An idea how to revitalize lower end guilds raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Jul 6, 2020.

1. quseio Augur

Beyond the group tier could be a new tier it would be raid mobs but simpler raids like plane of hate used to be mostly single target emotes , no raid wiping stuff something even the most casual of family guilds could do, this new tier would be easier to make and tune than complicated events. .I think it would help low end guild move up to better more difficult raids Make the gear a bit better than group tier 2
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Enter ROS Talendor.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Enter all of Torment of Velious
    Coagagin, Bigstomp, Astral64 and 5 others like this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

ToV raids were all completed and tested thoroughly in Beta. We beat every single event in ToV in Beta...and many other guilds were in our situation as well. There wasn't either enough time or enough desire to use the information that was provided by numerous guilds on all the events. And if you look at the patch notes since raids have been in, every single one has fixes for various raids (and in the case of ToFS 1...every patch note has a change for that).

You wanting to add ANOTHER tier in the mix makes no sense in the current development cycle of EQ. Group play got *4* missions, and every single one is as close to a carbon copy of the raids as you can make. There's just no time on the schedule unless DPG makes a serious reallocation of resources for development of new content.

Also, slightly better than group t2 gear ... is group ts gear ... which is already available. With the recent doubling of ores in missions, it's also pretty darn easy to obtain a set.

Tier 1 ToV raids are about as simple as it can get in modern EQ. The reasons a family guild may not be able to do them has nothing to do with the raids. It's has to do with commitment to accomplish something ... 54ish folks being able to pick a time to all be in game. All willing to work on their characters outside of raid time, getting better augs, earning coin to buy type 5 augs, working old content to get hero aas, completing all their important aas in class, learning how to maximize what they do with their abilities, spells, discs, etc.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Duder Augur

I'm interested to know what about "raiding" interests you if you don't want to partake in or are unable to follow the simplest most forgiving of emotes in all of EverQuest history in the current ultra-casual-friendly expansion? Just some better loot? As Cragzop mentioned, there is T3 armor made with the ores looted from hero mission chests and named. Your request does indeed befuddle me.
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Cannikin Elder

Griklor and Restless Assault are among the simplest raids mechanically since GoD, or even arguably PoP 18 years ago. 90% of them is just hit the boss, kill some trash adds. The loot quality they drop is no different from the T2 or T3 raids.

Open raids on Xegony this year completed all 3 T1 raids in the first week, and even managed a T3 raid on the first try by the third week.

If you cannot complete these 2 raids, then maybe you need to be satisfied with group gear (which is better than raid gear 2 expansions ago, stat-wise).
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You can always go a few expansions back and raid the entry raids there(RoS and TBL). The HME is lower than group gear but heroics/AC are ok, and you get raid focus.

Stratos and gorowyn are both really simple mechanic-wise, and the level advantage is a great help(and you get tons of coin). :)

If you are brave, you can try great divide(in tov), it is a simple raid too(its kinda long though). Griklor is easy too.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

ToV is a gimme at the group/raid game, so you really couldn't do more to enable casual raid forces.

The biggest thing that DPG can do to improve the raid game is to create a hard mode for raids that would give superior loot and to have ToV T1-level difficulty for all the raids in an expansion. EQ suffers from a heavily bisected playerbase where the haves are much more powerful than the have-nots. Right now DPG is sort-of-kinda trying to create content balanced for both and it's the wrong strategy.
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The expansions these days are already pretty bloody small, we haven't had a Kunark sized expansion in ten years.

Creating a new tier of raids for casual guilds would take up resources required for the next expansion, so do you want to take the next expansion from 6 zones down to 1? I can't see anyone paying for that.

If your guild/raid needs easier content step an expansion back, it;s what all the guilds did in the past I recall being in a family guild during Luclin & when the high end guilds were smashing Vex Thal we were happily raiding Kael. I don;t see why you couldn't do something similar.

Fact is that the content being made is already severely limited in scale & scope, unless you have a humongous favour owed to you by Jeff Bezos that you wanna call in so he invests a few million into the game I think your idea is not gonna float not out of no desire to do it, just a lack of resource.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Zarzac Augur

Great idea.

In the most recent expansion this was already implemented with T1 raiding.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Here is an idea-

Lower end raid guilds need to take a look at themselves in the mirror, address what their issues are, and then correct said issues.

Another tier of gear will not fix and solve what is wrong with lower end guilds. Only they can
    Duder likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I see what the OP is getting at about I guess looking for a gentler gradient into the raiding side of things.

But the thing is there has to be a cut off at some point.

And I guess I would argue the previous expansions raids would be the gradual introduction part.

If EQ had a much larger budget and player base sure graded raids might be a good idea but with limited resources to create raids I don't think the Daybreak can take away resources from what they currently do for raiding to create an easier set of raids in addition to the raid content they already create.
    Skuz and lockjaws like this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Servant of the Sleeper has left the chat.
    lockjaws likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I've been wanting to roll and alt / random raid night on Griklor, since it's really not tough as long as people can follow two instructions: run under the aura when called, and if your HP is low then stay out of the AE.
    lockjaws likes this.
  15. roth Augur

You want to revitalize lower end guilds? You want DPG to do it?

Here’s an idea : draw new blood into the game.

People who want to raid, are pretty much already raiding. People who don’t, aren’t. You are not going to convince people who are not raiding to start raiding, not at this late a date. Instead, you need new blood entirely. People who are not turned off by the graphics, but are instead intrigued by (one of) the granddaddy MMO.

Unfortunately, most people who have been interested at some point have already played it. You ain’t drawing back people who quit for one reason or another. So them pickins are kinda slim.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I view ToV as the catch up expansion. If raiding guilds can't down at least 1 or 2 raids in ToV, it's time to re-evaluate the guild. Maybe you're still lacking numbers and a merge with another guild on the server is in order, maybe you have the numbers but players are failing emotes/not pulling their weight.

This is probably going to be the easiest expansion we've had for quite a while, take advantage of it. Next expansion will make this content even easier. The group game offers plenty of options to get geared up, farming even just a couple of the raids will provide a good boost in Raid Gear. The only hard part about ToV was the XP requirement from 110-115, AA's and gear flow like water.
    Zamiam and Yinla like this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Bring a few big tanks for the 'fancy' dervish.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

We do this weekly. You do need enough buy in (even the easy raids do depend on some dps) but it's not a big deal. Probably 50% of people are on alts. The other 50% are true casuals.
  19. Windance Augur

My pet peeve with regard to raid difficulty is the enrage timers.

They create a barrier that says you need ## number of players. If your raid force is not optimal due to the number of real players, average age and goodness, or whatever, its hard to beat those timers.

The COVID-19 lock down has been a blessing for us. Normally we'd be short 1-2 groups by now. Instead we actually have a wait list for the first time in years.
  20. Lianeb Augur

Do the T1 raids have enrage timers?
    Sancus likes this.