where did everybody go? was that it and over?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Runemaster New Member

Also, it's really easy to run out of things you are interested in doing in classic. The classic world was built under the assumption it would take a player 50 days not 50 hours to reach max level. I made 50 in a couple weeks and relative to other guild mates that was slow. At this point, unless I really want to work tradeskills, farm plat or level alts, there's not much reason to log in except ~8 hours a week for raids.

I'm guessing there's a lot of folks like me that are max level now and mostly just logging on to raid and waiting for Kunark.
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

Pretty much this on all the TLP's
  3. Rebelicious Augur

Mangler actually was a functional server...it had a lot of down time... but when it was up you could actually log in and play on it... Aradune was a whole new level of fail... and for a long time... the queues separated friends and guilds... and after weeks of trying to play on queue-tastrophe... many unsubbed. As soon as the month sub came due... Aradune was suddenly playable... and empty.
  4. Kiaro Augur

IDK about Aradune, but Mangler sure has a lot of new characters leveling these past few weeks, some have started hitting their 60s.
  5. Pappasalt Augur

I always enjoy when people discuss how different the tlps are to each other when they've pretty much been the same rule set for years now. Its also comical for people to act surprised at which stages a tlp drops off when that is also the same every tlp, unless perhaps it's your first go around. But for people who have even done two should know by now.
  6. Piznut Angry Gnome

Eh, I was super into it for a little bit; but having a regular job..the 4 hour queues meant I couldn't play sometimes for several days. Finally just gave up a few weeks ago. Now I feel behind, and the raiding guild I joined has more built up DKP, etc...that it just seemed pointless to go back.
    Arog likes this.
  7. Xeris Augur

I have all the items for my epic I can do in classic. Got my de mask from inny and cof. Just missing 2 posky quest pieces I want, have my planar armor... My 2 alts are lvl 48, will be 50 by the end of the week... Mostly there isn't much more to do. I've made like 45 krono in the first 3 weeks and aside from switching mains and raid gearing my 2nd char + box, the only other thing for me to do is relentlessly farm Kronos, but I'm not interested in that.

I got enough Kronos to pay for all my accounts for a full year, so now I can just enjoy RL, raid a bit, and continue playing on Agnarr.
  8. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

A lot of people who have come back to try it, even if they tried TLPs, are completely disenchanted by how the game is these days and how toxic/unfriendly much of the playerbase is. In every group I've been in for leveling, literally everyone rolls need on every single item that drops. I don't remember that being the etiquette on any of the other servers I played. They often won't even give the item to a groupmate that could use it, even if it's some crappy 50p unrest drop. Then you have the army of players who will just move into any camp at any time regardless of what's going on because there's no enforcement of camps or anything. Older TLPs had a few bad apples who would do this, on Aradune I just see it nonstop. You can't try to camp anything of any meaningful value without a krono farmer just barging in and dps racing you if they see that you're alone or don't have more dps than they do. The casual players stop playing pretty fast because of these things.
    Kronotowin likes this.
  9. Sikkun Augur

Every server is empty and dead according to the forums.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'll throw my hat into the "not much to do in classic once you're 50" ring. It's the reason i've been playing much less.

Unless you have a tank to gear, or you're a raiding caster who cares about mana pool, there is just not much to do.
  11. Protagonist Tank

Play a tank and tell me how great gearing up is with those Hole groups. Everyone else leaves with 1-4k of gear and you leave with some autosplit copper.
  12. Thash Zoner

All need is the fairest loot distribution in pickup groups. No one will be upset if your tank rolls on that loamy robe. If they are, they're wrong.

This is pretty much standard procedure at this point. Everyone gets a roll, it removes so much toxicity. Groups are fun again.

I've been impressed in recent years with the pickup group scene on tlp's. More and more it seems to be mostly decent, mature players that can find a way to work together. There are always exceptions.
  13. jeskola pheerie

AOC and Pickzone have jacked up a lot of people's concept of healthy server population to the point that I ignore all the "omg ded server" posts.
  14. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

There were 8 general chats today with 400 in it and a 9th with 397 when i randomly looked...most i've ever seen on a TLP. Obviously there is also a significant % of players who never join a general chat. Not sure what people are talking about.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Big if true.
  16. Xeris Augur

ye i dunno what people are expecting, seems like the only time people are happy is when there's 3 picks of nektulos forest and 500 lvl 2 guys running around killing decaying skeletons, otherwise the server is dead. ;p
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Zansobar Augur

CL had 300 ppl in it yesterday.
  18. Xhieron Elder

We quit, that's where. Enough is enough. The company clearly has other priorities than server stability (or than policing RMT and bot armies, for that matter). I tried very hard to stick it out, but my time is limited enough as it is. I found something else to play--you know, as opposed to something to sit and wait to play.
  19. Wtfagain Elder

Interesting... one of those allows a max of two accounts.. coincidence?!?!
  20. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Faster unlocks help.