Unjustified suspension

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matt L, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Matt L New Member

This happened a couple hours ago. I 2 box on Aradune. What I like to do, like many other people, is to camp a mob on 1 character and to sit with another character either in tunnels trading or leveling an alt. Today I had 1 character farming a 16.5 minute spawn rare spawn during the 76% bonus and my other char was looking at sales and what not in commonlands. We are allowed to 2 box therefore I'm assuming we are allowed to remove our eyes from 1 monitor to the next? The mob I'm farming is Garanel in unrest. Nice, easy, nothing crazy or extremely lucrative and many picks as to not bother groups. Now to the moment of suspension. I've just killed Garanel. I did not let my pet solo him, I'm not flagged afk. I can hear when he spawns and punches me and that's my que to hit him with some spells. So I killed him and started looking at my 2nd box. I look back and had a tell from a GM. I start to read the GM's message and the screen goes black and I'm suspended for "cheating". A few things here. Why was I suspended so quickly? Not 2 minutes could have passed with out me responding. Secondly, the GM must have not even watched me kill Garanel? Hiding invis or whatever they do. I'm wondering why wait until in between kills to message me? I can't look away in between kills on a 16.5 minute spawn? I am 2 boxing after all. Why wouldn't he message me while I'm fighting the mob and casting spells on him. That way he could say he was trying to contact me while watching me cast spells and when I didn't respond he had evidence to think I may have been using a 3rd party program. I can't even log into my other account to post here or to post a petition. I'm using my 2nd account to do both. With the way things are going lately I don't think I'm going to get a response and have to sit out for the 7 day suspension. It sucks because these forums are full of people complaining about the same 2 necros poop socking Efreeti or Frenzy and little ol me is the one who doesn't respond while not in combat for just a couple mins is the one who gets the shaft. It really just doesn't make sense.

I don't have picture evidence to submit as I kicked with short notice. I do know there was like a half elf ranger or something running around near by. I know the last Garanel kill I had I used E bolt, life tap and I jumped to cancel a cast. If they looked at logs or anything they would not see routine behavior. I made the inputs. I know that the GM sent me a tell when I was standing still not in combat. I know this because I'm looking at my screen and playing when I'm in combat. How many GMs are there really? I'm hoping that specific GM sees this and can confirm and reason with me. I'm doubtful though.

TL DR
    I was standing still waiting for a 16.5 minute spawn was using my 2nd box. A GM messaged me to see if I was a bot? Messaged me in between kills though when it's a perfect time to look away as I have to wait 16.5 minutes... Busy in the EC tunnels on my 2nd box while waiting for the next spawn. I look back to see the GMs message but am kicked before I can reply. It couldn't have been more than a 2 minute window or so to reply which seems uncool seeing as I was standing still out of combat.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Hi, posting a wall of text to the support forums likely won't help you, you'll need to open a ticket if you want to appeal it. All we can do is try to explain where you may have accidentally broken the rules (from my interpretation of the rules, not DBGs). But let's talk through the rules and your explanation.

Rules:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-

It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK.

If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

Aradune is a Truebox server meaning you were on more than one PC, correct? So while its true you had your trader attended, you acknowledge in your post that you weren't persistently monitoring the toon in Unrest's PC for extended periods of time but rather waiting until you heard the mob attack you, at which point you would
    return to that computer. DBG in the policy makes it very clear "a few seconds". Unfortunately, it's technically a separate PC and I think that's where they can cite you for unattended gameplay, especially given youR post is indicating you weren't watching the PC for extended periods, opposed to just a few seconds.

At the very least we can all view this as a teachable moment.

Good luck!
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you had logging on you can check your logs for when the GM sent you a tell.

I expect you will find your estimation of the time they waited was longer than you think.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Wow, I'm glad you pointed that out, Skuz. This post caused me to realize I haven't had logging on my new PC, weeks' of lost data :eek:
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hehe, Timestamps on & logging on always for me, so many times I had to rely on them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not only do timestamps help in petitions or issues but they really help make you not look stupid by asking to join that TA from an hour ago or trying to buy something offered long ago in chat!:)
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Matt L New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I had also filed a ticket. I'm going to turn on logging. Thanks for that. I came back to say they reviewed my case and they unsuspended me. Feels good they didn't ignore me. I'm thankful. Also that is for the post about the rules. Now I know.
    Xyphen, Yinla, Thunderkiks and 3 others like this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Hurray, that's good to hear! (You have to excuse my post, I'm a pessimist.)
    Matt L and Skuz like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow! Gratz on the fast response.:D
    Matt L likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

The % of the population that is playing exactly as you described is pretty huge. Kill named/PH, set timer, come back in N minutes and kill PH.

Expecting people to respond to tells or log out during those periods is ridiculous.
    Xyphen and Matt L like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

If they are a monk who's FD while they wait they won't be bothered. If you have a pet out and you're not responding it'll go badly for you.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Matt L New Member

It was informative and I'll keep that info forever. Thank you. I'm also a pessimist.
  13. Matt L New Member

Thank you! I agree. If you want to do some sort of sting operation, message me while you see me killing the mob. If I don't reply, there is no excuse. Don't message me while I'm standing still waiting, lol.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would definitely set up in game audio triggers or use GINA so you know whenever you get a tell. Set it to detect "tells you" is what I do. I run a guild so never want to miss tells and this works well for me.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have 2 set up one for tells you and one for told you.

I occasionally have a char sat afk in the guild hall and one I'm activly playing with in a zone, almost always they send tells to the one afk in the guild hall. :rolleyes: ATs come in very handy.
  16. Wonderer New Member

This is ridiculous. . . you're literally suggesting to use a 3rd party application in order to avoid suspension, lmao. Aren't 3rd party applications *also* against ToS somehow? This entire scenario is ridiculous. I can't move my characters to a safe spot every time I need to answer the door, phone, or use the restroom. The GM answer to this ticket above is flat out dumb in my opinion.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No GINA has never been against the rules. And I also suggested that the in game audio triggers could be used.

I find the GMs response reasonable there will sometimes be false positives but overall reducing afk play is a good thing.

And 90% of the time without moving you can ensure you won't be afk killing. Simple invis or invis undead generally does this. And unless you have problems going to the bathroom you are unlikely to be gone long enough. Most mobs don't respawn in a 3 or 4 minutes.

The fact is that is isn't a bid deal to avoid afk killng in most cases. It just isn't.
  18. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Hi, posting a wall of text to the support the ToS / EULA likely won't help you, you'll need to actually meet with a GM / dev in person if you want to lay prostrate before them. All we can do is try to explain where you may have accidentally misunderstood a basic sentence (from my interpretation of the rules, not yours). But let's talk through the rules and your explanation.

Rules:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-

If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

You posted both of these, and made one red. But they are linked. The red isn't standalone text, and you ignored the premise of the first part. What was that again?

The part you marked in red reads like a suggestion to remedy problems caused by the first line. The thread author was apparently not playing unattended, or AFK. This is supported by his suspension being reversed. You were wrong. Thanks for playing.

Ironic that you're the one that ended up learning something ;)

Stay safe out there!
  19. haaaalp Augur

Actually read the EULA before posting, please. You're wrong. Thanks for wasting time and making an account 2 days ago just to look silly!
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

See this is a serious issue.

Player support is just failing.

IF I have a phone call I will walk away from the game, hit invis and leave my character standing right where it is. I don't expect to be banned for that. ( A Mage with pet auto killing when attacked it's master.. BAN ) My character is still in the zone, it still causes lag if it is on the side of a hill or at a mob spawn point. REAL LIFE makes money to pay to play.

Another thing, I also have sound off, but I have notifications on for " tells you, "
    GM Notindagame tells you,

You won't get the proper answer until you are out of your ban and petition with that character.

Let us know what the reason was when you get the proper answer and be cool...don't be nasty in your petition.

Wouldn't want people being suspended for checking out allakhazam or eqresources @@