To create a level playing field...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zanarnar, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Zanarnar Augur

can we get a list of which rules DPG is enforcing and which ones they are not? Its pretty clear things like M Q 2 and Show EQ and various other cheating tools are being used... and not just by a few people.

The problem arises when someone new to these tools tries to use them "because why not everyone else is" they make mistakes and they are the ones caught.

So how about lets just finally come clean and be honest DPG with what you can and will enforce, and what you no longer are so everyone playing can have access to the same tools if they choose. (I only really care about DPG employees replying, I'm not going to debate anyone on the merits of using "cheat" programs like that.)

If your just going to reply and point me to the ToS, don't bother. Its clear to anyone with two eyes that you cannot enforce all of that. If you could, you would have done so years ago. So again, lets be honest and create a level field for all your players.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Tacit

Adjective

(en adjective)
    • Expressed in silence; implied, but not made explicit; silent.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  3. Lionari Elder

lmao imagine still not getting it after this many years
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  4. TheChosenOne Augur

Yea, they are never going to officially endorse any 3rd party programs haha...

Don't ask, don't tell
  5. Protagonist Tank

This is a lot of words for telling people you're not able to understand non-verbal social cues.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

It's rather simple:

DPG enforces easily verifiable behavior violations.

This is why the dudes running unprovable bots that can notify them of GM AFK checks can get you banned when you try to train them, because they are also running some form of shadowplay-like software and have a system to send video evidence to GMs.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

There is never a leveling playing field. You either play by the rules or cheat. If you cheat and get caught that's on you.

What I'd like to see is much more harsh punishment for cheating.

People that run cheat software are not undetectable or unprovable.

These people are easily detect and dealt with, but the problem lies with keeping them off the servers thereafter. Remember since credit cards are not required to play on progression servers, it only takes a krono and a couple of days to get that account back up to speed. In which the cat & mouse game begins. Darkpaw doesn't want to manually deal with this brute force cheating by chasing them around and instead they will silently sweep them under the rug as reported.
  8. Febb Augur

To create a level playing field, you'll need a excavator and a bulldozer. GPS equipment is very handy as well to making land flat.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're better off arguing for gm presence in pantheon at this point.