Where to lvl at 110?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thac, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Thac New Member

My wife and I have been having a great time leveling our toons together over the past several months. I usually box while she plays a cleric so with mercs we have a full group. We were both very excited when we hit 110 because this meant an abundance of cheap gear upgrades and we finally get to go into the new ToV zones.

I have read ToV can be pretty tough so we started with the EW partisan tasks and we got completely decimated on the second one. ( the task where you need to find orctooth) the restless rygor orc just chews us up, even in full snowbound gear. I know the task and mission achievements are the best way to get xp but are they even possible at 110? Are there other tasks I should be doing? Do we need to go back to GMM?

Any advice would be welcome because we really have no idea what to do at this point. It feels like the only decent xp we have got since hitting 110 has been overseer rewards.
  2. Peter_The_great Elder

Darkened sea or what its called.

Tough mobs but not impossible like the RoS and TBL and ToV ones..
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

The Restless Ry'gorr is a pretty brutal fight compared to the other tasks in ToV. It's doable with a good tank or a good pet tank and enough dps.

Doing ToV mercenary and partisan tasks is the way to go. This will get you at least a few levels. After that, the missions can be done with a full group. I'd say the missions are too hard to duo with boxing and mercs in group gear.

The Darkened Sea is incredibly slow exp at 110+.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

TDS is really slow xp at 110, like mentioned above, but the achievements are worth your time. You mentioned GMM, so does that mean you've done EoK progression/achievements? If you haven't completed EoK then I think that would occupy your time and net you some decent xp. Also, you mentioned your wife plays a cleric, the classes you're boxing could also determine what/where you would do best.
  5. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Btw, don't neglect Overseer... some of the tasks I am doing lately can give 3-4% xp and at 115, that's a lot of xp. Theyre level 4 tasks and its more xp if you can eek out a critical success..
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL. Really, go back 5 expacs? Seems a bit nutty to me.

Many people really like EoK zones, so that's a possibility. Don't have enough experience with RoS to comment, and don't have TBL/ToV yet.

Here's a question for the OP: Where did you go while you were leveling through 108 and 109? That would give people a good data point to base responses on.
  7. Peter_The_great Elder

I manage to go from 114 to 115 thanks to collect all the collectibles in TDS. Quite good rewards in XP and items.

OP can forget TBL and ToV...they will need T3 eq and full lvl 115 party with 35k AA's to manage in those expac's..
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you're only 110, I would grind out that level in GMM (or even EW) so you at least hit 111 and get access to new spells/abilities. If your goal is 115, make sure you're going 100% xp and not wasting any on AA. There will be plenty of time to get the AA once you're 115. Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about ToV tasks until you hit 111...you really don't want to waste the xp from progression on a 110 toon.

Use Overseer to get character xp and collectibles, which give 2% xp for each collection completed. The Research quests give out the most charcter xp I believe. Make sure your mercs are up when you claim the xp rewards so they get xp as well.

Make sure you've been getting your Heroics done via progression in earlier expansions. If not, go back and start with CoTF and do the progression. Then work forward through the expansions. It's boring as hell, but it makes a difference. I know some guilds on Drinal were going back and doing EoK/RoS progression for new members...ask in general chat if there are any open raids/groups that you can join for progression achievements.

If you're in ToV T1 gear, what about your augs? Farm/buy the best augs you can and use TBM curency to fill out your type 5 slots. HH Sebilis is going right now...there are 3 good augs that drop randomly you can use on all of your toons.

If the partisan tasks are a bit tough right now, work on the merc tasks in T1 zones. If you see folks offering free task adds for ToV quests/missions, JUMP ON THAT IMMEDIATELY. Don't be afraid to ask in general if there are any task adds available for ToV...you'd be surprised how many people get through progression without actually doing anything and only taking task adds. The same thing goes for various achievements...if someone is offering a task add to get an achievement, take it if you need it.
    disclose likes this.
  9. Thac New Member

Thanks for the great feedback guys. As for our lvling path so far. After the gribbles ran dry we went to FM then kor sha labs, then ground out 109 in GMM. We were hoping to jump into ToV at this point because as everyone knows grinding is incredibly slow at this level
  10. JeffHanson Augur

That's total overkill for ToV partisan and merc quests. A lot of it can be duoed by 111 toons in Snowbound and GMM gear. Orctooth is a rough one. Group missions are harder.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not to mention he told them to go to TDS, totally skipping over TBM and EoK, and as it turns out, they've already handled EoK pretty well.

For the OP.... simplest approach of all. You've done EoK.... just move to the next expac, RoS.
    disclose likes this.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

+1 for just doing tasks in recent expansions. You'll need to do them eventually anyways for bonus stats. You can knock some of the hunter and collections while your around too.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I'd recommend ignoring the XP and just have fun doing content in the highest expansion you're comfortable with, especially if you haven't seen it yet. I don't know what you've done but it can be a lot of fun to go do progression and complete achievements in TBM/EoK/RoS.

If you're looking for leveling ASAP, find a group that can carry you through progression/missions in ToV. The achievements for doing it the first time provide immense experience. Getting in a group that runs through the 4 missions will give you a couple levels iirc.

Otherwise, GMM is a good place to grind, the Darkness Howls especially.
    Zynt likes this.
  14. Silu Elder

I'm pretty much in the same boat level-wize. We were going to do TBL progression, but would GMM HAs (never done them or been to GMM) be a good use of LotD time? 110/111 wearing ToV T1 visibles and RoS T1-2 non-vis.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Ask if anyone will tank the thing you need tanked for you. There are a lot of people willing to help. It may be hard sometimes to find people to do entire tasks but asking for someone to come real quick to tank a static zone boss is not terribly hard to do. Especially with merc and partisan where you can just kill trash mobs while you look for something to tank.

If you want to grind at 110, anywhere in EoK or RoS that you like is good. TBL is a big step up in mob difficultly and XP, but you can go there if things are working well for you. I'd say go anywhere in RoS except skyfire mountains and camp a named for the XP.

Once you get to 111, move into ToV (unless you can kill trash there sooner). You should always do the overseer XP everyday. As for collections XP, always pick XP, not AA, as 2% XP is a lot more than 15 AA. Even when you get to 115, go to 100% AA XP and always claim collections as regular XP for the buffer. It much faster to buffer on overseer and collections with AA at 100%.

When to claim your collections is a factor of your XP rate. Finishing collections at 114/115 is the same 2% at 110 or 111, but obviously the grinding curve is more favorable at 111 than it is at 114. So if XP is going well for you, then save the collection rewards to finish off 114, but if the XP at 111 is slow then use it on the front end. ToV stuff will get you through 114, but not finish you off. Personally, I am in a raid guild and ToV wasn't too bad so I saved collections rewards for L114. But I remember what it was like before I had such strong armor and friends. Based on what I have read in your posts, it sounds like you should start claiming the 2% collections rewards at 111 (not 110). This might mean more grinding on the tail end but the extra levels might help you finish the tasks sooner, so collection XP upfront might be a net gain. Whatever you decide is great.
  16. birdsong_pawn Augur

Kinda late to answer, but yes, the Darkness Howls mission is great for a LotD burn. Kill the initial orcs and all the orcs in the south area to start.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

"A watched kettle never boils"

Just have fun. Maybe focus on tasks or missions rather than how much XP you'll earn in a given time span.

At 110, you should be able to handle RoS zones like Gorowyn or Sathir's Tomb. Grinding there should be good at your level.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.