How do Shields work?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Groundskeeper, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Groundskeeper New Member

I recently looted a Giant Laceless Sandal and it fits in my shield slot, but I cannot use it as a shield when I try to bash. And none of the stats on it effect my character even though I can equip it just fine. I was reading shield AC might be in a different category of AC?!? But the -CHA and +STA don't show up at all. Maybe it's bugged. Or maybe I need shields explained...
  2. Groundskeeper New Member

Well it must not apply because I am a human. But I can still equip it...
  3. Eldrian Augur

Does the shield slot turn yellow when you have it equipped? You can equip items that you cant use but when you do you get no benefits from them, stats or AC. The item slot will turn yellow if you have an item equipped that you can not use. Also not all offhand items are shields, some are just secondary slot items and just basically stat sticks. A quick way to tell if an item is a shield or just secondary is look and see if it has a slot for graphic aug, usually if it has no type 20 aug slot then it is just a secondary slot item and not a shield.
    Groundskeeper likes this.
  4. Eldrian Augur

Giant Laceless Sandal

Lucy's Entry

PLACEABLE QUEST ITEM
    Slot: SECONDARY
    AC: 15
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    STA: +5 CHA: -7
    WT: 5.0 Size: LARGE
    Class: WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU BRD ROG SHM
    Race: ELF HIE DEF DWF HFL GNM FRG
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
    Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
    Human would be your issue. You can equip it for graphic but get no benefit from it.
    Groundskeeper likes this.
  5. Groundskeeper New Member

Yes, I did not know you can equip for graphics only. Thanks.