Enchanter Nerf Actually 30%

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CabdruTTV, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Idget Lorekeeper

I guess you missed his point lol... Not even going to try and explain it to you...
  2. Genndan New Member

Allzie max hit is unchanged after the patch. However he went from doing 150dps to around 120dps. I'm not actually sure how they've enacted the 20% nerf, but it doesn't seem to be affecting max hit based on the stuff I've charmed thus far.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Great to see the amazing enchanter himself dropping words of "wisdom" in this thread.

Such a "smart" comment

You're so very "Knowledgeable" on the subject
  4. Angered Augur

so what i am hearing is that this monster is still a better tank then a warrior and out dpses nearly all melee classes? / everyone?

also yes remove CH from the game its time
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

I heard they reduced the attack speed of the charmed mob.
  6. C3lowz Augur

Correct me if I am wrong here, or not understanding it correctly. But from what i see, they mentioned in the patch notes a 20% reduction to damage. I believe it is more than fair to assuming a 20% reduction in damage would equate to their damage output. Considering equal leveled mobs post nerf are showing signs of a greater than 20% reduction to their damage, seems alarming.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

They actually can't remove complete heal from the game without redoing everything. I don't see them putting in the development time for that, or even having the time to spare. Every raid encounter is tuned for it for several expansions. Also, they did nerf it once, back when people started getting to 10k hps. If they were to remove complete heal, no raid encounter would be doable until, at the minimum, Luclin or PoP. I don't see many people playing if they can't raid for the first nine months of the game.
  8. Kiaro Augur

People complaining that their charm pet raw damage went down by more than 20% have no idea how NPC damage is calculated in EQ. Chances are the 20% reduction is 20%, but is double dipping on the Base and Multiplier. Its 20% as far as the system is concerned, its more than 20% raw because you're not looking at the calculated field.

Also, you guys are basing your max damage figures off of max level Rock golems, and then pointing at your charm pet which is 3 levels lower going SEE ITS A BIGGER NERF WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Like the additional melee round it takes for that pet to kill another NPC is going to break your experience.
    Thalliius likes this.
  9. Dyzalot Augur

I agree. But "max damage" doesn't equal "dps". Also as explained above, another poster tested on a different mob and saw no difference in "max damage" but did see the 20% drop in DPS. Only way to test is parse and see what the change in DPS is, not the max that a charm pet can hit for.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I'm just glad the impact is modest enough that it's around 20%. After the EXP fiasco I was afraid they'd reduce charmed mob damage by 2000% and heal the mob they were attacking.
  11. Sikkun Augur

Nerfing it would be stupid, but you don’t have to run a CHeal rotation on most classic raids (probably not any). Any of the ones that DT and Fear a chain is already pointless.
  12. Thalliius Augur

Man Enchanters are worthless now

Let me go down the list of reasons why:
    1. Their pet has 3-4x as much HPs as a raid tank
    2. After nerf, they still do more DPS than any other class in Everquest, including DPS classes

If you're playing as Enchanter, might as well Delete your character and start over as a Rogue or something. Send me all your stuff first tho to hold while you make a new toon, don't want you to lose anything! /wink
    Cydonia likes this.
  13. Zansobar Augur

Baby steps, give DPG time to properly balance the class. This is just the first step.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Don't hold your breath. This move was nothing more than throwing the complainers a bone.
  15. Rebelicious Augur

Imagine playing a rogue and charmed pets out dps you by a mile... so groups just grab a second enchanter, and no one ever thinks to invite a rogue (lol dps class).
  16. Kiaro Augur

I'd grab a rogue over an enchanter anyday! (ofc I'm a nice guy with a soft spot for the underdog)
    Pikles likes this.
  17. yerm Augur

Imagine deliberately making a piss poor dps class and expecting strangers to lower their experience in order to invite you, so you can satisfy... what? Some roleplay desire to be called a rogue? Be unique and different like a cowboys fan in the middle of new york city? Scoop up rotting loot? Rather than just making a dps class that actually does decent dps.

Why should anyone be sympathetic towards people who knowingly choose to play a class that will contribute significantly less to the group of other people they want to play with?
    That0neguy and Tucoh like this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Absolutely savage.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Since you're the 3rd no nothing player that said it. All Rock Golems have the same max hit while charmed.
  20. Bard2019 Elder

this is okay. They could probably stand to do a 40% or 50% reduction in damage and still do more DPS than any other classes in era, from classic through Luclin.