What did they do to sit aggro?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mrjon3s, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Mrjon3s Augur

I am duoing and I pull a mob with a debuff and the mob runs in hits my sitting guy and then comes and attacks me.
  2. nagash101 Augur

dont sit down so soon. always been that way.
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

No my guy is already sitting when I pull the mob. Not even in combat with the mob,
  4. nagash101 Augur

strange. So you buff and then run off to pull a mob? Then when the mob gets to you it smacks your buffer? Are you hurt and casting a Regen or some buff that tics?
  5. Kiaro Augur

Your "debuff" is hitting the "Hatelist add" cap (at 1 probably) sitting is an inherent "come hit me" if the target is KOS the mob will go over and smack them once it enters their awareness. Try using an arrow, or another means of getting the mobs attention, THEN use whatever you're trying to establish aggro with. This way you won't be capped. IDK the direct value that sitting adds, but there is a flat value that it increases your aggro by I'm sure (or a % mod, or a placement jump, regardless, sitting on inc bad mmk, EQ101)
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. Darafel Journeyman

Never sit on an incoming. Mobs haaaate it. I learned that lesson in Chardok on my very first raid.

I believe there's still a ground crew in there today, scraping the last bits of me off the floor.
  7. Zedus New Member

Are you sending your pet in while sitting? whenever I do that the mob comes after the mage. Probably because of the aggro transfer from the pet to owner.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a guaranteed way to get aggro in early EQ. If you play a pet class you should just build a stand line into your assist button or that pet will divert the npc to you consistently.
  9. Blastoff Augur

You need to pull the mob with enough threat to overcome sit + proximity agro. The debuff you are pulling with isn't generating enough threat to overcome those two, and you are probably pulling the mob too close to your sitting character.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Aggro is definitely the second biggest difference on TLP vs live. With actual mana conservation concerns being first. What's funny is these two challenges conflict since you want to sit to meditate but can't because aggro.

In live my warrior it's trivial for my warrior to lock down aggro on unlimited numbers of mobs without much effort as long as DPS isn't split.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

It's more then Stun (iirc 400 hate based on typical classic mob HP pool). Pulling LDC in SolB with sitting casters, I often see them get smacked, even if I follow my tag (hate capped) with a secondary Stun. I've prevented that more surely by tanking outside the sitting area.
  12. Velerin Journeyman

There’s no hard and fast rules with all mobs and aggro. Some mobs autoaggro if they are KOS and run by you (ie sand giants). Those are the mobs that will see a sitting person , agro to proximity then the sit by itself is more hate than the puller has done yet. Just like some mobs can get pulled right through you but don’t agro as long you didn’t do anything. Also I’ve found lower level mobs agro is usually different than higher level with proximity playing a much larger role (the person closest holds agro better even when others are doing more hate). Maybe proximity is a hard number and other agro scales with damage done so at low levels it adds up different? And of course most undead stuff that follows its own rules.