Inactive Guild Leader

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Yukil, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Yukil New Member

If a guild leader is inactive for the last few months, is there a way to get leadership transferred even if you have attempted to contact that person with no response?
  2. Uxtalzon Augur

Our guild has the same issue. We have two leaders, but one is inactive (the actual founder) and even though we got into contact with him, he refuses to log in to transfer ownership. He wants nothing to do with EQ anymore.

The other guild leader has petitioned for help, but basically received a SOL response. The guild's been around for nearly a decade and we're basically up the creek without a paddle.
  3. Bendi Lorekeeper

In the past, I have had leadership transferred no problem...
  4. strongbus Augur

had the same issue on a alt guild me and wife had. the toon that was leader was deleted and we coun't find a way to change it. we petition and was told to have all the officers in the guild(just our remaining boxies) do a /petition and votting for a replacement and that the gm would deal with it. could try that and see what happens.
  5. Sun of York New Member

This is an issue for my guild. Leader was last on in 2014. We have a number of returned players and want the guild to continue.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is possibly the oldest necro post ever..........8 years? Wow.

They no longer offer guild management services via petitions. They expect you to delete the guild and remake it. Since the guild is tied to an account and you are not that account they won't touch it. This is from a post from 2018 and a partial response from a petition:

Greetings,

Due to changes to our policy we are no longer promoting players into the guild leadership positions, as we are hands off with all guild activity. In spite of the situation I hope this finds you well, and that it won't make you shy about petitioning us again if you run into any other in-game issues in the future.
    forum troll likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Atleast he searched the forum for precedent.
    xmPradah and Nennius like this.
  8. Sun of York New Member

Thanks CatsPaws and Duder.

This is very sad.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Mediik Augur

My guild rolled with an MIA leader for like 3-5 years.. then last time guilds were screwed up and most of the members got disbanded, we managed to talk to JChan and get another guild leader added. Unfortunately you may have to wait for some catastrophic thing to happen, then be johnny on the spot.
  10. forum troll Elder

11. Xerxius New Member

I'm pretty disappointed with this whole thing. The guild leader of a guild I started 20 years ago have been MIA since 2004. There are no senior officers so the new command to take over the guild can't be run by anyone. A few of us started playing again after being MIA for 16 years. Support told us basically that we are SoL and we need to join another guild or create a new one. This is cray if you ask me. I stopped playing Project 1999 because staff there are biased. I come back here and the recovering a guild that I started seems impossible... So we're running without a guild leader or senior officer, don't want to buy stuff like housing, etc because of it. don't really want to use guild bank because of limited control... Basically stuck between a rock and a hard place but hey I started to play Warcraft again on the side. They have this feature called "Dethrone" an absent guild leader. The guild name is Universal Alliance from Fennin Ro which is now Cazic Thule *wave* if you knew that guild. If your char is named Gnemoy PLEASE login and transfer guild leader.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

I’m not sure I follow the issue. If you were MIA for 16 years what are you missing from 16 years ago by creating a new guild, aside from the name?

If you started the guild why aren’t you still a senior officer or have founder/leader status? No offense, but your claim to the guild doesn’t sound much better than anyone else’s who might come back hence why DBG won’t intervene. They have no way of knowing you weren’t previously semi-kicked out or just trying to steal another guild’s assets using an old alt that’s in said guild. The game is old enough that it’s easy to have two returning groups contest the same old guild and that’s likely why you had to have been left with senior officer status.

Tips:
    1) Create a new guild
    2) Succession plan better and make sure you have enough senior officer coverage.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Aethelric New Member

We might be waiting a while for this one :(
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

xmPradah and Iven like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He said there were no senior officers. Odd when he was the guild creator that he didn't give himself senior status if/when he transferred guild ownership to Gnemoy.

Just start a new guild. Its not like anything of importance is in a 16 year old guild. Not even guild names mean much nowadays. I mean coming back after 16 years and expecting no changes is a little silly. If it was that important 16 years ago you would have taken precautions.

If you feel better playing WOW then have at it.
  16. Xerxius New Member

I never thought I was ever going to play the game again so didn't give it much thought back then when I switched to playing FFXI. Yes I'm just trying to steal the contents of the guild bank that's a couple of extremely valuable ruined wolf pelts that I put in there in the first place! I just wanted to keep that guild name that's all, there's a few chars on there that have not logged on for many years. I actually reactivated my WOW account and playing both at the moment.

P.S. @Tigonus, no worries it should only be a few days when Gnemoy logs back in just to kick me out of the guild for trying to steal those ruined wolf petls!
  17. Xerxius New Member

xmPradah likes this.