ROS raid diamonds vs TBL/TOV nuggets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to see a hybrid of RoS/ToV. Make the tradeskill container generic between group and raid like ToV, and make a raid drop turn it into T1 raid gear. Make the actual dropped raid gear T2.
  2. Zeelot Elder

I don't mind the current system, but I believe there should be better rewards for tier 3 raids. For example, gear progression could be like this: T1 -> T2/Trade-skill -> T3.

I feel like risk/difficulty vs. reward is not balanced like it used to be in older expansions before the introduction of brilliance/vigor/adroitness trade skill items.

On another note, not sure if this fits here, I feel there should be more variation in itemization rather than a slight difference in heroic stats. It would also be nice if single class-only weapons are introduced again which have effects that compliment that class. For example, Greenmist, Blindfoe, Morguecaller, Cudgel of Venomous Hatred, Soul Leech, Rheumguls, Dark Reaver, Soul Binder, Soul Defiler etc..
  3. Fian Augur

This thread is devolving off topic. On first page, we established that no one wants to go back to the 2 raid diamond approach where a TSer has to loot one to make the container for the non-TSer to use the 2nd raid diamond to make the item. TBL and TOV improved on that, and no one is asking for that to be brought back.

The purpose of this thread is whether we should follow the example of ROS where the TS item was less than the standard raid drop, or the TBL/TOV method where the TS item was BiS.
  4. Lianeb Augur

It doesn't matter.
    The gear that has the better stats will be the set that drops less often in a chest.

The problem is the TS item can make any slot you want, if you are able to make any slot it should not be the most commonly "wanted" item. The unique, better stat, and more desired items should not be a "generic" pick your slot item.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not sure having 2 entire sets of gear that will rot as people wait for the final tier of gear is a good idea.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I don't see them going back to a 3 tier system for Raid Armor. It works good in the group game since you have the tradeable tier the dropped tier and then the TS tier. Like Waring said, doing that for the raid tier will just mean more rotting gear as raiders won't even consider the 1st of 3 tiers.