GM Doex

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

Maybe that was the GM introduction we were told about - did he say anything?
  2. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Just because you was at the keyboard doesn't mean you were actually playing the game.
    Movies, eating, p0rn...whatever.

Strange on Aradune people can miss the GM in front of them, when the rules state only 2 box is allowed. Just 2 screens and you miss the say by the GM who was maybe informed of bots/afk players with report etc..and was then watching you. Up close I bet.
    Seems to me that GM Doex knows what they are looking for when it comes to spotting afk play and botters.
    Hence the tears, but they can't do that! they are supposed to tell me they would be watching and when.
    This GM sucks! suspend me this..this THIS! is outrageous!

I've never seen a GM on Aradune so if I saw one dancing in front of me I would be a bit surprised and might send them a tell saying hello. Cause lets be honest it's rare and they might not be there to give you milk and cookies, maybe try the "is there a problem officer approach" if you think you have missed a say.
    Lejaun likes this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So let me get this straight
    You weren't there but you know he was invis
    You weren't botting you were just /melody while tabbed out and breaking the Zone disrupting instead
    Lejaun likes this.
  4. Yosemite Journeyman

I agree, nobody pay's attention to say
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

A GM using /say for identifying a boxing player is AFK botting is no different than a "speed trap" designed to spot drivers under the influence. While I don't want drunkard's on the road, abusing power to look for trouble is not how this works.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Rusery New Member

I use /say all the time. ECL, tunnel, camps, planes etc. Its quick, its easy and it works well enough. Theres like 10 people chiming into this garbage discussion and you're all patting yourselves on the back as if you know how to/not to be a GM. /slowclap
  7. Nordgaren Elder

Wait, are you asking how the guy knows the GM was invis if we was at his computer? Could it be because he didn't see anyone around him? Didn't he say he checked GINA logs and that's how he found out about the message in /say?

Don't quit your day job... Or do, if you're an investigator...
    Gheed and Fenthen like this.
  8. yerm Augur

Most people put say in a seperate window (often with emote) where it can be easily ignored as spam. In the tunnel sure you may actually look at it. At a raid or when mass pulling mobs you ignore it. What's more even if you do put it in with your other chat in a main window and do not try to ignore it you will still miss /say in any situation where enough mobs are pulled/agroed at once! Even if you dedicate half your monitor to one giant say chat only box you will miss say chat in situations like pulling a bunch of runnyeye goblins.

Using say (or emote) to communicate something important is nonsense. I hope whoever is responsible for this boneheaded cs idea gets obliterated with petitions from the false positives.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

GMs don't hide from you when they talk to you, they Summon you or stand right in your toons face with a giant name. I wasn't even there and i know he wasn't invis.

If a level 1 Necro can't get bone chips for his pet because you and 3 other bards are locking down every Skelly spawn in the zone for days on end it's no different then if you made an Ogre and blocked a doorway. Doing this in EQ is called Zone disruption and it's against the TOS.

Doex is Doen the lords work.
    Lejaun and GNOME_POWER like this.
  10. Nordgaren Elder

He didn't get banned for zone disruption, you're straw-maning this argument hard.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

GMs don't invis when talking to you in say, they aren't even allowed to. The only way a GM would be invis and talking to you is in a /tell and the GM would introduce himself as a GM in his first tell.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Your right he got "banned" for AFK botting. Because he was AFK botting bone chips so he has them for his ECtunnel PL service. Then he made up some BS story about just not paying attention to his screen and being hit by a GM literally doing something GMs aren't even allowed to do.

Edit: i just find it's funny that his "i totally did nothing wrong defense a second offense that he also could've been banned for.
    Lejaun likes this.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Sure you're bud ;)
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

If you enter the newbie area and bother low-level players, it will continue to be reported.
    Lejaun likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Which server was this?
  16. Mashef_8013 Elder

GM's can just freeze your game so you can't move or do anything. Happened to me mid Vex Thal back on live as I had to suffer through a surname name change. I was MA and the guild was kind of PO'd but it is what it is. It would be much more effective to just freeze the screen. If the player doesn't do anything say anything, or reboot the game they are AFK. A bot wouldn't notice it for minutes. A regular player is going to be PO'd, /q, alt F4, end task, or something thinking the game just froze and reboot. if they do all that and died, GM Can always rez and buff you for the hassle.

Literally using /say or /tell to determine afk is the worst method. The tools available to a GM are nearly endless.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. wade_watts Augur

I'm not sure I understand your agenda, but all you have to offer seems to be assuming the worst in everyone else and trying to setup false arguments to prove a point that nobody even cares about. If you think the dude was botting, great for you, do you need to make the re-hashed same post 12 times? Calm down man, you are the reason all of these threads get locked because you just devolve things into personal accusations and attacks.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  18. Hadesborne Augur

OK, lets put this thing to bed right now. GMs have ABSOLUTELY used say AND been invis to communicate with me MANY times over the years. They do it all the time. You don't know what your talking about. STOP making assumptions with NO experience to back them up newb.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Bruh you named and shamed a GM while providing no evidence of the events that actually transpired just some story of what "your friend" claims to have happened.
    Duder likes this.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

Okay but what about all the zone disruption in the deep and PoI from AE PLing for kronos? At the dawn of PoP without any flags, your options to XP in the xpac are limited with PoI being one of those very few options. It's almost impossible to group in PoI due to the AE groups. Even if you try you'll either end up with slim pickings or in my experience AE groups just pulling trains through you that cause chain aggro and end up wiping the group. Nothing is ever done regarding that, even with petitions.

I'm not advocating for bards AEing piles of near insta respawn skellies but if making zones unplayable for groups of people who want to XP with limited in era options isn't zone disruption I don't see how these bards are disrupting the zone.
    Nordgaren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.