Overseers and Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by seaninsa, Jul 15, 2020.

1. seaninsa Journeyman

I did 4 quests to get the one piece I needed for a collectible. I got the piece but I found it very difficult to get the actual collectible. It kept taking me to different inspect screens. Not sure if others find getting collectibles through Overseers and redeeming as cumbersome as I did.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So here's the deal - I posted a walk thru listing the steps and Ngreth posted this response:

While there will still be many steps, we are looking at a method to at least let you stay in the reward window until you get the final item, then you will still need to click the collection item once you get it.

I.E. remove step 7,8, 10. Or otherwise phrased remove the sub-items and start with fragments that turn into dispensers that when you go through the steps gets a collection item. Still lots of steps, but less silly items in the middle.

There is no ETA at this time. We need a code change which is a bit backloged.
    Adam "Ngreth" Bell
    Senior Designer, EverQuest
    Ngreth Thergn, Jun 1, 2020 Report

#1 complete quest and choose collection as reward from the base quest reward screen. This puts a little blue sparkly geode looking thing called "Overseer collection item dispenser fragment " on your cursor to put in your inventory. These can stack.

#3 You need 4 of them to make the final collection reward. Right click on the little geodes and it will eat 4 and give you an Overseer Collection Item Dispenser. This looks like a basket of little colored balls.

#4 Hold down right mouse button on basket and a item screen pops up. On this screen you need to click the button by the green "claim reward: and then in purple it says "Overseer Collection Item"

#5 Now the base quest reward screen pops up again and it will have a list of the expansions to choose from or an option to go back to the basket This screen will also now have the "preview" "inspect" and "select option" in bottom right corner.

#6 Choose which expansion you want. Once highlighted then in bottom right click "select option"

#7 Now you are given an item that represents that particular expansion and this pops into your inventory. For example "TDS" is a painting looking thing.

#8 Find it in your inventory and then Right Click/hold item and you again are at a base quest reward screen. Now click the claim reward square. This puts another list of the collection categorys in that expansion on your base reward screen.

#9 Select the achievement your collect is in. For example the TDS one might be "caverns of endless song" and then click "select option" in bottom right. This puts another item in your inventory - in this case a shell looking thing.

#10 This item is the lead item to the sub items for your collection. So once again right click/hold and base quest reward screen pops up again.

#11 Click claim reward and the final screen pops up with all the collects for each category in that line. Note even at this point you can select return to first Overseer Collection item or the main category of the ach arc for this item.

#12 Now when you click on the item you want and then select option it will pop that shiney in your inventory. Done??

#13 No there is more! Now right click that item to "collect' it and have it count towards the ach.

I know this is long but it is very convoluted and I think many others besides yourself are frustrated with the constant collect, reward screen, collect, click etc

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/overseer-collection-item-dispenser.263988/
    Grove and Fenthen like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Wait, where did #2 go?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

HA HA! You win an all expense paid trip to the House of Thule where you can see spiders and robots and fake doors!:D

You are the only one who noticed. Just goes to show the majority of people seldom read the entire post. I suspected this when people who post the same reply I had posted right below mine. :confused:
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The patch notes mention "speculative" fixes and other hardware related optimizations. We should fully expect the servers to be brought down at least once, if not several times, for emergency updates due to unexpected issues. Hopefully we'll be stable by this weekend.
  6. seaninsa Journeyman

So I guess I am not the only one frustrated by the whole process.
  7. Crystilla Augur

If you don't know this, here's a tip. I am now done with all collectibles I can obtain through Overseer so had some experience with this. I tend to stack items up so I have multiples. Once you do the inspect option, you can keep clicking "claim reward" on that single 'inspect'. So for example if you have 5 of those to claim, you can click it five times. It will stack and give you 5 of the next thing you have to "inspect". Rinse, repeat.

Basically you only have to run this this crazy (select expansion, select zone, select collectible) option once in total in terms of loading up 'inspect' for each of those.
    Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

the #2 ran away with the spoon!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. seaninsa Journeyman

So was anything really fixed today with regards to Overseers and collectibles?
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

What is the problem with collectibles?
  11. seaninsa Journeyman

The issue was just how you get it as discussed at the top of the thread.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...I thought maybe you were talking about some new bug I wasn't aware of.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No he said they are looking at it but nothing was happening today on it.

"There is no ETA at this time. We need a code change which is a bit backloged."
    Adam "Ngreth" Bell
    Skuz and seaninsa like this.
  14. Annastasya Augur

Well, i mean, it's WAY less frustrating than going to whatever zone to hunt shinies, or paying through the nose in the bazaar. So, there's that.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Come on I am a troll and I figured it out, its not that hard. A few more clicks yeah so there is that. I would like to see you make it so ones you already have collected are not even a choice. I have tried to be careful so not sure if you can get ones you already have but it looks like you can, they are there on the list.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I do wish we could convert multiple overseer tokens to specific expansion or specific zone tokens at the same time. It is annoying you are limited by 10 task windows.

Would be nice if you could convert 20 of them to a single expansion or zone in one click.
    dreadlord likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We figured that the "tree" method we are using for this, while not ideal, is better than just a list of 200+ items to scroll through.
    Especially when sorting is also not working...

And even when sorting works, its not automatic but a manual process, so the maintenance of the system when we add new collectibles to it, to "insert" new collectibles would be a nightmare.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

At least you only have to open up one 'inspect' (and then just click that reward button 10 times) versus having to "inspect" 10 different collection items just to get them to give you the expansion option.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I tend to do them by set so I do upto 8 at a time, depending on how many I'm missing from a set.

I just wish I could set the size of the reward window, so I could see the name of the item not just the title of the collectable group and have to resize it every time!
    Crystilla likes this.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

Could the final collectable be heirloom? Miss-clicked a few times and stuck with collects my main can't use.