Hardcore Heritage Zones & Epic Drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Jun 30, 2020.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I decided to bring up a warrior alt and as a compulsive epic quester, I'm working on the completing the Warrior Epic 1.0. I have all the (formerly) raid drops, but there are two drops in Permafrost that are unavailable due to Hardcore Heritage.

Is it possible to add those loot drops to the same types of NPCs so these kinds of quests can continue for those willing to kill mobs at this level?

Heart of Ice is supposed to drop from "a goblin wizard".
    Block of Permafrost is supposed to drop from "an ice giant".
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Permafrost will be back to Normal on Thursday so at least you don't have to wait long before it will be available again. This has been brought up before from previous years, I wouldn't expect a fix any time soon. There are several class epics that get interrupted every year because of the HH revamps, luckily they are only up for a couple weeks a year, so it's not too bad.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Since 2014 players have wanted epic items to drop in the HH zones. It has not happened. This is a once yearly event while epics can be worked on before and after all year long.

They are not going to change this. And even if they were willing to revamp the zones yet again, by the time it got implemented then HH would be over.

So, you will have to wait like the many others who hit this roadblock right now.

This too shall pass.
  4. Password1234 Augur

Can we at least take the unmasked changelings out of HH Sebilis so we don't have 8ac augs dropping in a 105 zone?
    minimind likes this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, please don't.

Do not touch zones that work for minor (very minor) annoyances that do ZERO to affect actual play.

I've done ToFS 1 in now 5 different versions on Live. For a raid that worked from the start.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is the level 50 hot zone....so no.
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

That's weird. This link says:

That would suggest that Permafrost is staying that way for another month. Am I mis-reading?
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

Would you consider adding loot to a drop table a zone revamp?
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Typo from re-using last years post. In-game calendar Jun 17-Jun 30 (11pm)
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not just adding a drop. The updates are specific to the zone name (not to be confused with the zone id or geometry id). The revamped version has a slightly different name, different parameters etc. The cleric epic is stymied in Sol B as well.

There is also "An Epic Request" quest that has to be delayed because when it starts there is a sequence that happens in the zone. If HH is on then it disrupts the entire HH and that quest. HH revamps disrupts old zone quests and factions associated in those zones.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

I am confused. Are you saying that all drops used in the epic quests have specific zone-based scripts or flags? I accept that would be true in some cases, but I question whether that's the case with pre-lootable items.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

That's great news! Thank you!
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I just took a quick look at the Calendar and saw it was still shown for July 1st but not July 2nd. Guess it will be back to normal tomorrow. It says it ends at 2 AM July 1st on my calendar, I never realized it adjusts the actual times to your Time Zone.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The other way around. HH is not flagged for those drops, the zone is different and if they happened for the warrior then they would have to happen for the cleric or the "epic request" and so on down the line. Which would disrupt the zone. The Pally epic also starts a script in the regular zone so they would have to redo HH to accept that script.

Its not just one drop is what I am saying. Its a multitude of changes that are not that simple. Just like them refusing to change or adapt the LDON because they say script for those is so difficult and intricate.
  15. GoneFission Augur

When I was working a heroic enchanter through the 1.5 prequest and preparing for the 1.5 and 2.0, I looked ahead to the HH Sebilis and got a ground spawn I was going to need while the HH was live. I did not catch the Cazic Thule HH, and had to wait about 10 days for the zone to refresh. It was there the day after HH ended. I thought it was odd when I zoned into CT and mobs were light blue to an 87.