Drowning in TOV loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

Pretty sure the devs had just finished watching this scene when they agreed on the loot format for TOV.

2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, at least your second alts won't feel so ignored & the guild trib bank should be nicely stocked :)

Could always just invite randos into your raid for sh**s & giggles & gear them up too.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

The idea of the month.
  4. svann Augur

This will incentivize people to buy more alt slots so they can use that extra loot!
  5. Maedhros High King

Actual footage of every raider queueing up for alt loot right now.

6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is an appropriate use of CIHYS?
    Winnowyl, Skuz and Nennius like this.
  7. Cadira Augur

All the raid loot is dumb. Please do not use this format going forward. I'd love to hear a dev explain why they made this design decision.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

The extra great is great. It gives you a reason to loot duplicates and fuse them to max out your luck.
    Hellowhatsyourname, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  9. Pawtato Augur

Why complain? Are you raiding for fun or for loot?
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Cadira Augur

I'm raiding for both. It's not fun to spend twice the time giving out loot to fifth string alts. The only loot that matters to mains is nuggets and they could have "just" doubled the nugget drops instead of everything like they did last year.

But that's just like, my opinion, dude.
  11. Cicelee Augur

All those guilds back in December and January that were split raiding TOV for more loot for mains and alts are wishing now they did not have to spend that time doing that...
    Hellowhatsyourname, Yinla and Raccoo like this.
  12. German Augur

Raiding two whole nights a week versus one is not really "spending time" we're gonna regret. 6 hours a week for 18 chests for 108 raiding characters. It's been horrible let me tell you I don't know how we've manage.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Wasn't trying to disrespect. Just that if guilds back then knew what the situation was like now, I wonder if they would have still spent the time to split raid in December and January.
  14. Pawtato Augur

The guilds that split raid were doing it to get an edge for world first. They’re going to do it again for the next expansion, which means they’ll have more geared and raid ready alternate characters. It’s a win-win for them.
  15. German Augur

We did it out of sheer boredom and to have a challenge. Many of the raid alts were in group gear or very old raid gear and classes most had not raided in before and were drastic shifts from our raiding characters. It put a lot of interesting perspective in the game. I dont regret it however I still feel like its overboard on the chests. The runes are the only thing I kind of agree with since they are not on the vendor, but as it stands an eval can get fully T1 geared with spells in one tier, maybe two. That is a bit too quick.
  16. Sancus Augur

Unequivocally. There was no question in anyone's minds (at least in RoI) that we'd finish gearing far before the next expansion, just like we do every year. Oodles of gear dropping in June wouldn't have helped us at all with T2/T3, though. Not that gear is a significant differentiator, but spending two hours instead of one clearing T1 (there were no other ToV raids to do) was not a significant cost.

I am concerned that the quantity of gear, combined with the quantity of currency, combined with the unprecedented accessibility of the raids will create a longer and less rewarding farm period than most guilds are used to. I do also think being able to acquire the equivalent of six events worth of T1 + TS loot by doing three raids that we were doing with <30 in January is probably not the healthiest thing from a character/guild progression standpoint.

I'm not knocking accessible raids (especially in T1), but I think the combination of this expansion's raid tuning and loot drop rates probably has caused the pendulum to swing too far in the opposite direction.
    Zarzac, Kontra, Aldren and 8 others like this.
  17. German Augur

I don't really think it made a difference with this expansion, perhaps the next one it might. Everyone I know did it because three raids done in half a night including loot each week was not enough stuff to do. Now that its summer with 9 raids and an already inflated amount of coin, getting the inflated chest drops just seems like too much. Even on open raids people are dusting off old alts and beating T3 content.
  18. Endorek Lorekeeper

In all my years of EQ, I've seen people complain about a LOT of stupid things, but even I didn't have "too much loot, takes too long to distribute" on my bingo card.

Not every guild is done with ToV or capable of fully clearing it, this is one way to help smooth the gap between haves and have nots, is the real problem how long your loot distribution is taking, or is it that people you don't think of deserving nice things are getting stuff?
    Metanis and Zynrael like this.
  19. German Augur

Very well said. I remember the discussion last year about how too easy to too hard hurt the more casual raiding guilds. I'm concerned its going to do the same thing again. Sancus's post is spot on though in every sense. This was just too easy, people were beating the content first try in beat with TBL gear on without beta buffing. That was a red flag right there.
  20. German Augur

I think its great to balance the scales in gear but as you just pointed out - if guilds arent clearing it all right now with the speed in which gear comes in its going to be a shock in the next expansion. TBL is still harder than this expansion just from a mechanics perspective.