BOTs permacamping nameds in AB...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Voktar, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Voktar Journeyman

At the top of the Gyrospire Zeka Tower there is a lvl110 dark elf mage bot perma camping and afk killing the Commander.

Hes has been here for weeks, exactly at the same spot without moving, afk killing with the pet.

Please do something about bots permacamping, its not only pet afk killing, they are using to fast targeting and killing the mobs in fractions of second.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  2. Laronk Augur

While still not ok, this could be something as simple as a programmable keyboard/mouse/Autohotkey spamming the 1 key with this in game macro

/target Commander_GnomeFace_The_Big_dude
    /pet attack
    /doability xxxx (where xxxx is the instacast or near insta cast mage AA nuke)
    /cast 1 (a fast cast nuke)

I would petition first, the CS staff don't do forum stuff. If you want to go the extra mile download OBS studio and make a video of this dude upload it to youtube and include a link in your petition.
  3. Voktar Journeyman

I dont want to petition anyone, i'm only pointing the obvious that anyone knows.

This is not the only bot, there are others out there that are camping the same spots in AB for weeks maybe months non stop.

There is another in Maru's doing the same.

There is only one instance zone available for those zones, maybe instancing them should make everyone happy.
    bellower and Yinla like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder how doable it would be for someone to just set up streams going 24/7 of this person? Use a rogue maybe?
    minimind and svann like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Here's why you need to /petition that sort of thing.

In game type the command /server and you'll get a report of how many zones are up. It's entirely possible that there could be /afk play in most of those zones. No GM can pop through all the zones and check everyone that they might find there.
  6. Laronk Augur

If you don't petition them then CS generally won't do anything
  7. Laronk Augur

Umm pretty easy but the killing fast with an autofire controller while watching youtube and not responding to player tells isn't against the rules. Now this guy probably is afk as the OP stated but people do stay at camps for stupid long periods of time killing one bad guy.

I did 2 36 hour camps of the halfling mask back in the day with just a couple hour sleep in between (I had fairly bad luck but its pretty rare) and I did it the lazy way where you only kill PH. Had I been way less lazy I could of made a decent amount of plat just in drops when I did it. I just watched a lot of movies and yeah /snore

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6896
  8. Zamiam Augur

well there are 30 other threads that are pointing the obvious , but thanks . In all seriousness the only way to get the dev's attention is to have a video of said botter afk-ing while killing that requires logs of you sending him tells/say and he not responding and video of him afk botting , otherwise the dev's dont care even with the video alot of times they prolly wont do anything.

I have yet to come across a afk botter that seriously impedes my game play .. If I do, I would petition only if I had a video .. There is usually other things I can do to pass the time even if it means waiting till the next downtime and then trying to log in once servers come back up .. there is soo much to do in this game its really nonsense that people cant find other things to do/kill while waiting for a specific mob ..

even if its the last named you need to finish Hunters for a specific expansion there are 25 other expansions to explore or start hunters or stuff until you can go back and finish that 1 kill..

If it bothers people soo much then take a video and petition , otherwise keep it to yourself .. we know there are afk botters in game .. if DPG isnt going to do something about them ( which we know to be true) then we need to work around them ..

also just curious but doesn't mezzing the mob stop all action from mercs and pets usually ? why can't you mez mob then kill ? scenario would be like this

1. afk botter pulls named

2. enchanter or bard mezes mob

3. SK pulls named with his insta pull AA .. (flings mob in air to sk)

4. you kill named and get credit

5. afk botter reports you for kill stealing

6 . you show video and logs that you tried to work it out with said afk botter

7. DPG takes action against afk botter :p
  9. Natal Augur

Why do you care?
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Idget Lorekeeper

Waste of a post if your not willing to petition, move along nothing to see here.
    Moege likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

There are many threads about this. I've posted a few of my own.
    The devs don't seem to care about cheaters.

(and for those talking about petition, been there done that - the devs do not care about cheaters)
  12. Voktar Journeyman

Well, seems the guy has moved finally. I do care because it's a bad game mechanic a lvl110 can permanently camp afk killing a lvl75 zone.

It disturbs normal gameplay and I find hilarious some of you are upset saying why should I care for afk killing.

Also it's not my job downloading some program and editing video footage.

And it's my right pointing bad game mechanics here in the forums.

I have seen this afk killing by mages all the time, since I was hunting I'm the Hole at low levels.

Something needs to be done, and I think petitioning is not the ideal solution.

And for those saying that i need to move along, please don't waste your time replying to my thread and show a little respect for my opinion.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In an ideal world what would be your solution?

Back in the real world as a player your only legitimate recourse is to petition, anything else that you do to try & remedy the situation yourself is going to risk you getting a suspension yourself.
    YOU may not be interested in shadowplay or video-capture & editing software, the owners of the bots ARE and they will petition against you.

The reason camps get monopolized is due to bottle-necks, spawns of only 1 particular item from 1 particular NPC in one particular place within 1 particular zone create an opportunity for that to get monopolized, either by a genuine player, or an AFK bot.

Zones having multiple places far enough apart where a mob can spawn is a start, multiple versions of that item (same stats / focii / clickie but different names) is another step. That same mob being able to appear also in multiple zones could be another.
    In my own ideal world every zone would have an AoC where instances of that zone can be spun up on demand for a group, nameds would not ever spawn on spin-up but these instances would provide a means to camp them without having to contend with long-term campers.
    In combination those changes would remove the bottleneck entirely.
  14. Moege Augur

/server
    invalid command

*Would actually like to know that info.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm curious about this myself as well. Is there something I'm unaware of that the Commander drops that would be desirable after like level 80? OP why are you checking this week after week? I'm not defending the behavior, but it seems like victimless crime on a server well past this content.
  16. kizant Augur

Maybe they were testing something and picked a spot/zone they thought nobody would care about? I'm curious too why this camp would matter much on a live server.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe its worth trying to get a lot of people to petition all at once?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is this they guy up where Gyro clicky drops you?

If it is he is a pain in the butt when you want to get an AE TL off. :rolleyes:
  19. Natal Augur

Disagreeing with you is not disrespect. If you offer an opinion people have a right to ask why it is important to you. If you have an issue with that then keep your opinion to yourself, then you won't get your feelings hurt.

The main reason a high level might do this is to get some kill update for hunter ach, but I don't think that expansion has a hunters ach. People sometimes do it to farm tradeskill items for leveling up TS, but those folk usually are in some out of the way place and not bothering anyone. If he is actually looking for some rare drop then he probably is not really afk although not necessarily doing anything (a 110 mage pet would kill those mobs before the player can even react). You don't have a greater right to whatever the mob drops than him.

Just wait until he has what he is looking for and leaves. There are plenty of other things you can do in the mean time.
  20. Natal Augur

The short answer is it doesn't.
    kizant likes this.