I want to start playing EQ Live....

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Everdork99, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

I want to start playing EQ Live as well as play on the TLP. The TLP is fun, but it seems to get less so once you hit max level and get raid gear. Well not less fun I guess but less amounts of fun. I went from playing long hours every day to a couple of hours a few times a week. I'm just not into alts that much.

Instead of just doing my normal thing of unsubbing from EQ and going off to play another game like EQ2 or WOW until the next TLP expansion unlocks or another TLP comes out I noticed something this time.

I'm not done with EQ. I was still having a ton of fun. I could make a alt I know but more fun to me is the idea of playing on live.

Basically live is a totally different game and while some of those differences might suck (No low/Mid level grouping) there is a LOT of content I have never played! (Never played past planes of power).

So this leads me to a question.

What server do I pick? I know everyone loves FV as it offers a huge exp bonus right? Also I think there is a gear change there so you can sell/buy gear after you are done with it? Even raid gear? So I bet THAT server is price HEAVY! (A con in my book as I will be untwinked and poor).

Does Live offer large guilds? I know grouping is dead for the lower 3/4ths of the game but do people still chat in guilds? What level does the grouping start? Is it all pugs or do you HAVE to have a guild in order to find that?

I really do not know these things. If I log on to Live and ask in game I get a lot of err Interesting responses(Hell no,don't play this! Run away now,stick to TLP's! Max levels don't even group).

So what say you guys?
  2. Tasi New Member

Find a different game to play
    Namde likes this.
  3. Itune1 New Member

Don't play on Aradune. They can't seem to figure out how to manage increased population during peaks hours. Currently trying to just login and keep getting disconnected.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Find a different thread to comment in
  5. Skaara New Member

My 2 copper pieces...

FV is great, the exp boost and no-trade mechanic make for a VERY appealing server. It does have a large population but like all live servers (as you pointed out) it is very top heavy. Grouping starts at 85+ as that is when you can group with max level (115). I wouldn't say grouping gets consistent until 105+ however.

One of the downsides to FV is you can't transfer your character off the server, which while not a huge knock, can be frustrating if you are trying to join a competitive raid guild. Cazic, Drinal, and Xegony are the top 3 if you are interested in raiding but they are also generally in the top end of population due to the raiding forces.

All live servers generally boast a family guild which does encourage grouping (Lions of the Heart on Xegony, Knights of Infinity on FV, etc.) and they are generally active. It is recommended to find a family guild and join it to help speed up the process.

When everything is said and done, it is 100% possible to level up on your own it will just be slower.
  6. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Do you plan to raid? And if so what kind of raiding do you want to participate in?

As of right now avoid FV. If for some reason you get the desire to play there you can always move your character to FV but you can never leave FV once your character is there (Big con)

Live probably has many guilds much larger than anything a TLP could boast. I don't know for sure because I avoid TLPs. There are many large casual and hardcore guilds. If your goal is to raid I would take a look at http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/ and find a guild that matches your availability times and wants the class you want to play. If you are going casual I would pick a high population server. Cazic, Xegony, Bristlebane, Bertox, are all decently populated. If you pick Bertox be aware that while it does have a high population it doesn't have a hardcore raiding guild.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I've always played on Live. I'm on Luclin. You should definitely at least try it. It will be hard for you from 1-100 to find groups, but you can molo, or you can free-to-play 1-2 boxes with mercs and you will do just fine.

Also remember you have access to DCUO. Not in the fantasy genre but it is an active MMO that is part of your EQ subscription.
    Celithan likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Were you not able to recover your account on FV with Karlat? That guy is level 85 at least. I believe you also have access to another character?

So just hop back in and play those guys.

Or pick any server, start in tutorial and see how the server looks.

Keep in mind if your on a F2P account you will miss any opportunities to group up that are posted in general chat. Only Silver and Paid can be in general
    Celithan likes this.
  9. Mercanyin Augur

My thoughts exactly, what a D
    Celithan likes this.
  10. Celithan New Member

I really like this idea....never commit to a first idea. I mean, the exp boost sounds wonderful, but I think what you're looking for is a fun community outside of the TLP server experience. Yes, I'm saying add another character to the block, but I really feel like you're needing to get a "feel" for the server before you commit to moving over. Make a ton of friends, then, when the time hits, you should move. Either way, you don't lose anything. All gains!
    Edit: removed duplicate quote
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Best advice: check out the guilds on Elitegamerlounge. See which one resonates with you and app to that guild. Large guilds have immeasurably more to offer you than just a guild tag. Stores of tradeskill mats, collections, armor and sage advice on just about every aspect of the game. Plus many of them raid, offering a path to further deepen and cultivate the relationships you've built with guild members.

Live is where it's at.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your Europen - Antonius Bayle
    US - Xegony, Bristlebane or Luclin

I believe all 4 servers have very good social guilds, make a char on the server that you fancy, chat with people and see what the players are like, if they are idiots try one of the others and join the server that suits you most. :)