gain access.
  15. Rizlona Detective New Member

Please do explain how they got PoK traveler and Feerrott traveler 48 seconds apart if the stones don't work. Even if they did work how fast would you have to run and zone to accomplish that.
  16. Arrk Augur

PoK .... just be level 46... barely into level. If you die when in planes and the rez leaves you below 46 when you zone back into the planes... you get ported to PoK. not really an exploit... just something that happens...
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't play on TLP's so I might be wrong about what is possible there...
    But maybe it was a druid who bugged into to pok, as described earlier. Who then cast "ring of feerrott".

Or someone else from pok, who drank a cazic-gate-potion: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2503 and then ran(not sure if 48 secs is possible though) to feerrott afterwards(and who already had cazic thule-traveler from earlier thanks to a wizard port and afterwards ported out of cazic without visiting feerrott).

Its not unusual for porting-classes(and their groups) to get traveler achievements "out of order"...

A raider having an instant-gate potion is not that unusual either, the traditional choice was the leatherfoot cap though...:)

In the early days when you bugged out of a zone, you ended up near one of the ldon-camps, did they change that to pok ?

Im not saying people don't cheat, but make sure there isn't a viable explanation, before submitting your list to the GMs
  18. hellofriend New Member

Anyone want to hunt warpers, I know the undead tower deep in the Hole is a hotspot... SEENT IT
  19. RizLoaner Elder

Imagine playing a game to go around checking everyone's achievements because you're so paranoid. Then imagine having these people flooding the petition queue with all their useless petitions. Now you know why legit things are never dealt with.
    Genoane likes this.
  20. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

Rizlona: We want a server where we can fully automate and cheat everything!
    *some guy does it better*
    Rizlona: GMs have to crack down on automation and cheating!