Ancient Ssraeshzian Cloth Helm Ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

The Ancient Ssraeshzian Cloth helm Ornament was usable by all class as a bst that uses robes this ornament fits well. It is one of the few helms I like to use. However it is not in very many colors and so it limited on what sets it can be used with.

Is there any way would could get more "Hoods" Vs Helms and can we get them for more then just cloth users. After all helms are ok but the look of hoods look much better.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

This was a mistake that was corrected in a patch, Ancient (any appearance) are no longer obtainable as of July 2013. Ornaments are by design restricted to keep the look that is only available to that class. Plate/chain classes will not get robe or hood looks on purpose (to date). Its been stated before. Cloth sets using a hood design could be possible.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sets are set as either cloth/leather or plate/chain meaning any of those who wear that type of armor can wear the other set that it is paired with.

As a caster there isn't much in the way of hoods as you have noticed, personally I have a bit of a passion for pirates, so you won't often see me in anything other than my tri-cornered hat.
  4. Mazame Augur

Plate
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Leather
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

As I understand that the Ssraeshzian Cloth Helm was intended for Cloth only users and was patch to address that issue. However what I was asking for was to ad more options to the our toons vs just Helms. Currently in EQ most of the "helm" people do not use they run around with /show helm off because they do not like the look of helms.

I like the look of hoods my self and would like to see more added to the game going forward. You can have plate hood or Leather hood that are only use able by those type of char. It doesn't have to be a one hood fits all types.

They could also add more types of head wear. a Crown, head-dresses. Adding more of what people want would get more people to turn /show helm back on rather then having the effort that put into the art work simple be turn off and unused.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am sure we can find pictures of all sorts of things. I think what it comes down to is if it was easy and cost effective for DB add more fashion choices they would.

I can find a bunch of pictures of monkey coders but it doesn't mean Daybreak should hire them :)
  6. Mazame Augur

Where I might be able to agree that being easy and cost effective could play a part in it. The fact that they already have the ornament in the game would mean the base coding is there. It should not be to hard to Change the color or copy then modify the current existing item. After all it not like they be starting from scratch to design and add in more hoods. Most Hero Forge set are just that a copy and past of another set with small changes made to make them look different.
    You also have the fact that the old cloth helm was use-able by all so the codes there for it to work on other set as well.

I am not asking to re invent the wheel. I would just like the new stuff coming out to have options. Maybe one year they do a helm, the next year they do a hood.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.