I have killed the Ghoul Sage 15+ times...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nordgaren, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Nordgaren Elder

No Runed Cowl...
  2. Arog Augur

Oh you didn't get the memo? They said in order to be fair to all the customers waiting in the queue who don't get a chance to kill the ghoul sage the Runed Cowl will be removed from the drop table until there is no more daily queues.
    Thalliius, Nordgaren, Dyzalot and 3 others like this.
  3. Protagonist Tank

4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If the RNG could speak it would do so in a haughty & slightly aristocratic voice with an intensely mocking tone:

RNG laughs out loud, "this is EverQuest not some pez-dispenser MMO!"

"Only people you don't like will hit the RNG jackpot, you my friend will suffer out-levelling the content you were camping before you will ever see your heart's desire."

Fifteen you say....a paltry effort, come back & complain when you killed the beast thrice this many or more.
    Vinlail, Gio1999 and Elsewhere like this.
  5. Moforyguy Elder

Just buy it. Camp a couple evil eye bags and buy a runed cowl and never camp it again lol.
  6. Tucoh Augur

If it makes you feel better, at 21% chance of dropping, 15 straight kills without has a 2.9% chance of happening. Sucks to be you, bud.

https://eq.magelo.com/npc/39743
    Nordgaren likes this.
  7. Elsewhere Elder

I went 0 for 36 while camping Orc Trainer for the Shiny Brass Shield.
    Then spent the same amount of time in Unrest and got 7 levels instead.

Zaide (On stream) was camping a mob in Highpass and got 175 Place-holders in a row, and got his mob on spawn 176.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  8. brickz Augur

just get your planar helmet?
  9. Tucoh Augur

Recommendation to people: Play the game to have fun.

Except maybe for epic quest items and a few others, there aren't that many camps out there that you really need to persist in after the game stops being fun. You might want to get that Runed Cowl and if you go spend an evening and kill it ~6 times you'll probably get it. But if you don't and start to wonder what you're doing with your life, go do something else. You can buy the Runed Cowl or get a different head slot item. And at the end of the day, that 80 or whatever mana isn't going to make a big difference anyway.

When I follow this advice, I enjoy gaming much more.
  10. Kiaro Augur

TFW People camp gear when you can literally clear planes with only your tanks in any sort of gear.
    First Fear/Hate runs most of our int casters (and some clerics) were wearing cloth with cracked staffs. Just saying.
  11. Nordgaren Elder

I've killed Sage about 6 times in an evening the third day I camped him. The first time I camped him he spawned once in 6 hours.
  12. Nordgaren Elder

It's a good thing that DZs aren't locked out for a week and Open World Hate isn't camped by one guild all the time.
  13. Kiaro Augur

Hate/Fear spawns picks FYI, my guild (who are quite casual) have taken groups up into the OW planes multiple times and been able to get loot, IDK why people find this as a hard concept, there isn't ONE GUILD dominating the OW planes. Don't like it - head up there and spawn a new pick and compete for pulls. They haven't trained us yet or any other shady tactics that you seem to be afraid of.
  14. Dyzalot Augur

I've gotten all my Hate gear except for BP, one bracer and boots. I am not a part of whatever guild you are referencing so not sure what you are talking about. In fact when I was up there a few days ago, there were 2 picks going, one of which only had one group in it.
  15. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

On a serious note, Rizlone drops rate feel whacked. Last time I played progression was on Ragefire/Lockjaw. On Rizlona, you get the common drop 99.9999% of the time. What happened to the name dropping nothing? It's weird. Did they do this because they didn't want the market to be flooded with rares on a boxed server?

Somebody was complaining they had 24 moonstone rings in a row camping frenzy the other day. I had a similar experience camping ghoul lord. Skull-shaped barbutes for days...

I just gave up and bought my two yaks for 1krono each. Maybe the people selling rares in commonlands are actually DP employees boosting krono sales lol.
  16. Machen New Member

2 fbss so far, I've had a bunch of moonstone rings but less than 24. Same on yaks, and mith 2hers, and djarn's rings. Ratios have been similar to previous TLP's. Think you just hit a bad stretch on the RNG.
  17. Nordgaren Elder

We literally went up both nights and two pics. One was completely camped, the other was picked clean of all the Priests and Revenants. I you not.
  18. Corydon Coles Elder

I killed 100 Evil Eyes trying to get a manastone... Took screenshots on each to prove...
    I did not get one... top that
    Vinlail and Nordgaren like this.
  19. Gremin Augur

I had some pretty epic camps over the years including Raster. Got my FBSS on Rizlona after 2 round of spawns this time.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Welcome to the RNG. My character has seen 4 Thick Banded Belts, 3 FBSS, 7 SSOY, and 1 SMR (plus all of the commons) drop while in groups in Lower Guk. He has only won an SSB helmet in that same time.
    In fact, I've only won that SSB, Jagged Band, and Blood-Stained Tunic for magical gear for his entire life on the server.

It's RNG. It happens. Just have to keep trucking along. Sometimes you just need to buy the item itself if you want it badly enough with some platinum.
    Vinlail and Nordgaren like this.