Phinigel Flagging issues EoK to live

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hendoh12, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Other than the 10,000-12,000 AAs compared to the 1,000 AAs of TBM or TDS?

Even with the AAs being 2-3x faster per kill in EoK, you are still talking a huge chunk of AAs coming in EoK. Grinding out those AAs will take far longer than any level 5 grind (excluding maybe ToV).

Using level increase as the metric for setting the TLP expansion duration is silly. It should be content based. On TLPs for example people always complain about LoY/LDoN/PoR/TBS/CoTF/TBM, all very small expansions with not much content for players likely consuming all the previous content. In era they were fine expansions since people didn't play as hard as they do on TLPs, but on TLPs expansions are viewed through the lens of players who mostly all defeated the prior expansions raid and group content, farming it for a month or two.
    Skuz and blackninja like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Taking into account the amount of things to do (progression, raids, AA) EoK is massive compared to TBM or TDS.

Most 8 week expansions are filler, EoK is a different kind of beast.
  3. Trowx New Member

EoK is a great expansion that will reignite Phinigel. However, it's current plan of moving forward will not do the expansion justice. It will essentially hurt the server for this expansion, and future expansions due to requirements in RoS that rely on EoK. This server has a real shot at making it to live with several successful guilds. Please keep that dream alive!

P.S. bring back Vainglorious Shout to it's full greatness.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please, by all the gods, no, never.:mad:

Nobody needs the lagfests that overpowered, unlimited target damage songs or spells or AA create (when they are effective kiting tools), caps are good for stuff like that, stops selfish idiots disrupting other players. EQ would require a 100,000% or more increase of processor efficiency in its pathing code to even think about this, and that ain't gonna happen, even then no player should be able to kite-kill anything from 10-100% of a current era zone, having vastly better xp solo than any grouping could ever get them & leaving nothing up for anyone else.
  5. Delora Journeyman

Tossing support for this idea. Whatever is easier for you guys to get into the next patch, whether that be more keys or an extended EOK. Please do it!
    RainbowCane, Auesheet and Skuz like this.
  6. Somnium Wintersun New Member

I haven’t played on Phinny since like TBS but I’m definitely in support of this change!
    RainbowCane and Skuz like this.
  7. Gorg00 Augur

As a Selos player and officer in one of the few raiding guilds left, I support increasing the keys. I would prefer not increasing the time in the expansion.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Tuzmin New Member

I support increasing flags and loot. Please let phingel continue its so far successful path.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Heartland Augur

I dont agree with moving the goal posts after I've kicked the ball
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the support, Selo's is a little different to the other TLP by virtue of its xp & lockout timers so doesn't need an extension on the expansion like the other servers would.

So Phinny (on a 12/8 unlock schedule) would be fine having EoK onwards ALL being 12 weeks while Selo can happily stay as 1 month unlocks much more easily.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, do you play on a TLP & if so do you mind sharing which one it is?
  12. Heartland Augur

I play on phinigel.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

So your position is that the flags and keys should not be upped and the amount of time spent in the expac should also not be upped?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They seem to be the 1 forum user on Phinny who doesn't want any changes to the current ruleset, they are the only one I have seen thus far, but sometimes the exception proves the rule. Let them be, we have a lot of support for the changes proposed even if not everyone is in 100% agreement on which changes should go in.

Let's face it a whole ton of changes have been made to the TLP rules that Phginigel started out with already and so far all of them were well-received by the remaining players on Phinigel & the other servers following behind have not voiced massive opposition to any of them so far so the Phinigel Community has been leading the charge on many things & so far has been a very positive influence on the TLP rules being used.
    Not for much longer though, only a few expansions until we hit live status, Selo's should hit live in March 2021 & Phinigel soon after in May.
    They will be the first progression server(s) to manage that feat if they still have active raid guilds beating content in-era by then.

Summary so far:

EoK
    1. Keys to x3 - all but 1 forum user supports
    2. Increase EoK to 12 weeks except on Selos - largely supported, a few don't care either way & a couple don't think it needs to be extended.
    3. Double loot - only a few have voiced this, I support this though if the 8 week run is not extended to 12, much like how Underfoot was done.

RoS
    4. Add a plat-purchased template in RoS which may be used to replace EoK items used in RoS armour combines to reduce back-raiding EoK to fill out RoS era slots for returning members in RoS / early TBL - think it's just me asking for that.
  15. Heartland Augur

This is correct - I dont want to extend it and then be bored waiting for the next ones.
  16. NickDanger Elder

I support extending EoK to 3 months.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Kurrek New Member

As someone who has played on Phinny for a few years, and wants to reach live with the guild I'm currently in, please at a minimum extend the length of EoK to 3 months.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Youkuhlyptus New Member

I don't think you'll have to worry, even you and Zerker will be hard pressed to get it all done in 2 months.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Ponak New Member

As a Phinny player - I completely support extending to 12 weeks.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. r32jl32 New Member

Looking at the armor requirements of RoS needing EoK armor (to upgrade), I'd rather spend 12 weeks in EoK than be in RoS still raiding EoK. Please extend EoK to 12 weeks.
    Skuz likes this.