296min que...Why pay for premium server and not get premium service?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demondred, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Demondred New Member

: (
    Shibbyrhcp likes this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Yea this is beyond ridiculous.

I remember a week ago when we were saying it was the worst launch ever and all the white knights were posting reddit threads of 9 days after Ragefire opened and people complaining about 50 minute queues.

Well, were 18 days in and the queue on my screen is....5 hours....

Yep, worst launch ever...

The saddest part...Ragefire at 9 days and 50 min queues got another server...Aradune, lol...

Honestly, this is absolutely crazy. I haven't been able to log into EQ and play since last Tuesday as a working person. We were talking about starting up a new raiding guild, how can I even do that if I can't even get into the game? Whats the point of getting to 50 if once your there you cant even log in to raid unless your unemployed or furloughed?

Ive been posting on these forums since the first day they went active 14 years ago and for the FIRST time I am almost done with EQ. My patience for Sony, Daybreak, and now Darkpaw has been very high and even I have white knighted them in the past, but the way they have handled Aradune is absolutely the worst thing I have seen on these forums in 14 years...
  3. Demondred New Member

Same here. I work ~7am to ~5pm and have been playing this game since March 1999. I haven't been able to do anything the past couple weeks. I have faith. I'm sure that they will do whats right for the players.
  4. Pawtato Augur

These forums weren't around 14 years ago.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Nice, Your right, they changed the forum server years ago. But the TLP forum has been around since 2006 when Sleeper/Combine launched...I was there, day 1. Good ol' Akanon Strike Force...
    Malachi and Pawtato like this.
  6. Elindal New Member

At what point do they communicate with their subscribers? No communication, generally means they have no good no leadership, no actionable direction and no intention of making positive change any time soon.

This is terrible.
    Niwanif likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/news-and-announcements.2/
    3 different communications in the last 2 weeks in this section. Also can check discord server, there have been some people in there chatting with the group from time to time.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Elindal New Member

Wow! 3 whole communications, while on fire. “We are working on stuff, be patient, we understand it’s frustrating.” No estimations, no plan, no real communication. Sorry, nope. This is crap. Tweak, if you think this is acceptable, then I think you probably work for dark paw.
    Niwanif, Wassari and Trevalon like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I don't work for darkpaw.
    I never said it was acceptable.
    I was pointing out that there have been communications where you felt there was 0. 3>0. Is it enough? Apparently not for everyone. *shrug*
  10. Elindal New Member

Yeah, you work for dark paw. Defending their crap posts like it’s communication. Tell your bosses this isn’t working. Tell us what’s going on and your current plans good or bad.
    Niwanif, Wassari and Gio1999 like this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Oh you caught me. I said I didn't but by pointing out your hyperbole about ZERO communication I outed myself. /s
    Elsewhere likes this.
  12. Megazen Elder

The dumb thing is, it's so easy to fix, and they've actually done it in the past with additional servers. In this day an age, a server is not a big expense, I can't imagine they aren't losing more money by people un-subbing than it would cost them. It's not just the un-subbing either, it's the money that you are tempted to spend in game when you are actually playing. They have to make a ton of money on bags and pots.

/shrug. It's hard not to assign some nefarious motive to this. If they aren't doing this as some kind of last gasp desperate cash grab, customers be damned, it's very easy to feel like that's what is happening.

I was really looking forward to Aradune, the rare times I have been able to log on have been laughably bad in terms of lag/zoning etc. Even when it's "working", it's not working. This is one of 2 things. 1. Incredible ineptness. 2. Knowing rip off. I've been playing EQ since release, and have often been a champion of the game, but this is hard to justify.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There has been communications, there is a patch on Wednesday. Time will tell if their fixes in that do much to help the current situation.
  14. Kiaro Augur

I'll tell Kalbane you said hi!
  15. Elsewhere Elder

So, your logic is:
    If you don't agree with me, you must work for Darkpaw.

Right....
  16. Creedmonk Augur

I spent just under 6 hours in the queue last night, got online and realized how late it was and logged off.

A+ 10/10 service happy to donate my money.
    Demondred and Wassari like this.
  17. Stune Augur

Last night experience for me from 3:45pm on
    [IMG]
    Demondred and Wassari like this.
  18. Azzudien Augur

Its become a Saturday or Sunday only game for me at this point. Anyone who works normal daily schedule cannot come home at 5 or 6 and play.
    I played yesterday for the first time in a week because I logged in at 8:00am Eastern with no queue.
    Was in a really great group in CT, but we had 2 people crash at different times and we immediately looked for replacements because there was no chance of those people coming back.

Its beyond stupid at this point that they have not come up with a solution be it another server or increasing server capacity and stability.
    Demondred and KimchiGoddess like this.
  19. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I know this idea will get %!&^ on. As it allways does. But a large number of the folks complaining about Q's on Aradune, could have leveled to 50's on Mangler during their downtime using the xp bonus. I've logged on Aradune, it is just as toxic as Mangler ever was, just as much rmt. And the GM's are scheduled to leave as Velious drops.

Play where you want, but the latest Daybreak krono sale server obviously cant handle it's population, and they are not going to magically fix it for you. The Q's could be shortened if a few of you would think outside the box. Or do you really want to pay 2krono for an fbss that badly. Manglers only a little over a year old, we aren't that top-heavy yet.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Alternatively if you really really really want Classic, Rizlona is the same as Aradune in every way except they let you play multiple characters on 1 pc instead of 2 box truebox. Maybe it's not the filet or lobster, but it's hardly catfood.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.