Not A Bug Coyotes not dropping Pelts

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kroh, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Kroh Journeyman

This is on the Aradune Server. I have killed hundreds of Coyotes in multiple zones and on multiple characters and not one Coyote Pelt has dropped. By the law of averages I should have had at least one drop by now.

Could this be a messed up loot table bug? Or is this done on purpose to block the Plague Warrior's Further Instruction quest? And if so , why now? It has been allowed on all other TLP servers at launch
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The quest does say "In Steamfont Mountains, hunt coyotes until you get 1 Coyote Pelt" so not sure ones in other zones count. But maybe someone else will chime in .

Sometimes drops and spawns are tied to flags on the character doing the quest. Otherwise the item/mob will not appear
  3. Prathun Developer

The treasure tables that have a chance of dropping coyote pelts are restricted until the Planes of Power has unlocked. It looks like the quest that requires the coyote pelt was implemented in April of 2002. This appears to be working as intended.
    Kroh, CatsPaws and Yinla like this.
  4. dreadlord Augur

On live, the only place I got these to drop is steamfont
  5. Kroh Journeyman

Thanks for the response although I would like to know why now? This was allowed on previous TLP's at launch. No I don't expect an answer to this, but would it behoove y'all to do your homework a bit more diligently before releasing un-intended content? I mean if you allowed it on the others then it should have been allowed now. That quest was marked as original era so....
    Anyway, again, thank you for confirming my suspicion.

@CatsPaws though it hardly matters now with Prathun's answer, any pelt from any zone worked. I tried this previously personally and it had worked fine at that time.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Can you provide any documentation to prove your specious claim? Also your argument that because something was broken in the past, it should be allowed now is wrong headed, and possibly immoral.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Febb Augur

The pelts are for the LoY newbie quest armor. I guess they bundled all those newbie quests into opening in PoP.
  8. Prathun Developer

According to the change logs, one of the two treasure tables that can drop coyote pelts was restricted to PoP in June of 2017, and the other was restricted to PoP in March of 2019.

There's no guarantee that the restrictions will remain the same between one wave of Progression Servers and another. Since the first Progression servers launched in June 2006, the team has been constantly refining the restrictions (and unrestrictions) for content. On Combine, you could get to Jaggedpine and the Freeport Sewers instances at launch. Doh!

To my eye, the reward for the coyote pelt quest looks way too good for Classic. And based on the data, it was implemented post-Luclin pre-PoP. It maybe should be set to Luclin? Much of the Classic-revamp content was implemented in Luclin / PoP / LoY eras, but was all restricted to PoP for parity.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, I remember how when the Froglok invaded Grobb they had a set of newbie armor & this type of newbie armor was rolled out to multiple races, Ogres got a set at the same time or soon afterwards as I recall. I remember making several new Frogloks & an Ogre at the time & doing those.

So I think the items for all those newbie armors were LoY, but PoP locking them works since on most TLP they unlock LoY alongside PoP now anyway.
  10. Kroh Journeyman

Please show me where I said I expect something that was broken in the past to be allowed now. My issue was the info I found was that this particular quest was marked as original era and that on other TLP's I know it was allowed. I never said it was broken then and as such should be allowed now. I asked specifically if it was a broken loot table issue or if it was on purpouse to block the quest.
    I asked for clarification which Prathun graciously provided.

Perhaps save judgement for the only one that is qualified to judge.

For those saying it was for LoY newbie armor quests it may have been but you could not do those quests on the TLP's I completed the quest on. Those involve a completely different NPC that was rightfully left out at launch of those servers so the armor quests could not even be initiated. This fact is what had me confused as to why it was allowerd earlier and not now.

Again.. Thank you Prathun for the more detailed answer. And Thanks to all who tried to help without trying to twist my post into something it wasn't.