[Feedback] Remove Bind Affinity Restriction in all static zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It has long bothered me that casters and more specifically druids and wizards cannot bind in many recent expansion zones however campfires work in almost all of them.

If it is fine for a group to drop a campfire and instantly teleport to basically anywhere in any zone every 15 minutes, teleporting classes should be able to bind at the same spots and teleport bind their group there.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Disagree, because there’s a core game balancing element missing from your argument.

Binds are permanent while campfires eventually go out... So if a person needs to journey somewhere to place the fire and their buddies hop in using it it’s fine in my mind since someone did work recently to get their. It’s too much of a content skip to let one person place a bind once and go their constantly without walking there again. (From a balance perspective)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

Disagree also, because a campfire requires 3 people to place which takes work to log in 3 toons and run those toons to the CF spot .. allowing a binding class to just bind there and be able to port a group there in an instant is not balance .. also for the reasons Kermitthefroglok mentions above ..
  4. phattoni Augur

melee should not be able to bind anywhere.

and there is no confirmation on bind affinity, i can only imagine the griefing this would cause.

and can you imagine the impact this would have on tlp, where literally every mob that drops loot is camped by a level 50.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have more of a dislike for wizzys and druids NOT being able to port to the locations the guild portal takes you too.

Binding is less of an issues and I can understand due to some idiots biding in stupid places and getting themselves in a death loop that they have tightened up on where players can bind.

IMHO wizzys and druids should get at least 2 or 3 ports/gates/TLs each expansion, 1 to where the guild portal takes you to, 1 to normal port location and one to any placeable clicky (if you need that clicky to port there so be it).
  6. Mookus Augur

I agree with Yinla about guildhall portage exceeding porting abilities. Every port a ghall or statue in the hall can give should be wiz Druid castable imo.

Also agree with OP, and I have posted as much repeatedly. Though, the devs did rediscover the forgotten ability to designate bindable regions in zones. So there is hope that the overpowered campfire versus wiz/dry bind and port balance can be addressed.

I think it’s disingenuous to assert that a campfire is more deserving of unlimited and entirely unrestricted portal capability. Every single bot group can immediately remove any vestige or a reason to waste a bot slot on those two port classes. Almost everyone in eq can plant a campfire at will.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

Not true .. Only if everyone in EQ boxes ( which we know not to be the case) and loads up 3 toons to be able to place campfire's .. that is one of the main reasons they do not lower the number of toons req from 3 to 2 or even 1 because not everyone box's .

I box 2 - 5 toons and even though I do box more than 3 toons most times it is a chore to log them on it takes time. Time to log each toon in run or port everyone to camp spot then drop the CF total setup is anywhere from 20 to 30min .. Of course if they are already there then setup is usually under 5min ..

I really dont mess with CF to often only when it is a few zones away from a druid/wiz port or if I know i have to go do a few things and go sit in GL i'll drop a CF so i can clicky back once i get back from errands .
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No. It's VERY powerful to allow druids and wizards to bind as they then get teleport group to bind and zephyr to bind.

It's a no from me, dawg.
  9. kizant Augur

What they should do is remove the ability to port to a campfire if you're not already in the same zone. It's fine as a call of the hero sort of replacement for groups but it should never have been more than that. It gets abused way too much.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Gonna have to go with a hard "no" on that idea.

If anything, they need to expand the functionality of the campfire by increasing the size of the fellowship to at least 20...or possibly change the guild banner mechanic to function just like a campfire.

Wasting time getting places may have been part of the immersive feel of the game in 1999, but in 2020, it's nothing more than a giantic pain in the backside.
  11. Pawtato Augur

I always felt this game had this disconnect between designing content for groups and having tools to encourage grouping. The live world is pretty small nowadays, but they never did PUGs any favors.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Far different things campfires and bind points. Campfires require three toons to actually go to a location to make use of them each time where as a bind is permanent. Binds require travel one time and that is it. Campfires require travel multiple times.

But I agree with some that porters have gotten the short end on ports last few expansions. I assume to make those clickie ports that come with the most expensive version of an expansion (it works I buy one copy of the super deluxe each year). So I guess that loss to porters is what Daybreak sees as a trade off in order to boost revenue from expansion sales. I dunno maybe this affects the bind issue also?
  13. GoneFission Augur

I agree wizards and druids should get all the guild hall ports, as personal, single, and group ports. I also think they should get another port or two without placing anything. The problem is those ports are now sold as clickies for high priced expansion purposes. It’s another example of what used to be part of the game that’s now put up for sale.
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The other issue is with much smaller expansions giving porters more ports has a much larger impact. Great for me I always have access to a druid and wizard but I suspect this is the other reason for fewer ports these days besides selling premium expansions.