Isn't it time to let melee be bound where casters can?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

Nothing breaks a group faster than when their tanks and melee die and there is no rezzer and they have to run back from distant zones.

Time to let melee get bound at the same spots that a caster can bind themselves.
    Bailen and Zorglub like this.
  2. Bard2019 Elder

Death has already lost almost all it's meaning in EQ, why not ruin it further and just let people pay a Krono on the spot for an instant 100% XP resurrection with no rez effects? Hell, even throw in a temporary bonus to stats. I mean, if people are too lazy to spend the 10-15 minutes to run back to their group maybe DarkBreak can just put the final nail in the coffin that contains Brad's vision and profit while doing so?
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've also been lobbying for warriors to get feign death for some time now if we can just pop that in there with this one.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

I'd also like melee to have the ability to gate to their bind point, can we add this as well?
  5. Zorglub Journeyman

Bind and gate are the bread and butter of fun;those who are speaking about laziness and the like are forgetting that this is a game, an entertainment.
    I am always reluctant about playing a non-bind/gate class because it is boring.
    All this masochism is getting old.
  6. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

7. Protagonist Tank

There are soulbinders in every city, CL, and every LDoN camp from day 1. If your tank was bound in a "distant zone" you had a lazy and stupid tank.

If they had been able to bind at the zone, they wouldn't have. They were already able to bind near the zone and didn't.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

9. Wiff Elder

It never made sense even from a role-playing perspective that the bind spell would only work on others in a zone that had a city in it. I have never really understood why this particular limitation was put on non-casters.
  10. Tucoh Augur

If they do anything with bind affinity it should be to limit casters to where melee have to bind.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Soulbinders weren't in Classic. For melees, a bind was originally a service you paid for, just like a port. Devs decided to leave the soulbinders in for TLP Classic as a QoL feature, which may make it seem like the bind affinity service is redundant, hence the idea that melees should be able to bind where they want. However, this becomes an issue of class distinction when it comes to how precisely a bind point can be set. There are a lot of places where a caster might want to bind him/herself, but isn't allowed for who knows what reason (zone geography, NPC spawn points, etc). I would bet it is far too complicated a programming task for far too little benefit to change the bind system now. Tanks should git gud and bind someplace logical with the services available before any raid or major group encounter.
  12. Runes Augur

Really where is the souldbinder when you are deep in Lguk and die and you have to run from SRO while the casters just sit at zone in or deep in hole. By your logic you would be in favor of not having any bind affinity for casters then because there are soul binders "in every city cl and ldon camp.

It makes no sense for casters to be able to bind themselves pretty much anywhere and melee cannot be bound by them in the same place they can except to make things stupidly annoying and waiting 15-20 minutes just to start up again.
  13. Trogodor New Member

It takes 3 mins to run to lguk with no sow/jboot from sro camp. even faster if you bind in grobb. How lazy are you dude?
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be worse if you were bound by a vindictive caster in your group and you got stuck in a death loop.

Casters in the past have bound in stupid places and got themselves in death loops, melee not being able to be bound in dangerous places is for your safety.
  16. Runes Augur

I will give you some Krono if you can run from sro bind to King or Hamlord in 3 minutes with no sow on your own and under rez effects
  17. Runes Augur

It would be great if EQ had a mechanic where a pop up window comes up to ask if you want to accept a spell cast on you.... ;)
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

That would help to reduce the number of AFK folks hoping to soak up buffs in POK nicely. And think of the fun after a raid wipe. Now, if you could opt out of it completely it MIGHT be useful.
  19. Garmr Augur

ALL THE WAY FROM SRO!!!!!!! SAY IT AINT SO!!!
    Protagonist likes this.
  20. nagash101 Augur

No