Fixed Internally Crafting auto-combine stopping randomly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Baldur, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Baldur Augur

I'm not sure exactly when this started happened, but it was somewhat recent.

Bring up any tradeskill container, select recipe, click Make All, click Combine.

If you have say 500 combines, it will randomly stop the auto-combining. Sometimes it's after 2 combines, sometimes 10 combines, sometimes it makes it to 100, but it will always stop at some point before you run out of components. It never used to do this.

Or I should say it would only do it before when my internet would lag, there is no lag at all and it's doing it constantly. Please fix, it's super annoying.
    Warpeace, Quatreh, Jumbur and 61 others like this.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Annoying … yes

Recent … no

Been doing this ever since they released the auto-combine feature with tradeskills.
    Pelrond, Nennius, Kialya and 4 others like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget to click "like" on that first post so they will look at it and maybe get a fix
  4. Baldur Augur

That is definitely not the case. When I did the bulk of my tradeskills on Phinigel, over a year ago, this was not happening at all.

It would only happen, like I said, when my internet would lag, and then the items would be on my cursor and I'd have to start it up again.

But that was to be expected, and it didn't happen that often. Now, no lag at all, it just randomly stops, all the time, constantly. No items on cursor, just stops doing the auto-combines, and I have to click the Combine button again.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

From my experience, there be some connection between people entering the zone and this happening. I've had better success doing mass combines in less active zones (like old guild hall).
    Nennius, Mukkul and Barraind like this.
  6. svann Augur

Its just in pok. You can technically get it in other zones, but very close to never.
    Skuz and Mukkul like this.
  7. Baldur Augur

I'm working on artisan prize so I am doing it all in PoK.

I'll try in the guild hall for large quantity combines from now on, thanks!
  8. Leasa Bloodrose New Member

This has been happening in POK for as long as I can remember. It always happens the same way; you get a chain of combines separated by a couple seconds, then one combine that takes 3-4 seconds, then the combine button gets pressed again while the combine cooldown is in progress and autocombining stops. I attribute it to lag. I try to make sure to not face anywhere with players int it while I'm crafting (i.e. make the graphics card's job as easy as possible) and it seems to help. A blank wall seems to work best.
    lockjaws and Cazmac like this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Thank you for the reminder.
  10. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

See that's the funny thing about bugs, just because you didn't experience it when it first was implemented doesn't mean it didn't exist. I can state for a fact based on documented observation, its been happening since they implemented the feature.
    svann likes this.
  11. GNOME_POWER Augur

I think it's such a design, not a bug.
    Bubossi likes this.
  12. Nylrem Augur

I very rarely have this happen in small guild hall, with no lag, or other zones, with almost nobody else in them.

Happens occasionally in GGH, with some lag/up to 100 toons in zone.

Happens constantly in PoK.

Has been that way since they first started the feature, for me.
  13. Ozadar Elder

I've definitely seen this happen and do all of my tradeskilling in POK.

Ozadar of Zek
    Fenthen and lockjaws like this.
  14. Cacky Elder

nthing that I have seen this many times, always in PoK (but that is the only place I do tons of combines; its not like I've tried it in other zones), and definitely not confined to the recent past. Over the last couple years as I got the artisan prize and maxed out the trade skills, this little bug/feature has been a constant companion. (Yes, that's right: every trade skill maxed. Ladies, form an orderly queue.)
  15. Axxius Augur

PoK constantly has lag spikes because of a lot of people entering and leaving the zone. Guild Halls are instanced and are subject to the instance lag spikes, although rarely. I found the best places for skilling up with auto-combines to be small static zones with bankers and tradeskill facilities, such as Abysmal Sea or home towns (except Crescent Reach).
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. lockjaws Augur

When this happens I usually have one of the returned items (like a smithing hammer, or the combined product) still on my cursor. It won't continue combining with an item on the cursor. The cause of this is 100% due to zone/server lag.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. svann Augur

They should move tradeskills out of pok so they dont lag us out in the buffing zone.
    :p
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Our server does MGB in Lobby - so expect to see tradeskill tables pop up there soon - right next to the Jesters players like to have spamming everyone in there.!!
    Fenthen and svann like this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Buff in the lobby like the rest of the civilized world, you heretic. :D
    Tegila and Fenthen like this.
  20. Bubossi New Member

I thought it might be to slow down unattended automation of trade skills. But what would I know?
    Moege likes this.