Aradune -- nothing in patch notes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 17, 2020.

1. bloodbeard Elder

Thank you for this post, Mepps.
  2. trashmemes Lorekeeper

Sure I won't, until next March when DBG tells EQ fans that the game will be discontinued due to lost revenue because of how bad they have alienated the playerbase.
  3. Ishbu Augur

I really dont want to play the defender here, but there were issues that came up with the server merges just before launch of the new servers.

The new servers(specifically Aradune as likely the highest population server) have had issues from day 1.

It really shouldnt be hard to put 2 and 2 together and see that yes, this is a relatively new issue that has come up they are still working on.

I also dont believe its Mepps primary responsibility to be the one informing us a bit about what is going on. Im going to be happy with the new communication for a few days and if nothing is resolved then, hope that a lesson has been learned and we will be kept in the loop better
  4. Moranis Augur

Sweet Jesus, can you guys just come out and say this the first time? Almost everyone that plays this game anymore is a grown adult. Thank you.
    Vinlail likes this.
  5. Sikkun Augur

You guys said it died in 2004.
  6. scaethach Scholar

At least we know not to resub. What a waste of time and money
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

That wasn't the question - it was "at launch" I responded based on launch.
  8. Vampirio New Member

Well this is extremely discouraging..... Took a GREAT TRIP down memory lane with 12+ Buddies but TBH if a new server isn't on the table then the queues won't be getting "That much" better. Lets be honest. There are currently during peak times 245 minute queues. I've been writing it down each day for the past 2 weeks. Great game. Absolute disaster launch and we trust your judgement on server stability but a second server WOULD NOT SPLIT THE PLAYER BASE because All 12 of us unsubbed today as a result of no new server because none of us have been able to play. (Each of us with 2 accounts). The player base that was in it for "Fun" will flat out quit.
    Very awkward that you'd rather lose subs and players than make a second server.
    I'm telling you that people are not going to plan their ENTIRE DAY around queuing and checking 3 hours later to see if they're in. The lack of a new server will cause a large player base to quit and it is such a shame. Anyways, fun trip down memory lane but WOW will we all not be coming back to this.
  9. trashmemes Lorekeeper

You lost me at "you guys."
  10. Jerek New Member

Mepp, has there been internal discussion on adding a feature that lets you bypass the queue if you crash from the game? It already knows you are logged in when this happens.

Also, why not add a position in queu and actual estimated time on the login screen?
    Dijz likes this.
  11. kit74 Lorekeeper

Well to be honest is it dead nope..is it health nope....it's on life support
    That's for sure..now will it be going on for years to come yea...but with it more and more turning in to maintenance mode
  12. Ishbu Augur

Read the post man. The servers population is capped lower than it should be, not because so many people want to play but some other larger issue. Remember how all servers, not just eq, but ALL servers went down on Rizlona/Aradune launch day?

The post all but said that would happen again with another server that would also have to be merged back in at a point, which this issue they havent solved yet, also affected server merges the week before new server launch.

TLDR; Launching another server recreates every issue we just experienced from launch all over again, its not a simply high population issue
  13. Citadel New Member

How hard is it to just log in several hours before you want to play? I get in the queue at around 3PM EST to play at around 5 or 6 pm and do other things in the meantime like play other games, watch youtube, prep dinner, etc.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Might want to edit that into your post so folks can see it better to manage expectations. I personally don't need a new server so soon (although new servers are always fun) and think that launching a new server at this point in Aradune's life isn't going to do what everyone wants it to do (unless, when announced, the definite merger date is also announced).

I am happy either way though. I like Everquest.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Alright just wanted to pop a quick update in this thread before I post in other locations.
    Some of the fixes that were put in have solved some of the underlying issues Mepps mentioned in their previous posts so we've raised the population cap slightly to a point we're comfortable with. This won't eliminate the queue at this time but you should see some changes to it.
    Vinlail, Jontrann, bloodbeard and 2 others like this.
  16. Geshp New Member

The irony of fixing the client crashes is that its probably how half the spots were opening up for people to log in.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Mashef Augur

Have you considered GoDaddy for your server needs?
  18. Tewts New Member

Yesterday at 12:00 Noon PST the queue was 240 minutes. Today its gonna be 239 minutes. Bravo guys, your doing gods work. You guys should be embarrassed.
  19. kit74 Lorekeeper

Ok, explain how as a truck driver I am supposed to login at 1500 while driving down the interstate...it's not one size fits all my dude
  20. BETA99 New Member

It is really sickening how people talk to each other. These forums are not ment to be a dumping ground. The whole reason the forums exist is to better the community in the long run through voices of many on there opinions. It is not ment to belittle, badger, or try to slander. Every one who enjoys this game will come to the forums and will likely read what you have to say. This dosnt mean you need to act out of line and out of anger to get your point across. This is only a game. A fun social game be it. But this is not the way to go about talking to other people. You can get your opinion across in a better way by just plain and simple saying. "As much as I enjoy this game I can not continue to support it at this time do to various issues of game crashes and overpopulation" and leave it at that. Numbers alone speak volumes. They are very aware of the issues at hand. Nothing is ever instantly fixed. Just be patient. Please.
    Dijz likes this.