New Krono suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

"Would you like to spend 1 Krono to keep your viral dot active as you get ported to the plane of knowledge?"

Darkpaw would make a mint.
    Duder likes this.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

No, just no. Let’s keep Krono simple as being a means to extend your sub or trade. Let’s not make weird purchasable abilities or perks you don’t usually get in game, well I guess cosmetics are okay.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In the history of stupid ideas this would get a special mention.
    dreadlord, Nolrog and Nennius like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There have been viral dots which have made it to the Guild Lobby in the past.......it took CS hours to get rid of it..... Followed by a hasty patch !
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

If this makes me have to wear a mask in-game I am going to object loudly.
    Shanarias, Dythan and Yinla like this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would like to see Krono's give the option of DB Cash like the old game cards use to have. 1 Month sub time or 1500 DBC. That would probably get a decent bit of the Krono's off the market and drive new sales of them. Currently with just having Sub time as an option players will only consume them once a month per account, with the option to take DBC as a reward you could have players claiming multiple krono's per month on an account.
    Barton and Yinla like this.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

You don't ever equip anything in your face slot? It could keep you alive or it could do nothing, and it could keep your group/raid alive if you live longer ;)
    Moege likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Poor joke perhaps. I am tired of wearing a mask IRL.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think we have all had enough of masks, but if it keeps us a bit safer so be it. :)

Stay safe.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That would be fine except I think a krono should give you 1000 DB cash. Whether good or bad this could increase the amount of server transfers to move goods from server to server.
  11. code-zero Augur

You realize that there's no way that they're going to let you trade a Krono for anything that they can sell for DB cash don't you? If you are subbed you get 500 DB cash every month~ and that's it. They've already got the money for the Krono and you're not getting it back.

Falls under the "refund" heading in the FAQ
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

What's different from claiming a Krono for DBC or claiming it for Sub Time? Both are things they sell for cash. Krono's just net them a couple dollars more than normal in both situations, $18 instead of $15 for either option.

Yes, they already have the money for them but they've stated before they don't actually consider it as profit on the books until they are claimed for time. They are considered a liability while they are circulating on the servers and not actually being consumed.

The reason I said 1500 DBC is that's the equivalent cost for 1 month of game time, $15. When they use to sell the Game Cards in the stores that was also the option, 1 month game time or 1500 DBC (2000 DBC if you bought it at walmart). I use to buy multiples at a time and depending on what I ended up needing/wanting more I would choose that option. The game cards were basically the original krono, I remember people selling the codes for plat or items long before krono's became a thing. It's probably where they got the idea for them from.
  13. code-zero Augur

They stopped selling game cards when people began hording them then cashing it when there was a special on subscription rates. And no, there's a big difference in giving a refund on Krono that can be applied to DB Cash. The net no new revenue from doing that. The fact that you even would request such a thing is all the proof that they need that there'd be no new net revenue.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They stopped doing the Promo's on DBC a long time ago, the reason they actually stopped doing game cards was because they felt it wasn't worth it to keep stores stocked with them. The Subscription Promo's never affected the Game Cards only the BDC promo's.

Where did I say anything about a Refund? This has nothing to do with refunds.

"They net no new revenue" is your opinion. I think it would actually result in more Krono's being sold. Either way they would get the money, either from someone just paying the cash for DBC or someone buying the krono from them that gets claimed for DBC. Both result in them getting the money, the Krono option would actually net them $3 more like it does for Game Time.

How does my request prove they wouldn't net any new income? If you don't understand how Krono's currently work than you will never understand the request.
  15. code-zero Augur

Yeah, it's a refund trading something that has been purchased already for something that they expect you to pay cash for

Really the fact that you think that this is a good idea since it saves you from having to pay them for DB Cash is all anyone needs to know. It's a bad idea and a money loser.

Now if they created a transferable item that was worth DB Cash that'd be something else. Something that you could buy then parcel off would be a good idea. But the Krono lords who are all sitting on thousands in Krono with no clue as to what to do with them all deserve no consideration.

Poor planning on the part of people who were greedy doesn't require that DPG kowtow to them
    Shanarias likes this.
  16. Febb Augur

Yeeeees, I love viral dots :D
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I picked 1000 because for DBG to make the changes they should be making a bit more money and to ensure it is not the chosen way to get DBC.