Cleric leveling on live

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Everdork99, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

How do clerics do with Moloing with Mercs these days?
    the tank mercs any better or after like 70 do people still change to a healer or dps merc?
    I got the hankering to play a cleric up on live but honestly it just seems too painful.

My hope if you guys tell me things are better now and you can solo right up healing and fighting alongside your tank merc. Now THAT does sound fun to me.

I know I could just go make a toon on the new TLP but I'm getting a little tired of the endless TLP loop.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I don't recommend molo-leveling a cleric. There's just better games to play than that garbage.

I'd recommend either finding a player tank + dps to play regularly (scheduled or ad hoc) with or to create a boxed group.

Clerics and warriors do very well together. If you have the capability to add a bard you've got a solid boxed group.

Another option that's goofy but still faster would be to molo-level a better molo class like a mage/shadowknight/beastlord/necro and then use vitality to help level a cleric.
  3. Cadira Augur

Join a super casual guild on a busy server as a heroic. Someone will probably make room for you or take some time out to help you level up. It won't be long before you can make a serious difference in current day groups even if not max level.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Up until about level 60 or so, any class can molo with a tank merc...they chew through mobs faster than any player tank and require very little healing. After 60 or so, they start to suck and you'll want to get a real tank to group with.

You could also consider 2 boxing a cleric and tank with 2 dps mercs. A cleric/SK combo would be nice since you could also snare mobs with the SK to make things easier.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you gotta do it try to focus on zones with a lot of undead mobs, but you're better off finding at least 1 other player to do stuff with.
  6. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Also, the healing from the cleric won't be as heavy of a task, because of the SK life taps. I will say this, the merc on my Shaman doesn't suck at lvl 111, but he also has 585 AA assigned to him. lol
  7. Kiaro Augur

They start to "suck" at 60 because they can't solo 5 mobs at once any longer, they require healing........
    He's a cleric.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

I was speaking of merc tanks generally. Shockingly, not everyone wants to play a cleric.