But why?? (patch UI change)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cadres, Jul 15, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And those people spamming them would be the TLP'ers who pay with Krono and have flooded these forums with posts about not using a Krono soon enough and having to log into a live server to update their account each month. Hence another reason the main posts about this are in the TLP section.

Now the "I am quitting" comment will turn into

I am going F2P!!! Bill date doesn't matter!!!
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

I sometimes skim their forums and very VERY briefly the official Discord and when things go even slightly wrong meltdown is possibly too polite a term.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I have requested this change having a lifetime sub as it no longer served any purpose.
  4. Xorsazis Augur

The best solution would be to mark days left or an expiry date on the launcher after login, since you can reference it, and then it closes once the app is running.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am just going to put this out there and I have verified it on all my paying accounts:

If you bring up the marketplace in game then where it shows "your reward expires" - that is your next bill date. You are awarded 500 dbc on your bill date. Go ahead and compare it to what it shows in account management instead of arguing with me here.

So there is that way that may be easier for some.
  6. smash Augur

IMO,on chars commands add a "best before" XX date, that being when you subscriptions run out
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So hold on... you're mad because a TLP player posted the discussion from the Discord server, on the TLP forum and not here too? /boggle. It wasn't a "Discord AMA", it was a discussion on the EverQuest Discord server for ANYONE to see.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, I am not mad lmao. I am no where near a snowflake. Its called sarcasm
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I guess the answer is "manage it yourself", I have now checked all of my 5 accounts and added reminders on my smartphone's calendar so I know when to re-sub (or not).

Would have been nice to have the info in game, even if it was just on the launcher it would have been convenient, multiple account switching on DPG site is a bit of a PITA.
    Fenthen and Nadisia like this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

And another dumb move, one ... o_O
    Exactly.
    We do have 6 accounts. They really think that we'll log on the site with their stupid captcha on 6 different accounts?

This stupid decision would almost make me want to say : «You don't want me to know when my subscription expires? Ok, I know when it expires, it's now»

[IMG]

Meanwhile in the guild lobby ... we still have tons of corpses spawning after each patch.
    Working as intended? Oh wait ...
    Fenthen, Caell, Raptorjesus5 and 3 others like this.
  11. Truesh0t New Member

The devs could have just asked the devs of EmQueueTwo what THEY do... As an accurate version of the information is still accessible in game via basic vanilla EmQueueTwo commands.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

It was the thread I happened to be in at the moment , sorry ( I actually play on Live and TLP's) I do wish someone who was more tech savvy would find a way to search or record the discord and figure out a way to post the stuff the DPG Team says there that might be relevant to most or some of us and a way to get it here on the forums

I will post it here again for reference so others don't have to go to the dreaded TLP forums...

From Discord:
    "klandersoToday at 1:11 PM
    because the thing was pulling from awkward data and it wasn't an easy fix to make it less awkward

klandersoToday at 1:13 PM
    there were two options: 1) redo a bunch of the backend, to the point where we were almost certainly going to break other things, or 2) remove the UI element and have people look at the one true spot on the website

klandersoToday at 1:16 PM
    it had a 50/50 chance of displaying the wrong time left when you consumed a krono, leading people to believe that the krono they consumed did not work. removing the UI element was the best way to fix it without a major rework

PipToday at 1:16 PM
    more like "it sucks that we had to go with that fix but due to resources/otherstuff, we cant realistically just fix it normal. That and having 2 spots for people to check that can cause a bunch of confusion if the certain circumstances were set.

klandersoToday at 1:36 PM
    50/50 was generous :p

dreamweaverToday at 1:37 PM
    Yeah likely closer to 90/10
  13. dreadlord Augur

That doesn't help in knowing whether you have 5 or 255 days left on an annual sub (which is what I use it for)

Also disappointing to see folk asking for it to be removed because they don't use it. I don't use all kinds of things, but i don't demand they should go away and inconvenience folks who *do* value whatever utility.
    As far as I can see, this will cost DBG money - for eg if I know my sub is coming up, i go and renew it. I won't know in future, so it will run out before I'm aware of it. So there will be a gap of some days. Not bank-breaking in itself, but all those days add up...
    Caell likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

if you use a krono to pay for a sub the marketplace does not show you when your "reward expires" if you've already claimed it .. and you dont want to wait till the last day or 2 to claim your reward heaven forbid the servers crash or there is an unexpected over 24 to 48 hour downtime "maintenance" or power outage :p you just never know
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Chiming in to say I am sad to see it go. With 3 accounts it's often a pain in the to find out how much game time you left have by having to login in multiple times to the membership website.
    Fenthen, Caell and dreadlord like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Holy crap!

Am I the only person that keeps a notes/spreadsheet file for EQ?

There's too much to track in this game. I keep a spreadsheet with all the info I need, among which is the dates the accounts renew*. Didn't know I was the only one ;)

Also, the custom UI I use didn't display this anyway, so I didn't even know it was a feature.

Just note the dates on a post-it, leave it on the monitor, and problem solved.

* - and the date(s) housing upkeep is due, and the date(s) Loyalty will max out, etc, etc, etc
  17. xcitng Augur

all of my accounts say add time and according to the website none are even due until next month ... so i cannot claim any dbc even tho some accounts are not due for near a month and others near 3 weeks ... why are you doing this to us paying customers? please fix it! ;(
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There has been a problem going around with not being able to claim dbc and getting the add time when it shouldn't be there. I petitioned to get it fixed.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Up till now you might have been outside of those using custom UI that didn't show it. But yes going forward I guess keeping a list or spreadsheet will be needed.
  20. dreadlord Augur

Some of us are allergic to spreadsheets... ;p
    Not sure what I'd want one for anyway; My housing is due in about 30 years' time etc
    It actually seems much more convenient to me to have all my EQ info in one place - ie on my EQ computer in EQ (I only use my EQ computer for EQ and related stuff, discord/gamparse etc)
    I fear that post-its are not what they used to be - I'd lay bets the sticky wears off before the year is up

In other words there was a simple solution that put this useful info in front of us.
    If it didn't work properly so what? Most of EQ doesn't work properly (it's a feature not a bug) You don't scrap the whole of the great divide zone because there's some truly weird pathing if you try and pull a mob up a hill; why scrap this because it wasn't 100% accurate?

Having said all that, I'm thinking an ingame notepad/sticky type thing where one could keep notes would be useful
    Fenthen likes this.