The queue prevents the majority of players with disposable income from playing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shadix, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Thalliius Augur

I'd love if they offered a Platinum Tier All Access membership for like $30/month that lets you just skip the queue and go right in

And maybe a permanent XP boost on your account

make it happen DPG!
  2. Thalliius Augur

hehe 4 figures?

If you took the $5,000 or whatever he might make and divided it by the number of hours it took him to farm everything, he'd probably be making below minimum wage when you get the actual hourly rate
  3. Nordgaren Elder

Yea, if you want to make a lot of money you need to be good with /auc chat in CL.
  4. Lyrical Augur

This is not business sense at all. You are right about the who paid part...........but missing the part about current cash flow. Revenue generated months or longer ago is revenue spent. So lets say a few 1000 krono got purchased by joe and suzy pay to play folks. Those krono are passed around amongst players in game for months and not used. Those krono today help DBG not one iota today. You need folks buying more krono today or paying subs to generate dollars used for running the business today.

To suggest anything else would be to assume that DBG is smart enough to put money away for a rainy day. The fact that the servers continue to fail, the updates suck and take forever, 2 longed planned out progression servers being launched went poorly with one of them being a complete cluster @#$% I would not assume DBG is wise enough to save money.

So the same amount of money for a krono? Yes! The same number of kronos being purchased from dbg with dollars? Not a chance in heck. Do you think those old krono purchases keep this game alive today or do you think its the new ones being purchased that are more important? Easy answer I know........but those of us who will never spend another cent playing because of how this whole thing went with the Que/bs are whats going to hurt the future.
  5. Lyrical Augur

So you really think the money spent to buy a krono isnt used by the company selling until months later when its clicked on in game? Lol........Im sure its the same thing where someone needs to claim a bag too right, or log in on their sub?

I guarantee you that is NOT how it works. The checks are cashed the moment the gaming company has access to do so from krono sales. Generating more krono sales from the game company are the ONLY krono sales that matter to the gaming company.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Lyrical Augur

I think $5 is what RMTers sell them to 3rd party sites wholesale for.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Ahh okay that would make more sense and then they resell for profit, got it.
  8. Kronotowin Elder

If Daybreak was policing resellers at all the price of Kronos should be at least $10. It's pathetic they are going for $5.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

I honestly have no real idea about anything regarding buying or selling kronos. I know that the store sells them for 17.99 USD and I've seen them posted on a few third party sites for $10-13, I think the $5 comes in with people selling to someone to resell like Lyrical said.
  10. Kronotowin Elder

If the Krono resellers are buying for less than 35% of actual Krono sales that means there are tons available. The Twitch streamer I mentioned has been selling Krono RMT every single TLP with no punishment. If Daybreak had the means to detect Krono sales you would see third party sites buying kronos much higher than 35%.
  11. KimchiGoddess Augur

So is it just known that this person is RMTing them or has it been on his stream? Like if there is evidence like that I'd seriously question what they're doing.

Honestly I get it for people in other countries where the value to them is much more than it is here. But I feel like if I was trying to jump into that RMT stuff I'd make less than I do at my actual job. So thanks but no ;p
  12. Lyrical Augur

Why would anyone get in trouble for Krono selling? It is literally what Kronos were made for. A way for the gaming company to profit off of pay for play tactics. Back in 1999 people were selling charred guardian shields on ebay for $15 as fast as they could drop. Sony quickly made a deal with ebay to ban all everquest digital sales. Back when the game still had integrity and was meant to be played by yourself. Then came the 3rd party sites, programs that allowed 1 person to kill raid mobs by cheating an lots of others. Then it turned into a free for all. More cheating than not cheating and there wasnt enough man power, time, money, or desire to stop it.

So what did DBG do? Hey lets get in on this action. We cant sell platinum and game changing gear.........so lets invent kronos. They have to pay us for them but can then trade these kronos for items or platinum. Get it? Dollars = Kronos= Plat or gear. Was really quite brilliant as Kronos are eventually clicked and poof and people willing to pay someone else to play for them will go buy a krono to trade it for someone elses time to acquire plat or items. If they ban the RMTers.......they lose the krono sales.

Think about it why would someone pay $17.99 for a krono to actually use it for a month of gold access? Its cheaper to pay via credit card. The krono is purchased ONLY with intent to trade or sell for ingame items or platinum. Why the heck would DBG care if its resold to a 3rd party site? Or farmed? The whole intent is to get it in the hands of someone who will click it so that more than be purchased for $17.99. RMT is literally promoted by the gaming company.
  13. Sikkun Augur

SoE made Krono not DBG. Wasn’t even their first attempt to get in on the RMT market, EQII had 2 servers with official RMT support before they narrowed it down the the Krono idea.
  14. Sikkun Augur

They don’t make more than people with good jobs. They make more than some people with bad jobs. On the other hand, there is the group of them that make most the RMT automated....that’s passive income while you go to your actual job.
  15. Relentless Insomnia

Don't talk about Bobbybick like that
  16. Zinth Augur

actually the MAJORITY is playing, but you are here whining, you are not the majority ;-)
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

four fig
    four figures? like 1000?
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

Well at the time the majority was AFK and auto clicking/bind looping to stay in game and avoid the queue, so yeah.