Account to Account

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dibab, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Dibab Augur

will account to account transfers ever make a comeback because the DBG FAQ's simply states

?Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change. We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.?

and its said that for who knows how long. So any ETA since we are well past a "couple months". Just curious if this is done for good or what? Especially since it was once a thing.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No ETA

No current plan to make it available that has been shared with anyone.

Take it as written that until further notice this feature is not available & will not be available any time soon, it might never be available again.
    Leerah, Dibab and Dythan like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

I wouldn't count on Account to Account transfers ever again .. DPG makes more money with people creating new accounts and making new toons and buying heroics ..
    Tegila and Dibab like this.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

we beating on this dead horse yet again?
    Tarvas likes this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The horse's corpse has already decayed....but would have loved this feature to have returned a couple of years ago. Today it's too late.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  6. Dibab Augur

well i've been gone for 4 years so to me its not a dead horse but thanks for the useless response
    Leerah, Tegila, lockjaws and 3 others like this.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

lol useless? this was a dead horse 4 years ago friend, nothing has changed and if you have read at all, the response is not so useless. But hey have a good day oh charming one.
  8. Kelset Elder

Even if it's beating the ghost of a dead horse, I don't mind it being brought up again. I'd pay for the transfer and the new account so I don't think the economics of the actual transfer are the issue. Just guessing it's the developer time to rewrite the scripts and the customer service issues related to fraudulent or 3rd party transfers that prevent it from getting done. Whatever the reason, bringing it up every once in awhile doesn't hurt anything.
    Leerah and lockjaws like this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

Could be, although they waste their time with stuff like Luck stat items and Overseer which nobody wanted at the time .. However its probably more so that DPG makes more money not having said transfers available just guessing though ..it makes more sense jmho ..
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

At this point in time there would be so much backed up demand for Account to Account (A2A) the backlog would likely take 6 months or more for 1 or 2 people to accomplish. All the while listening to people bemoan where is my transfer? I demand you fools to fulfill my request now so I can raid tomorrow, etc.

You can just hear the unholy choir of complaints from the depths of support Hell coming to you ears if and when Darkpaw ever lets this genie loose on Norrath.

Good luck! Perhaps the people who want this bad enough volunteer a few weeks to being trained on accomplishing the task and fulfilling the requests themselves til the backlog is satisfied.

You know you want it bad enough...

- Coag
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes! Players with each other's account information, moving characters around. Why didn't they think of it?
    Marton and Nennius like this.
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

Oh but I did think of that since in RL I am a privacy expert among other SME type things. No worries, just stirring the pot a bit. I would of course make anyone with this type of access an employee with a California NDA and lots of opportunity to screw themselves into a legal hole in the ground for misconduct but those things are trivial to the price of this wish to be granted.

- Coag
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Pawtato Augur

1). You can’t sell heroic characters on TLPs.
    2). The all-in cost for an account to account transfer was around $100. $50 for the transfer, $35 for the newest expansion, $15 monthly subscription.

So, DPG is looking at $100 versus $35 for a heroic character that could’ve been bought for free with Darkpaw Dollars.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I still get my royalty checks from daybreak, does that count?

I volunteer to move any MS characters that need it. ;)
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am intrigued by this comment. Enlightenment is kindly requested.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Player Studio
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. Froglok Augur

Recently there was a bug after a patch where characters became "unattached" to the accounts they belonged to. Happened to me. A Dev simply had to reconnect the character to the account and it took all of 5 minutes for my character to return after I messaged the Dev.

Then I thought... wait... wouldn't an account-to-account transfer be just this simple? Unattach it from the current account and then simply attach it to the other account?

Of course, there should be a level of verification, first, that both accounts belong to the same person. And maybe some conditions as well... such as no server change is included.

Lastly, jack up the cost to cover the Dev time.
    Yinla, Allayna and Dibab like this.