Bring back the LAG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Trevalon Augur

5 minute zoning and 1 minute tells > 5 hour queues.
    Trey and Aylion like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Go back a few pages in the forum history and you'll find dozens of threads of "Bring back the Queue!" 4 hours in line is better than 5 minute zoning and 1 minute tells. Neither are good, neither is better or worse than the other for every person.
  3. Trevalon Augur

Neither is better or worse? Sorry, one allows everyone to get on and play EQ, the other only allows unemployed or furloughed to play.

Yes, one is better than the other...
    Kastore likes this.
  4. Malachi Augur

The previous iteration without queue did not allow me to play EQ (in Aradune server).
  5. C3lowz Augur

During peak hours you could not play at all without the Que.

It wasn't just slow zoning or lag, you were stuck in zoning until you forcefully closed your client. Afterwords the "World Server" was down despite it not actually being down. It was like this for players attempting to get in after the servers got absolutely hammered.

Believe it or not, the que is actually better.
  6. Trevalon Augur

So with the lag you could not physically log into Aradune and play everquest? Because everyone I know could...Sure it took a while to get anywhere but you COULD log in and you COULD play. Right now there are huge amounts that cant even log in period.

Your hyperbole is showing...

Last week me and all my friends got on eveyr single night, took 20 minutes to get where we were going and played EQ every single night. Since the queue is back only 1 of us has been able to get into aradune and thats cause hes a teacher and can log in at 2pm cause schools out.
    Kastore likes this.
  7. Malachi Augur

Many have said this many times Trevalon. But you keep metaphorically plugging your ears. I could log in. But then I would either crash to desktop shortly after (does this sound familiar?) or I would try and zone (because there's only so much you can do at your spell vendor right?) and crash or freeze until you are forced to close your client.
    So if your argument is I could log in and run circles around town waiting to crash to desktop soon after, then you are quite right. But then again, your hypocrisy would be showing now wouldn't it?

Not only that, but as C3lowz mentions, it was affecting ALL of Everquests servers. Not just one server.

I'm so sorry the straw man you've been propping up about 10 minute zone times and chat lag wasn't representative of the broader population. It was much worst.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

You say this as someone who can't get on. Ask that guy who is bragging in another thread about being on for 16+ hours today which is better for him.
  9. Trevalon Augur

But if you got dropped when you zoned, could you log back in and keep going? I bet you could get right back in because there was no queue....drop at the next zone...log back in...drop at the next zone...log back in...and poof your at your zone and once your were in a zone there was no lag.

Right now, if you drop while zoning (which btw, is still happening to a huge population so the queue doesnt seem to be helping much anyway) you get to wait in a...wait for it...5 hour queue just to try to zone again.
  10. C3lowz Augur

You're either lying, or you did not play during the hours the issues of once you loaded, you couldn't play.

Once you were ingame and in the zone, even when the log in server crap'd out you could play fine. As soon as you zoned though, you were done until peak hours ended. You were indefinitely zoning. No matter how long it took, the only way out of it was a force client close, and not able to get back in until the log in server was up.

Here are some threads of people even asking for the Que back

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/logon-server-is-down.267644/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/who-else-almost-misses-the-queue.267643/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-zoning-times.267596/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/straight-up-unplayable.267642/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/yet-another-aradune-server-problem.267630/

There are loads more, this is just what I felt like sharing.

Seems to be a pattern, Que is in, no one likes it. Que is off, people want the Que back :rolleyes:
  11. Trevalon Augur

And that guy should be investigated by GMs because he is using 3rd party software to circumvent the AFK timer. He should be suspended.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

What if he's not? Some people can and do play for 16 hours striaght (doesn't sound fun or comfortable to me, but it happens)
  13. Trevalon Augur

Your right, maybe hes not, but he SHOULD be investigated. Maybe hes totally legit, but anyone claiming to play non stop for 16 hours deserves to at least be looked at.
  14. Tinuva New Member

Ive been in q wih my account and my sons account both for over 5 hours now still havent been in game today
  15. Trizek Augur

The que is better, by far. Both have their issues.

With the Que in, you can play problem free. However if you Crash, or decide to log in during Peak hours, well enjoy the 4-6 hour wait. Once you're in though (assuming you don't crash) you're playing problem free.

Without the Que you could play just fine as long as you did not zone. Tells, chat messages take minutes, if they even go through at all, and the main problem, you can't zone. If you zone, well congratulations you're unable to play until the server dies out. If you're lucky enough to find a party and maintain the camp with no deaths, you could play just fine not counting the delayed messages. But lets be honest, you're going to zone a lot.

My opinion? The que is by far better.
  16. Malachi Augur

I tried this. Man did I try this. I spent an hour trying to get out of a zone one night. When I logged back in I was stuck in the same zone! It was like groundhogs day dark elf edition.

Again, I'm sorry but it just wasn't the way it was anecdotally for you and your friends. I don't like the queue either. But some of your responses are just in total bad faith.

To be fair though, if I logged in the morning it was just zone lag and chat lag at most. But anywhere close to prime time (where most of us have time to play) it was unplayable.
  17. Trevalon Augur

I dunno man, everyone I know and everyone in my guild got to play last week...laggy yes, zoning took froever yes, but we all got in and we all got to play.

Since Tuesday, less than half my guild has been able to get into the game and most are just quiting. And we were all playing DURING primetime, once you were in the zone you were gonna go to there was almost 0 lag last week. We went from 26 to 44 during Primetime with 0 lag once we were in the zones we were going to.

So let me see you spent an hour playing groundhog, an hour? Sure is a long time...nothing like the 5 hours were sitting in now ...
  18. Ishbu Augur

Im currently looking at another 3 hours or so before I get through this queue, but its still better than the zone and chat lag.

Every single day with that horrid lag and no queue there came a time where all players zoning crashed, and then there was a period of time of an hour to 2 hours where you would get stuck in a character select back to server select loop and not able to log in.

At least with the queue you get to go do something else. The lag added up to the same total amount of wasted time but I had to be actively working through it the whole time
  19. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

Can't we all agree on one thing? Some like the queue, some like the lag. End of story...
  20. Malachi Augur

Nope. And you laid out why. You called it lag while others would call it crashing and freezing.
    Some call it a line in which it forces them to plan around their play time, others call it literally unplayable because of their life schedule.

We can't all agree because time and time again most posters are super hyper detailed about how it affects them and cannot fathom how it would be different to someone else.

Those someone elses must not have a job, or good internet, or a family, or running illegal bots...or this....or that.
    A true dumpster fire needs these levels of ignorance. A true dumpster fire is what we have.