How is crashing into queues better than slow chat?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trance, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Malachi Augur

This is what people are trying to say though. For some, it was alot more than 3 min zone time. For me personally, it was a game freeze. No 20 minute zone in wait time...no hour zone in wait...100% game freeze. So as I do understand the frustration of the current queue (i have to wait in line like everyone else), I think its understandable how DPG wanted to mitigate the fall out of the queue rather than mitigate the fall out of the previous no queue state.

Should they open another server? Absoultely!
    Is that the best business and technical decision for them? They obviously think not for better or worst.

Hopefully the outrage of a weekend full of not happy customers changes that decision. I would guess even people not crashing at all with this queue (me) don't want this to be anything but VERY temporary.
  2. Firesyde424 Journeyman

I tend to prefer the queue times to being stuck in Nektulos for several hours, unable to zone to CL or LS, Unable to Origin.
    Trowx likes this.
  3. Dyzalot Augur

I disagree. Right now I am in that three hour queue. I can watch a movie, make dinner, do laundry, etc all while waiting. Then I know once in, I can enjoy playing instead of not being able to get any groups because it takes an hour to get from Kaladim to solb. I can't plan around random crashes and hour long trips to get to a pug. And as for raiding, try planning on getting a raid force to a zone all while it takes people 5-10 minutes to zone, half the force is randomly crashing and it takes a minute or two just to move someone into a group. This whole thing sucks. There is no good solution that is feasible right now. But I'd rather wait in line to get onto a stable server as opposed to no line on to an unstable server.
    Malachi and Trowx like this.
  4. Trowx New Member

Having a long queue is definitely better than chat/zone lag. As others have said, at least once you're in game you can actually play. I just wish they'd give more transparency while they're struggling to fix this situation. We're all annoyed, but if we received daily communication on what's going on then we'd be slightly less annoyed and more likely to not ragequit.
  5. Thrudd New Member

I'll take the slower zoning and tells over 3 hour Queue times any day. I work pretty much everyday and I'd rather log in instead of realizing I'll never get in before I need to sleep. Maybe some of you guys don't care because you're still at home, but some people that never stopped working so everyone else can do that might want to be able to play a little after dealing with the daily grind. Generally, my only solution lately is to go to sleep early now and get up really early to play for a few hours before work since the Queues make it impossible later in the day.
  6. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Not when one of us randomly gets DC'd/crashed and we get put back into a 2-3 hour queue.
  7. Dyzalot Augur

Except again, since you know how long the queue is, you can plan around it. You know approximately when your friend will be back on. When you can't even zone, what good is being logged in? How do you plan for that? One person is in N Kaladim, one in Gfay, one in Commons, one in the Hole, etc. Where you planning to meet up?
  8. Malachi Augur

What if, instead of slower zone times it froze/crashed your game. What if, when you logged back in your character was rolled back into the same zone you came from?
    What if the "slower zoning and tells" was actually an unplayable mess that crashed a large part of the server population over and over again for hours.
    I'm going to go out on a logical limb here and surmise that the only people that ARE still at home and not working aren't exactly frequent forum posters as they are probably in game playing?

This is my sentiment but I want to emphasize that 'This whole thing sucks'.
    I don't WANT you to have zero time to play during a more preferred window between work/family and bedtime. Because that's exactly the boat I was in without the queue. But I have to admit; being able to start up the queue, get online after a few hours of getting home, and not have to worry about being stuck in an infinite zone loop for the rest of the night is a preferred state of the server for me.

I stated this in a different thread (or this one I can't remember) but I hope the weekend outrage forces their hand to do something more than just keeping the server the way it is for another 4 weeks.
  9. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

People - BOTH situations suck. That's all there is to it. One will be worse for some people, and the other for other people. It's like deciding whether hitting your thumb with a hammer is better than poking your eye with a stick. This Aradune mess has us arguing over which torture is better! They just need to fix it...
    Malachi and Dyzalot like this.
  10. Malachi Augur

Sticks have been nerfed in the past though. Not the same agonizing blindness as it used to have. I prefer the unbearable bludgeoning of hammer to thumb...personally.
  11. Trey Elder

Agree 100%
    zevel likes this.
  12. zevel New Member

With now 200 minute plus queue times, and then crashes logging in ... well this is now officially hopeless. Also its not as if you can do anything while in the queue, because u need to come back frequenctly since none of the queue times update.
  13. Febb Augur

For those that are crashing, turn off particles and see if it helps.

/part off
  14. Dyzalot Augur

I never come back to it. I minimize my EQ window and wait for it to pop up when it starts to log in. I finished rewatching the entire last two seasons of The Wire while waiting on queues.
  15. Thrudd New Member

Or even if you crash, at least you would get in faster with a slower tell system. If it's really that bad for raids, then use Discord like everyone else does. The actual performance doesn't seem to slow things down that much and you still see frequent messages of bosses being killed. So I'm not sure where the performance issues are unless you are going a CH chain at a raid and if you are actually doing one already, they you need more help in raids than a faster message system anyway.

So telling people they are wrong when a single Queue lasts for literally a 8th of a day (or almost 20% of a day you are awake), makes you just look stupid. Some people paid to be on this server after hours when they are done working whether you like it or not.
  16. Arog Augur

224 minutes? Seriously? I hope all the people who wanted the queue crashes tonight and has to log back in.
  17. Malachi Augur

And I hope you get in WAAAY faster than the 200+ minute implies. I also hope you are able to have a smooth and fun time online with ZERO interruptions before you are whisked away (at a time of your own will and choosing) with the ever-impending responsibilities of the -outside Norrath- world.

My queue is shorter, but I am considering closing the client to make this closer to your reality sir!
    Arog likes this.
  18. Dyzalot Augur

Discord doesn't speed up the process of assigning raid members to groups.
  19. Machen New Member

Sure it does. Or it can, anyway, if you actually use it. Get the groups sorted out in discord, have the group leaders assigned and have them invite their group members, and then raid leader only has to invite the group leaders and the groups are all formed already. It may still be slow if the server is laggy, but better than the raid leader moving everyone one by one himself.

I would probably just not play if I needed to take such steps though.
  20. Rokkie New Member

EverQuest = EQ
    EQ = EverQueue