Removing all access days left from inventory

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Palladine, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Palladine New Member

What an absolute huge annoyance this is going to be for multiboxers who pay for subs with krono...

Also a huge annoyance for any single boxer who pays with krono and accidentally lapses.. now you have to pay a cash sub in this case.
    Dazinth likes this.
  2. Yvix New Member

Or you just log on a FTP server and consume a krono.
    Pumpernickel, CokaSZ, c313 and 4 others like this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, if you let your krono sub expire you arent forced to pay cash. It's tedious and annoying (maybe now we can get a consume krono from server select option?!). Log into any live server and roll a toon then click your krono and log out. Cumbersome and annoying. But Doable.
    TrollMan likes this.
  4. TrollMan Elder

Wouldn't EQ prefer Krono sub over cash anyway? Krono is $17 with the best deal.
  5. ChipBoundary New Member

Finding out your sub time left is still available in the game. Open the DB store, you can see it in there. Stop being lazy, there's a legitimate reason for removing it.
  6. phattoni Augur

this thing was never accurate for me, it would read 0 days remaining for days at a time, yet i couldnt charge my account for more active time. my account was active, it was just saying 0 days for a while for some reason.

i find the claim window for the DBC much more accurate since it shows the day and time my account will expire or a rough estimate within a few hours of when i should renew.
    klanderso and Barton like this.
  7. c313 Augur

Or just or

You can use what god gave you and know exactly when you subbed 31 days ago
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

What's the legitimate reason?
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. phattoni Augur

it was wrong all the time, and was not an accurate reflection of time left on account(rarely if ever).

peoples accounts would read 0 days remaining, yet they couldn't sub because the account was actually still active.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

They discussed it a bit in the discord sec let me copy pasta.... Ok think I got most of the relevant parts discord search can be a bit wonky. There were a few more comments but I think this was the main bits.

Discord:
    "klandersoToday at 1:11 PM
    because the thing was pulling from awkward data and it wasn't an easy fix to make it less awkward

klandersoToday at 1:13 PM
    there were two options: 1) redo a bunch of the backend, to the point where we were almost certainly going to break other things, or 2) remove the UI element and have people look at the one true spot on the website

klandersoToday at 1:16 PM
    it had a 50/50 chance of displaying the wrong time left when you consumed a krono, leading people to believe that the krono they consumed did not work. removing the UI element was the best way to fix it without a major rework

PipToday at 1:16 PM
    more like "it sucks that we had to go with that fix but due to resources/otherstuff, we cant realistically just fix it normal. That and having 2 spots for people to check that can cause a bunch of confusion if the certain circumstances were set.

klandersoToday at 1:36 PM
    50/50 was generous :p

dreamweaverToday at 1:37 PM
    Yeah likely closer to 90/10"
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're gonna bring her into it then she would want us to log out and never come back.
  12. KimchiGoddess Augur

Ahhh thank you, I just woke up and saw everyone being angry on the forums that it was removed and wasn't sure why. I have my accounts on rolling multi-month subs so I never really used it anyway.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

I had this happen to me. Consumed a krono and the time changed then it went back to my old time. Made a petition and then like 2 hours later it changed back.
  14. Gauu New Member

I haven't bothered to post on the forums complaining about anything in 20 years...but here i am...this is....** one of the worst ideas ** you guys implemented...and why? to probably avoid 2 strings of bad code interaction instead of address the root problem ? .... who okayed this crap at the meeting ? seriously , did you sneak this one past? I think you are being tricked and should go re-check. Something tells me communication between internal departments fell apart . Do yourself a favor, buy a box of doughnuts and have a staff meeting please...
  15. Tappin Augur

Why can we not have the same date listed on the website added to the inventory screen with a small note to relog if time has elapsed? Seems to me like they don't want me to know when my account expires.
  16. Mercanyin Augur

Waaaa

What else ya got?
  17. Bard2019 Elder

So clearly the way to fix something that is not working correctly is to remove it entirely rather than, you know... just fixing it. Quick fix path of least effort and all that - has been this game developers way for many years, unfortunately.
  18. Corydon Augur

That should actually be enough to shut down the whiners. But what do I know...

Thanks for sharing!
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Like offering server swaps instead of fixing stability issues?
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am just going to put this out there and I have verified it on all my paying accounts:

If you bring up the marketplace in game then where it shows "your reward expires" - that is your next bill date. You are awarded 500 dbc on your bill date. Go ahead and compare it to what it shows in account management instead of arguing with me here.

So there is that way that may be easier for some.
    Barton and KimchiGoddess like this.