Daybreak has no love for Priest classes

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Zanmarz, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Zanmarz New Member

By not enforcing the old school community camp rules and stating that DPS racing is ok, clr shm dru will always lose camps to mage bots. Change my mind.
  2. Seor New Member

They have a love for people carrying multiple accounts and buying stuff from them for $$(or driving the sales of others). If we had more Shaman bot armies maybe?

I kid I kid....sorta
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't understand your comment. Why talk about DPS races for solo/molo play? It doesn't even apply.

If you're solo/molo, you're not even going after camps that full group/botted groups are going after.

For a game based around group play, and 16 different classes, some classes will do more DPS than others. Expecting priests to do as much/more DPS than a DPS class just seems silly.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Consider not boxing 2 priests if you want to compete for high end cash camps?
  5. Szilent Augur

This is precisely the nonsense one is signing up for by demanding, receiving, and then diving into the "classic" EQ experience on TLPs. This is it. You wanted it, you got it. That anything else ever emerged from early Everquest has everything to do with early Everquest being 21 years ago when plain ignorance pervaded the community.
    Ninelder, Velisaris_MS, Conq and 2 others like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The OP makes exactly no sense.

Are you seriously expecting to be able to hold a camp by yourself or something?

It's a group game, whether that is 6 real players or 1 player boxing 6 characters.

Form a group & stop the whine already.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

The OP is fine. DPS racing is in fact not fair to class's or groups that do not favor dps.

Acting like this fact is silly or not understandable is disingenuous. It's easy to understand why someone would feel frustrated.

That said...any rules would just be used by unfair people do to unfair things.

If it was the first to hit a mob got the kill, well that would just lead to another totally different set of unfair practices! Maybe one that was unfair to even more people or even more open to abuse.

You can't make unfair people be fair. The best you can do is make it less painful.

Many games do this by letting everyone take down a mob and everyone receives the reward. Still unfair if I spent 30 min clearing and had a epic hard fight to take down the mob while you just didn't help till the last 1% and did 4 damage to it. BUT at least I didn't lose anything...you just gained unfairly.

That is about the only way I have ever heard of to make mmo's the least painful.
    That just isn't EQ's style though.

So most of us just make do with the way things are and deal.
    Cuuthbert and Szilent like this.
  8. Szilent Augur

^ this guy games
  9. allureic New Member

in the old days how we fixed stealers was send the bard in with high sun....
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

nah was more like a monk or sk would train as many mobs then fd on you way i remember it.

Andarriel
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Xerzist Augur

Always gonna be a turd who shows up when the named pops exactly, and dumps his entire load all over the room. And then says "OH HERE YE, WERE YOU THIS LITTLE SPECK IN THE CORNER?"

APOLOGIES! :D
  12. chocster Lorekeeper

Bard's Fade Revenge...
    and a remembered name...
  13. chocster Lorekeeper

A remembered name
    The Bard's Fade Revenge succeeds
    Much to those dismayed
  14. Q2moveit New Member

Helps if there's a dedicated group of friends to run around with if you don't box to get camps. .
  15. Ninelder Augur

You can never truly go home.