Any chances that we'll get more old world hunters? (GoD to SoF)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, May 7, 2018.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Rage does seem to be a common theme at times.
  2. Zarzac Augur

Not really rage, but I wouldn't like if this got added. What is the point in giving a current level reward for just sinking 20 to hundreds of hours into just being there when the right old world mob spawns?

It would literally be an achievement for showing up. I think we have enough of those already.

Now if you wanted to put it in for TLP people and give rewards appropriate for the expansion, that would be fine. I think there are other things that DEVs could spend time on however that would add more value.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Expansion themed illusions would make neat rewards for Hunter. Like if you did all of Gates you get one that makes you randomly Mastruq, Kyv, or Huval. Complete Omens and get one that is randomly Pyrilean, Gelidrean, or Lightning Warrior.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd prefer illusions to ports, but part of the issue with adding achievments to old content is the bottle necks caused by everyone wanting to kill them and killing in zones that up and coming chars want to level in, especially if these zones are hot zones.

For most of last year leveling up in Plane of Power zones was never going to happen due to the world and his wife doing Hunter Achievements for TBL evolving items and keeping most zones NPC free.
  5. Ranonman Elder

Hurry before pitchfork mob comes back here. :p
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The basic jist is "Don't require me to do hunter achievements" With the jist that if there is a reward, we are REQUIRING that you do hunter achievements.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

If you do happen to go back and do old hunters, be sure the OoW instance rares are optional. Since there are rares that only spawn in low level versions of them, like Ukun Feralclaw in the 53-57 Dranik Hollows, short of using shrouds to circumvent things it isn't possible to get them.
  8. Nniki Augur

Hero's Journey results in multiple rewards yet the majority of people opt not to complete it. I'm sure people will get over any rewards you decide to add to hunter as long as they don't provide must-have utility, which I'm sure would be unlikely anyway.

But personally, I'm okay with some master achievement that incorporates as many ridiculous things as possible with an over-the-top reward just so we can see some true suffering around here.
    Jumbur likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

Which is exactly why it will be required for some evolving item in the future!!
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Lets hope they raise the skill-cap on begging to 10000... :p

J/K
  11. Natal Augur

Will EQ logic be at play, ie a 10% chance is 1 in 10000? :)
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

With a further diminishing of any possible reward from the act of begging to zero long before capping out. in addition, maxing out begging to 10k would result in a permanent reduction in the wisdom/intelligence cap for any character with enough time to waste to cap begging. Call the achievement something like WTH Were You Thinking.
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. Kragin011 New Member

This would be nice yes
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I know people who have taken 2 weeks to find 1 named playing pretty much all waking hours of the day.

I'd support a reward like an ornament. But anything that gives actual character power I would be upset over.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Szilent like this.
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

CrazyLarth likes this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Don't let a vocal minority ruin it for the silent majority.

Yes, I had some complaints. Including PoP hunter in the TBL evolvers was not good. Grey cons should not have anything to do with current gear. I also felt that the ACH requirement should have been between ranks 2 and 3 instead of ranks 1 and 2. That doesn't mean that the items and their related ACH were bad.

PoP flagging for the TS aug makes sense because PoP flagging was current when the TS aug was current. Not the case for TBL evolvers.
    Froglok likes this.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

Huh? PoP was nearly 15 years prior to the TS augment. What are you calling current?
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Froglok Augur

This doesn't have to be a massive undertaking!

They don't all have to be added at the same time!
    I like achievements.

I am of the camp that Achievements should be worked on / added to with every patch. Add one or more new achievements from some past expansion that is missing, such as Hunters.

For us decades long players, they are, for the most part, are the t-shirt (the proof, been there done that).

It also gives us something to pursue on the side or when looking for something to pursue (old content or not -- I like doing old content I missed). Not to mention an aid in tracking progress (i.e. progression) and often, some nice rewards (clicks, ports, mounts, bags, Special AA's....).

In fact, such new achievements may revitalize doing some older raids many of us never got to do, but are still impossible to do solo or with just 1 group or so, due mechanics, and so forth.

I also believe the Hero's Journey Category needs to split up into the applicable expansions. It looks like this category was added as a shortcut / by-pass (I believe at the time, the applicable expansions were not a category yet?).

There are also a load of "logical" achievement sets that have been overlooked and are missing (shrouds and maxing them out, for instance).

Granted, rewards for the older achievements, other than the standard Achievement Points, might seem tricky to come up with. For instance, Hunters bags for older content would necessarily need to be smaller than for newer content... which, in turn, would make them useless to most players, except as maybe a heirloom hand-me-downs to alts.

Instead of bags... the Achievement Points, an expansion-related title / suffix and some Regular / AA XP would be nice, even if nothing else.

However, other considerations might also be for some progressive item, like a Hunter Trophy for your house that gets better -- or adds a level -- with every expansion you have Hunters Done for? Other ideas would be a mount logically related to one of the Hunter bosses, a familiar of the expansion final boss, an illusion of the expansion final boss and / or a unique portal item (placeable that can also be used from inventory) to shortcut zone travel a bit on the related expansion.
  19. Froglok Augur

Replace "achievements" with "quests" -- and well, it is called EVER Quest and achievements are just another type of quest. To get the reward(s), one must do the quest(s). It would not be EVER Quest, otherwise.

This game is so huge, you have tons of options.

If you are referring to the recent addition of Achievements related to progressive items / quests... I am actually a fan of that idea. However, to vary up this idea a bit, maybe next expansion the connection will simply be to your accumulated Achievement Points (as in, "you must have X Total Achievement Points"), rather than specific achievement lines.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please don't do this, this path is and I believe was created to be a guide to where and what players can do at those levels. Without it players get overwhelemed with how many zones there are and really do not know where they can go and what they can do

Hero's Journey nicely brings them as far as House of Thule and from there you pretty much will want to follow each and every expansion for various reasons, from the aug quest in Pillars (VoA), to the extra Heroic AAs that start in CotF that continue to current content.

During lockdown I have got my daughter playing EQ and she is excited everytime something new shows up on the Hero's Journey that she can do. Unlike the expansion achievments Heros Journey only shows you what is relevent for your level, points you to quests for getting gear and toys appropriate for your level. It is the perfect way to stop players getting overwhelemed with how much there is to do, by only giving you small chunks at a time.
  21. Froglok Augur

I hear what you are saying, but it still is not consistent with all the other achievements, as they are not attached to the expansion they apply to.

Other than being put under a single heading, they really have no relation to each other, imo.

Do TSS and follow that expansion. Do SoF and follow that expansion. Ditto for TBS and SoD. They do not intertwine, just because they have been thrown together under one hodgepodge heading.

To me, they are actually more confusing than helpful, for that reason.

For instance, you may wonder where you may have left off with "X": related to TBS, and you then have to dig thru and sort thru all the combined Hero's Journey 4-Expansions worth of Achievements to try and determine the answer.

It is was under TBS where it belongs, this would be far easier to figure out, as it is not mixed in with the 3 other expansions of achievements.

This is all I am suggesting. Zero changes, otherwise (putting them in the right expansions would not change how you get them, what they are called or anything else. They would still note character levels, award armor and so forth, as they do now).

It would simply put them where they should have been to start with.