There is something really unprecedented

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deadshade, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

So much this.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Leoden New Member

I agree there is no scam, but they did advertise a service and said you had to subscribe in order to get that service. People didn't subscribe to play on live or some other server.

If you pay for something and you don't get it, the natural response is to be upset about it. I am confused how that could be insulting to someone playing on another server. Let people express their frustration with the service they paid for.
    Aenvar likes this.
  3. Dmitry Elder

252 Minutes. LOL It's a 21 year old game and it has a queue time of 4 hours and 12 minutes.

That's pretty insane.
  4. Senlronia Lorekeeper

Waited 5 hours, got in, joined a BR group, game crashed (no error, just straight to Desktop) now i'm back in queue 246 min avg wait time
  5. Rebelicious Augur

I played on Agnarr from launch day 1. I played on Coirnav from launch day 1. Aradune is a whole new level of dumpster fire... you can only play on it during the weekdays, and then barely with a lot of instability... because during weekends your simply endlessly spending hours looking at the queue... when you get in, it's brief and you crash within 10-20 minutes only to end up back in another 3-4 hour queue. It's unplayable... and that is not true of any other TLP server or launch that I know of. No one is saying Rizlona is "wrong." But it's an entirely different ruleset from what Aradune players are looking for. We want to join groups not bring our own. That said, I played original EQ from original Kunark, I beta tested EQ2 and am the farthest thing from a TLP tourist. You aren't speaking any kind of truth, because you have no understanding or clue about how people cannot even play on Aradune during peak times. What other server are YOU in for 6 hour queues still waiting to play? (I'm still in queue, it's 11:20pm and I have 2.5 more hours to go since last CTD).
    The unpleasant truth is DBG is incompetent and Aradune, 2 weeks after launch is an unplayable dumpster fire... and the fanbois need to step th f off.
    I want to see what YOUR attitude is like after spending 6 hours still waiting to play a damn game you pay a sub for... 2 weeks after the dumpster fire launch.
  6. Machen New Member

They never advertised, "If you subscribe you can play on Aradune!!!!?!"
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  7. Name2 Augur

Hottcakes likes this.
  8. Machen New Member

code-zero and Skuz like this.
  9. Name2 Augur

Lol, what does the or have to do with anything? It's saying that both servers have the same requirement, which is solely having an All Access membership.
    Nazzu likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

No, it's not. It's saying that you can play on one, or the other, but not both at the same time. Since all access has been a thing, you have never been able to play on more than one server at once with your sub. Currently, you can log on to Rizlona right this moment with no queue. They don't need to give you access also to Aradune. You failed to read the fine print.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Rothj Augur

You can defend it on legality, sure. In reality it's very poor business practice and bad pr and people have every right to complain.
  12. Machen New Member

I"m not defending it on legality. I'm defending it on reality. If you argue against what they are doing here, your argument may be righteous and just, but you are still going to lose in the real world we all live in.
    Malachi likes this.
  13. Rothj Augur

This is a business. If people hate your company and your product, are they more or less likely to buy the collector's edition of your next shiny expansion? Use some logic yourself.
  14. Machen New Member

If history is any guide, the answer to this is not what you think it is. People can the company and still spend lots of $$ on the company's shiny's because they love the product.
  15. Rothj Augur

And I guarantee this server is doing a good job making people not want to come back for the next tlp.
  16. Xeris Augur

People claiming that they can't play or that the game isn't available are just wrong. There are THOUSANDS of people who are playing on Aradune every day. I had a 2.5 hour que this morning so I went out and did some errands and housecleaning and cooked food, exercised, took a shower, and was ready to go. Played a few hours and crashed... So I just went to watch movies. Was I annoyed? A little bit. Is it ruining my life that I can't play EQ tonight? Not really.

I understand that dealing with these ques is frustrating , and I don't think anyone is actually defending Darkpaw by saying "this is a good level of service." It's not.

However, you as a consumer have a choice. You can say "this isn't acceptable," and go away and stop paying, and institute chargebacks if you want your money back... Or you decide that you're willing to put up with it and keep playing.

Further, if you decide on the latter and opt to keep playing, you can either sit and stare at your computer screen hoping the que will move faster, get pissed off,ale angry forum posts, OR you can be chill and just do other while you wait. I'm choosing the latter.

Main point here tho is that while people's complaints and frustrations are valid, the claims of the server being "unavailable" are simple wrong. The server is not down. It's working, it just has a long line to get in.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Rothj Augur

Here is the key problem as to why it's ridiculous - normal working adults who work till 6pm can't play the game. People laid off due to coronavirus or working from home or true no life degenerates are fine. Pretty much every guild raids at 7 or 8pm so this is a HUGE problem for anyone wanting to raid that has any sort of life outside of the game.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

RemindMe! 1 year.

They will come back. The server launch will have issues. People will rage. It will smooth out eventually. Nothing will change.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Malachi Augur

Well said.

Although the counter argument would be the crash to desktop issues. I, myself haven't experienced them. Once my number is called, I'm in the game and stable until I decide to log off for the night for sleep.

But in order to troubleshoot, the community would need to communicate with eachother the similarities and differences between the two groups experiencing different outcomes from the same server (once they are in game).
    Given the hostility, I can only hope the community gets what they want in terms of another server because these forums sure aren't going to help each other in any sort of technical capacity.

Even as I type this someone has responded pretty much implying anyone actually able to play is somehow a no life unemployed degenerate. It is quite the dumpster fire.
    Aenvar and code-zero like this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sadly it is. And any other discussion thats not "ZOMG I NEED ARADUNE DONT EVEN SUGGEST RIZLONA IT HAS HAXXOR BOX RAID BOTS OMG ARADUNE DPG YOU SUCK" gets buried in dozens of pages of noise. If nothing else I'd like them to fix the server so these forums and discord can go back to being places to discuss things instead of non stop mouth frothing rage.
    Skuz and yepmetoo like this.