Glad there's not a 2nd Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trey, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Trey Elder

Considering the Q is gone--it was the right choice not to bend to public demand, stretch thin resources thinner, and spin up a server that'd likely be dead before the year's out. The Q is vastly diminished now; logging in today during primetime was a breeze.
  2. Megazen Elder

Yep, the servers magically starting to work all of a sudden, just happen to coincide with 1 month subs being up.
    Trey, Vinlail and KimchiGoddess like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Yep. Making a new server was always a sloppy solution to a sloppy problem.

That being said, if they rolled out two Aradunes and combined them after the second month (or maybe after the first month of Kunark) they would have a far higher amount of subs.
    Vinlail and KimchiGoddess like this.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

surprise surprise, after a month of trying to play enough people cancel and give up that the queue goes away.

I mean DPG is rolling in cash so throwing away customers is no problem right?
    Mezrah and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. Duality Augur

Looks like 30-40% of people decided they've seen all of the content classic has to offer and let subs die.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Out of the 2 confirmed cancellations, that's not enough to make a difference with server stability. :)
  7. Xeris Augur

I mean that's what happened. I doubt they're rolling in cash.
  8. Sikkun Augur

Krono tourist go back to their home servers while forum questers argue some massive amount of subs cancelled.

You don’t sit through 5 hour queues for 30 days and then quit....maybe 2-3 days, not 30. People who quit because of the queue, mostly quit week one.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  9. Trey Elder

You guys, May 27 Aradune released...today is the 23rd of June. So, according to the theory about lapsed subs...those accounts are technically still "green" and the servers are a go.

Sheesh, the gaming community has become so negative and toxic since 1999. Don't video games make you guys happy? Can't you let your issues go?
    #Therapy
    ThxAlot and Bullsnooze like this.
  10. Lionari Elder

Ques incoming Kunark launch. QQ re-commence!
  11. Vaxpo Elder

I guess people who said they were done playing due to the queues were telling the truth. Probably not a good idea to celebrate a company forcing away their player base.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

I know subs will be going steadily down till the 27th cuz a lot of people subbed a couple days ahead to get ready and mess around on mangler first. My sub ran out yesterday and I haven't resubbed cuz there is 2 more months of classic. I don't have much to do before kunark comes out.
  13. Monstarz New Member

I fully suspect many went back to their main server after rushing to 50 and getting the gear they needed. Maybe occasionally log in to raid.
    A second server would have been a waste.
    Most of the people complaining were more than likely farmers trying to get in on over priced pixels.
  14. Smallhands Elder

I never ever sub a new account on the same day a new server starts, and I'm willing to bet most other people didn't sub the exact day the server started, instead subbing several days beforehand, like most people would.

Anywayssssssssss,

Let's see how many people remember all this the next time DPG decides to put their hands in our pockets. I'm willing to bet most people will have forgotten or think it will all magically get better the next time a new TLP comes out.
  15. Protagonist Tank

It got better immediately after bonus xp ended, exactly like everyone told you it would.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

I mean thats what I did back when I paid; and its what my co-worker did too. So I'm going to guess that unless you have some proof that everyone waited until launch day to subscribe, he is likely right.

The reality is we are ALL making assumptions and only DBG/DPG know the real numbers. They don't tend to be very... communicative in that regard either. So I doubt we will ever have concrete numbers to work with. So we're all speaking based on prior experience and reasonable assumptions until such a time as they do publish that data (aka never)
  17. Tucoh Augur

Nobody at DPG has the real numbers for anything since DBG is a money laundering front. (confirmed)
    KimchiGoddess and Bobbybick like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  19. JustDarryl Journeyman

If I could step in here just for a moment,

I feel that sometimes people are just having bad days,

Which reminds me of a great book on tape, if I may suggest, The Handmaids Tale, by Margaret Atwood. A great listen!

But what do I know, I'm just Darryl.
    Thalliius likes this.
  20. Zarth New Member

Does boot really taste that good? I mean every post chain you are in there boot-licking. Give it a break already, are you being paid to come do this? You offer no real input other than to say how great the developers and company are when the facts run counter to that quite often. It really is pathetic....