Nerf the Krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jul 1, 2020.

1. PeterPansicle Journeyman

But then peeps would just trade items on the current TLP for krono on that server, which can still be consumed for account time or am I missing something?
  2. Bleepblob New Member

Right, but it would start from scratch. Day 1 The Cloak of Crappy Stats wouldnt sell for 5 Krono. The market would ramp up much slower
    NotMyCharacterName likes this.
  3. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Isn't the Canadian Krono called the Kroonie?
    Moege and KimchiGoddess like this.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

Okay take your damn like ;p
  5. PeterPansicle Journeyman

If that would work in practice I'd be down for it.
  6. Captain Video Augur

So the top guild on the Canadian server is now "That's EQ eh"?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you guys hate krono for cloaks just wait until seb, velks and The deep.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

What I find hilarious is all of the items that people are dropping krono for were only remotely worth it when you had the focus effects on them.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Krono is just fine as it is, nothing to see here, same old BS arguments have been trotted out a dozen times this month already.

People have just forgotten all the nasty problems that Krono fixed, which have been covered in those dozen or so threads already at great length.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

Contrary to stereotypes a lot of us don't say "eh". I've been in guild discords and VR chat rooms and have heard more Americans say "eh" than I do in my day to day Canadian life ;p I don't say it, my family never really did, my boyfriend doesn't. I had an Uncle who would say it if you didn't respond to him right away though ;p

I find Northern provinces sound more like the typical media representations of Canadians than the Southern ones. I also find that people from Minnesota sound more Canadian than I do, lol.
  11. Arog Augur

I like that idea a lot. No reason for a single account to need more than 10 Kronos stockpiled. If you are getting near that cap then consume one for 30 more days subscription.

It will force the Kronos farmers to spread out their wealth across more accounts which could possibly force them to use more Kronos to be on the TLPS. Also the cheating farmers never hold the stockpile on the farming toons just in case they get caught. Instead they have them on toons that don't do anything but trade. Now they will need to make more accounts for trading or risk loosing them if they stockpile any on the farmers.
  12. Captain Video Augur

Some of my best gaming friends are Canadians.

And I would have you know, I am an open-minded person and I do >NOT< use stereotypes. Take off!
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

This is so freaking dumb. There's no problem creating lots of free to play accounts.

Honestly, Krono farmers are a problem that exist only in your imagination. If they weren't trading the loot they get from a 24/7/365 bot crew for Krono they'd be trading for plat which they'd then sell on illicit 3rd party sites which they'd then *SPAM* in all your chat channels using accounts paid for by the credit card numbers they harvested from their plat buyers.

Nothing the anti Krono mob has ever come up with isn't going to create more and worse problems if implemented.
  14. Arog Augur

So dumb? I agree the plat selling before Kronos was far worse. But in my narrow vision, I failed to see where a single account needs to stock pile more than 10 Kronos. Maybe you could enlighten me please, but a little less insulting next time. Thanks.
  15. nagash101 Augur

then they would just trade them on another server and just keep on keeping on...
  16. Kiaro Augur

My wife is from English Montreal, swears this as well. So I make sure to point out to her every time she says eh.

Canadians also use Fbombs as punctuation.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. KimchiGoddess Augur

LMAO I can definitely agree with the fbomb thing! My father hails from French Montreal, though I am a fail Canadian and don't really speak french though I can read a lot of it.

Generally when I'm in voice chat no one guesses I'm Canadian until I say about, I don't even say "aboot", I say the out part of it like ow-t, but still the Canadian comes through lol.
  18. yerm Augur

Unfortunately it's not a minority. These forums dominated by people who either missed or were super casual back in the day and on the earliest sets of tlps. Combine and fippy did not have krono, and the major loot camps were locked down anyway. Big ticket items were sold for real money. People starting fresh can and did buy plat for cash. It was all there. The rmt scene on fippy was more toxic than phinny or agnarr, although less than mangler, but even then I don't blame krono itself for that server's bot woes.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Loze Elder

I had the pleasure to visit Sydney on Cape Breton. Everyone from 6 year olds to 90 year olds used the f-bomb as punctuation.
    I live near the border and have a lot of Canadian friends (am I allowed to say that, or am I a racist now?) and almost to a person, they all deny using "eh". And almost to a person, I have pointed it out to them within minutes that they said "eh". They usually reply with an f-bomb. :)
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

This is how they were advertised from the start
    9,999 account limit, no more than 25 Krono purchased from Daybreak in any 24 hour period. No limit to how many may be obtained in game from trades with other players.

Krono have provided a means for an active player economy in the TLP's. All the 24/7/365 camp hogging is an entirely different matter and many of the suggestions for dealing with those things would result in much worse gameplay.

On live, during Luclin, I was able to get in a bandit camp in Paludal Cavern and made 4 levels. I was booted from that group when the individual "in charge" of that camp realized that he'd invited my character by mistake and that I had not in fact paid the camp fee to join the group. The bandit camp in PC was not a high level camp by any stretch of the imagination. Yeah I went from 13 to 17 before the guy who'd paid for the spot finally complained about the wait. I just thought I was super lucky to have zoned in and gotten an invite so quickly :D