Spell listings by line, not by level?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Parev00, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Parev00 New Member

Hi all. Returning player here. I upgraded my cleric to Heroic and now I'm in the situation where I have to figure out new spells every few levels.

Is there an online resource anywhere that lists spells by line, rather than by level? I'm spending a stupid amount of time each time I level looking at the spell descriptions and comparing them see which one is an exact replacement for which, which ones are new, and which ones aren't.

I do like how right clicking the spell slots gives a menu, but even there, it categorizes things more broadly than I would like. (Group Heals mixed with single, mixed with splashes, for just 1 example.)

Allakazam makes it even more complicated since effects are listed that aren't independent spells, and some are for mercs. Plus the various ranks just clutter things up.

I got 6 or 7 spell line-ups and going thru them each time I level and replacing the spells is also a chore, but I'm not sure there is anything for it.

Any useful suggestions? I hate wasting time on this stuff when I could be grinding. I feel like I must be missing something. Thanks.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Use ZAM, look at the list. Replacements are every 5 levels. If you want to know what replaces your level 91 spell, look at level 96.
  3. Parev00 New Member

Hi. ZAM was helpful, but not in the way you suggest. Their spell listings are unusable if you're jumping between 5 levels to figure out what spell lines are which.

But I did download the ZAM spell database, which they make available as a ZIP.

Then I brought it into a spreadsheet and was able to sort it in a way that made sense. I'm sharing that here in case any other clerics find it useful.

Note that this is just CSV data that you can download into whatever spreadsheet program you want. https://paste.ee/p/4BX0s
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

MOST spells are going to have a similar name. So for instance merciful REMEDY is replaced by sincere REMEDY. This is true of the follow lines...

Remedy (fast heal)
    light (slow heal)
    renewal (slow heal with cure)
    promised (delayed heal)
    rejuvenation (panic heal)
    syllable (group heal)
    word (group heal with cure)
    elixir (heal over time AKA hot)
    elixir of (group hot)
    Vie (melee mitigation)
    splash (area AE heal)
    divine (death save)
    intervention (heal with a nuke)

ETC ETC.

Also realize you may use multiple levels of the same spell. So you might have 2 of the remedy lines up, the current level one and the previous level on, so you can spam fast heals when needed, while other lines like HOT spells and group heals you'll probably only have the current level loaded.

My cleric is something along the lines of...

Remedy
    Older Remedy
    intervention
    Light
    Renewal
    promised
    elixir
    elixir of
    syllable
    word of
    rejuvination
    Vie
    shining
    Divine

Thats more than 13 spells I usually don't keep light or a cure loaded. I box my cleric so I usually just spam remedy x2, renewal and intervention on multibind. I use HoT and promised when named are being pulled to cover the debuff gap. I usually just do all of my curing with word of and renewal, radiant cure when needed. The rest I handle with divine arb/epic 2, burst of life, etc.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

have your tired your class website?
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Some of this info is hard to find outside of the game. Which is funny because it used to be the other way around.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Are there any left (active, that is)?