No more Keying please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

With Kunark coming up for the almost 20th time in a row can we please reduce the requirements, or remove VP keying entirely?

I'm almost thinking about skipping Kunark raiding just because keying is such a negative aspect of that expansion. Not to mention Rizlona will be a giant cess pool with everyone trying to Key alts.

Thanks!
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Kunark is 3 months, what else are you going to do? If you want to skip VP skip VP, you can easily maintain RA and get good upgrades without ever stepping foot in that zone.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Karhar Dream Crusher

You keep wanting to start from classic, you get to key for VP for the 20th time.
    tofu stir fry, VandilIzer and Skuz like this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're definitely right as far as progression. But the issue is that, especially this early/stage, "having" to skip this zone is a relative big problem for people that want to see the content. It's a terrible block as well.

Selo proved that gear is literally useless as long as you have numbers in early EQ, but if they trivialized the VP key closer to the likes of the Seb key, who would complain?

At this point, let the casuals raid whatever they want IMO.
    Master Kahleem likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Whats the major roadblock in the quest these days? Is it still ground spawns? And a couple rare named? maybe make the named spawn 100% and then everyone can experience going through the motions w/o having to poop sock a rare mob someone will KS you on.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They did actually speed up the ground spawns already I thought, has 2 or 3 locations now & faster spawn timers as I recall. Speeding up the rare mobs required for key would definitely help, the worst one was the mob in Firiona Vie, though I used bard track & cleric's sense dead for that.

I disagree with removing the need to acquire the key in-era though, but in favour of speeding the process up on accelerated unlock schedule servers, by a factor of 4 ideally but at least double that of live servers.
  7. Master Kahleem Augur

If you looked back at my post history you'd see i did NOT, in fact, want to start from Classic. I wanted to start from Kunark or Velious =/
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

Well starting from Kunark wont solve you having to do VP keying
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Arrk Augur

Keying is part of it... Don't want to do the keying, then don't.

You don't need the loot from VP, and you can always go tour it in 3 expansions when they take keying out.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. PeterPansicle Journeyman

I honestly don't think we'll see any changes to keying other than what they did in regards to how toxic the jade prod camp was. I completely agree that keys are a time sink that seems pretty silly in regards to TLP servers, but they probably view it as a slippery slope. If they change the VP key, ppl will want the VT key changed next and so on. There's very valid arguments to remove these time sinks but I don't think they'll change anything else at all.
  11. PeterPansicle Journeyman

12. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm a bit ambivalent about keying in Kunark, but I will say, it appears that thr spawn rates are not up to par for the key pieces, proportionately.

We operate on 1/4 the time that Kunark originally existed, so, logically, the spawns should happen four times more often...and sitting at the Pained Soul for 7 hours on Agnarr, it certainly did not feel proportionate.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

keying is fine... =p
  14. Gremin Augur

Stop trying to change wow, where its easy mode. Some folks love those long keying camps that i get meet new people, grind xp etc.
  15. Master Kahleem Augur

Keying is not fine, it sounds like you've not done it in a long time?
  16. Tucoh Augur

Keying should be made faster.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Live servers get 12 months between expansions, most TLP get 3

Literally 25% of the available time to get anything done "in-era"

In later expansions the keying/flagging system on 3-month unlocks TLP is 2x as fast as a direct result of community action, mostly due to how those later raids are "tiered" and you need to beat a tier a number of times before you can progress.

Early era expansion keying has stayed stuck at the same speed as live even though there is a clear precedent for speeding up key acquisition in later eras, those later expansions do have an "entry requirement" to the raids of a set of missions so they do differ to early expansion key quests but I do think there is a strong case for doubling the speed of the early raid-zone entry quests that are mostly just boring farming/camping exercises that just take too long given the speed of expansion unlocks & competition for keys (ground-spawns/mobs).

If the keying quests are not changed then maybe create a mission-arc for keys/raid-zone access to act as an alternative route.
  18. Branntick Augur

All of the massive bottlenecks in the game need to be dealt with, from keying to epics. As it stands, raiding on these servers prior to PoP is cancerous.

Massively accelerate common epic bottlenecks for Wiz, SK, Ench, etc. Massively accelerate VP keying. Massively accelerate Lucid Shard drop rates.

Either that, or make a TLP that starts in GoD next time so we can have all classes available at launch and not have to worry about it. Actually, start in TSS so we can have all of the starting zones available too.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Stratka Lorekeeper

Or... go full micro transactions:
    • $14.99 for the key to Veeshan's Peak.
    • $9.99 for an item to spawn a loot locked Broken Golem.
    • $9.99 for an item to spawn a loot locked Verina Tomb or Vessel Drozlin or $14.99 for both!
    All the above can be acquired for free in game with no micro transaction needed!
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No