a skyfire drake for "A Simple Task: Level 50"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is there some trick to getting these things to spawn? So far I have killed the two other types of drakes (skycinder and skyash) without any success. The ranger I am using is 52 so it can't slaughter wholesale, but I have been at it for a bit and nothing even though I continue to move around the zone while I kill the drakes. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in a advance.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

There are some Teek hotzone tasks where it is clear that the devs simply threw a dart at a map of the zones and then randomly picked a mob from that zone...the Skyfire task is one of those (Arthicrex being another one).

My advice is to just skip this task when it's in rotation.

Otherwise, if you really want to do it, just pick a spot in the middle of the zone and kill everything that comes your way. Hopefully, you may kill enough placeholders to get the mobs you need to spawn.

Or bring a tracker.

Or have a high level player come in and wipe out the zone to get the mobs to respawn faster.

But really, I would just skip this zone task and simply grind here as normal (if the xp is good).
    Tarvas likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

IIRC they are in the bottom of the crater. They do not fly around in the timber on the mountains, I wasted a lot of time hunting them up there.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think you may be describing The Burning Woods. This task is in Skyfire. I should have mentioned the zone. Thank you though.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lava is Lava. ;) They are in the lava or flying very close to it. /shrug
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Cidran Augur

Another "cursed" task is Silyssar, New Chelsith one. I think it's level 80. You need to kill five shissar arcanists located on the floating temples which you can't access unless you are up to a lot of work.

No clue why these still exist to be honest, if they are impossible to fix just delete them and clone anything from the other rotations.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It took a couple of days, but I zoned in today and there were like 10 up. Either someone went in and slaughtered the place or some change happens.