Fight Fire TBL Chase Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Heajol, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

my new bard has done 4 fight fires.. had shoulders and boots drop in Mission #2. but already had boots because a guildee had linked them in guild chat the week before, so.. Genchat got a pair of boots.
  2. Sobmre Augur

you just got lucky
  3. Heajol Augur

This topic is mute now. I've done somewhere around 25-30 FFs now in total and since I posted this I've received the ring, boots and gloves. Getting lucky so far with no duplicates. The shoulders still evade me and they are of course the piece I want the most!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Laurana Augur

I just started a month ago trying for this--I have not gotten to TBL yet. Done 53 missions, only 1 boot so far. I feel like I'm missing something... The last 4 mobs we kill in about 90 seconds. Are we killing too fast?
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

?

If you are doing FF, I'm pretty sure that counts as getting to TBL. Heck, a lot of folks didn't much past that during TBL.

Distribution of loot from FF always seemed streaky. Some folks would wait on boots, while some waited on rings (honestly, until Overseers ... no one really waited on shoulders). A friendly guild helps in distributing extras to those who need.

There was at least some chatter about not having the 4 end mobs die to dots. Assuming you are doing the missions solely for the loot, you might back off a little. If the end takes 90 sec or 3 minutes, does it really matter that much in the end?
  6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's funny all the strange superstitions and tactics people come up with on rare item camps. But no, like virtually every other rare drop in the game, the ancient formula applies: 1) kill mob 2) dice rolls 3) win/lose 4) repeat.

I got boots, gloves and shoulders in my first 4 missions. But then it took me nearly 50 more to get a ring. Good luck!
  7. Laurana Augur

Thanks for the replies. I ask, since I notice there are some Conquest achievements associated with this mission and I did not know if those had anything to do with loot drop chance. Up to 60 missions now and still no additional drops. Sadly, I have all the requirements to level these items, but getting them to drop is the hardest part! Guess I'll press on. :)
  8. Endorek Lorekeeper

Just to make sure, you're waiting the full lockout time between attempts? If you kill the loot dropping mobs, even if you quit the mission prematurely, you receive a loot lockout although not a mission lockout.
  9. aozs Augur

Kill time shouldn't matter, back when I farmed it I killed them a lot faster than 90s and still saw plenty of drops.

The discussion about DoTs is likely about the deactivation mechanic (in theory it's supposed to wipe DoTs when they go inactive). There are some weird timings that can happen where you might accidentally kill a mob as it enters the "deactivated" state which could cause it to not drop loot. I don't know if that's true or not but it seems like a plausible theory.
  10. Conq Augur

From personal experience, if any of the last 4 mobs dies while "deactivated" they poof - no xp, no faction, no loot.
    Conq
  11. Heajol Augur

I now have all four items and it only took me two weeks, averaging 1-2 FFs per day. I received one duplicate (boots) in that time. I received the shoulders from someone else doing the mission and knowing that I wanted them! The other three drops were from missions that I boxed myself. Including ones that I did before that's about a 1 in 10 drop rate for me personally.

Make sure that your Alt-Z Loot Lockout timer is up before you attempt the mission and good luck!
  12. Laurana Augur

I do anywhere between 0 and 3 a day. Make sure everyone is in the mission until lockout to prevent not being able to loot if something drops. Very few DoTing classes, so that should not be too much of an issue (melee and pure caster).

Glad to see @Heajol got all their loots1 Maybe your good luck will come my way...6 weeks and only 1 loot so far. =/
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Reading this post is giving me PTSD symptoms. I hate Fight Fire so much lol