Request - More Bags that can only hold one specific item Type

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mediik, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Mediik Augur

I am going through my bags tonight trying to organize and it's literally taking hours to sift through all the "things". It's very helpful having the bags that only hold Tradeskill Items (Extraplanar Trade Satchel) and the Collection Only bags (Deep Caverns Collector's Case) to help sort. I just dump my other bags into those and wallah.. items sorted.

I am humbly requesting more bags that hold different "types" of items to help maintain all the things that I find on my character these days. Here is my current list, I'm sure there are more types people would like.

1. Weapon Only Bag
    2. Augment Only Bag
    3. Quest Only Bag
    4. Food Only Bag

I'll pay for them.

Thanks
    Med
    niente, Szilent, Bigstomp and 2 others like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

We need Lilbraen's Big Axe Bandolier. 40 slots, throwing items only, 35% throwing haste.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I wouldn't mind an Ornament Bag. The Hero's Forge Keyring is great for Armor but I still have bags full of weapon/shield ornaments that don't fit in the keyring.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If you are spending hours going through your bags, you are not utilizing the Find Item window...button in the bottom right of the Inventory window.

It sets your inventory up just like searching the bazaar and can include your bank, shared bank and even houses that the specific toon is the primary owner. With the ability to highlight and grab an item, really should not be taking anyone hours to clean up inventory and bank on a toon.
    Coagagin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Allayna Augur

You forgot clickie only and potion only bags.

Honestly, I think it's time to see some player made collection bags, 32 slot like the tradeskill ones and tradeable like the tradeskill ones, would make moving collections around from toon to toon much easier.
    Yinla, Nadisia and Jumbur like this.
  6. Mediik Augur

If I could remember what every item in the game was for, this would be true. With 20 years worth of gear, I like to say I've forgotten more about this game over time than I can recall. I end up with many random quest items.. random TS items.. equipment etc. I have to remind myself what the item is before I destroy it or keep it. Learned that the hard way once.

Granted. I only cleanup every few months. That's about how long it takes me to run out of space. I figure if I could sort it better by stacking more specific Item type bags in my inventory, it will help quite a bit.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  7. Celephane Augur

I recently mentioned this word in another thread and people said they had never seen someone use it. Here you go, the word is "voila", it is french
    Winnowyl and Mediik like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A vendor-trash only bag.

Would use them in the field(together with all the other suggestions), everyday!
    Mostly so that loot "auto-sorts" while playing. :)

I think a food(and drink)-only bag, would be confusing together with a tradeskill-bag though, as most food-items can be used in tradeskill-combines...
    Vumad, Seor and Zamiam like this.
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Idea: "convertable" bags. can convert between whatever big ticket item 'types' or be non-restricted....consumable, container, combineable, collectible, quest, armor, aug, etc....

modern problems require modern solutions....
    Sokki likes this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Sorry to hijack, but since we're talking about bags... I'd like to see a pair of numbers added to the icon for each bag when you DO NOT have it opened. These numbers would display how many items out of how many total slots are filled. So when I open my banker, this pair of numbers would show me which bags have contents as well as showing me the size of the bag without having to right-click or open every doggone bag! I hate it when I find I'm still using a 16-slot bag when I've bagged a 36-slot in some other bag.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Nadisia Augur

A player made bag for collectibles is really what I miss the most.
    With so many collectibles, and so many collections, managing it all becomes a nightmare.

(and no, I don't like the housing trick, drop all my collectibles on the ground in multiple houses is messy to me :))

With player made bags (and tradable btw) : log the right mule, trade the bag, click on everything with your best whack a mole style, trade the bag back to the mule, and you're done. :p
    Seor and Yinla like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This x 3000, would really make my life eaiser rather than it be dotted around my bags.
    ForumBoss and Zamiam like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would be awesome but....

....I think Berserkers were asking for any kind of Quiver-type throwing-item container for their axes since the class was in its infancy, the devs have always been "radio-silence" on that one, all we get is the temporary Mage-summoned Bandolier of Luclin or Crude Fur Bandolier from the Grimling Forest War Event (I did this event many times and this doesn't even seem to drop any more) & that's it :(
    minimind likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You missed tainted larkspur only bag.
  15. Allayna Augur

You don't enter the house, just put in house from outside. As you manage the house you can see a list of them all. What would also be nice is the option to "empty bag contents" into a housing plot.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

And I will not give up the fight! And by fight, I mean gentle, opportunistic nudges on the forums. ;)
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

With a huge axe held behind your back but visible just for extra persuasion....
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I use a scuffed journeymans 32 slot to trade around collectibles but a collectible only bag that was tradeable would be sweet.
  19. ptah Augur

On the subject of bags.

1>> Lets update trader bags to like 20 32 range please, I love making tribute bow for my server omg do eat space, attempts to sell only regs for final combo fail a number of times.

2>> Let use the buff system and apply this bags, thus lets the end user filter each bag. Sidenote creation of such bag with filter could a marketplace only item or possible new years only. Make special, make profitable to Darkpaw peeps, and make of packrats happy.
    minimind likes this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

why can't we do bags inside bags with items in them .. I remember UO (ultima Online) had that ability that way you could have a 32 slot ornament bag(full) inside another 32 or 40 slot bag for misc stuff then if you want an ornament just open the bag inside the misc bag .. made space on a toon easier ... not sure why they can't make it so full bags with items can't be put into another bag and be opened .. if UO did it the code is out there and UO is an older game than EQ ..

P.S. I know UO didnt have 32 slot bags their bags were smaller , however the concept is what I was getting at ..