Fixed Internally Rizlona: Spell: Summon Corpse

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Takhizis, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Takhizis Journeyman

2. Takhizis Journeyman

3. Prathun Developer

Verified. Created ticket for this.
    Thanks for letting us know!
    Takhizis likes this.
  4. Imukai Augur

The mid-level summon corpse has been lv 255 for a long time. This isn't new to Rizlona. There was discussions that it was nerfed due to some exploit with it - but it certainly left a gap between the low level corpse summon and the upper 50s one.
  5. Szinga New Member

From what I understood this was changed on purpose to prevent corpse summoning fuckery in sky during classic. Am I incorrect, Prathun?
  6. Kiaro Augur

With what goal in mind? To stall progress for 1 more week, or force guilds to split Sky raids into 24 (when the bosses in sky are harder than anything in Kunark)
  7. Prathun Developer

I'm not sure. It seems likely that it was intended that they were removed. But if so, the spell scroll items shouldn't drop anymore.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Well, it also prevents one keyed necro from another guild coming in and just bypassing any islands you feel like skipping. It makes sense that we shouldn't be able to do that. That said, it would be a much better solution to just disable summon corpse spells in Plane of Sky rather than just removing the spell completely, but /shrug
  9. Takhizis Journeyman

That prevention goes away with Kunark when the lv55 corpse summon works. So your argument is kind of moot.

Plus, the amount of time it would take for a necro or 3 to summon an entire raid up is huge and you would need a cleric or pally to be keyed to rez as well. Not to mention those necros would have needed to be in a guild in the first place to get keyed up to whatever island so it would be make more sense for said guild to just invis up through the previous islands anyways.

I do not know what the reason was for the spell being broken in the first place. I do not need to know. I just want my spell to be fixed.
  10. Szinga New Member

The difference is the amount of keys that drop. If you're only doing the instanced version in classic, you can't kill the eye your first time up as you can only get a max of 24 players up to that island due to limited drops. If you could corpse summon you could summon all the unkeyed players and kill the eye your first time through. This seemed to be unintended so it was prevented.
  11. phaeril Augur

The fix is not to make it not drop, the fix is to give necros back the ability to summon corpses 35-50 in classic. Intended mistakes are still mistakes. Developers of today have the power to address the over corrections of the past. Fix it, or at least stop ignoring it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-corpse-requires-lvl-255.266335/#post-3915586

Classic - Lesser Summon Corpse - Max Level: 35/50
    Kunark - Conjure Corpse - Max Level: 70/60 (covers until TSS)
    Serpent's Spine - Exhumer's Call - Max Level: 75/75

From there they get a new one with every level cap increase.

It's not as though this is some gap that existed in classic, you guys have broken the summon corpse line. It is a line of spells, that allowed for summoning corpses, and you stole the ability for necros to do that for 3 months on corpses over 35. It's stupid and it should not take multiple threads and 2 years for you to address it.
    Tiane likes this.
  12. Hegsheoshed Augur

Ekim Nottap should appear with a horde of angry bunnies and kill the players on islands without the appropriate key and then kill everyone else just because they probably deserved it or good measure. That would be a better fix.