Fixed Internally Quick Time and Hybrid classes?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Caisy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. lockjaws Augur

Happened to my Paladin with a Bard in group. I had to log out / back in during a mission to resolve it.
  2. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Bump back to the top.

Devs what additional info is needed?
  3. Cacky Elder

Happens frequently to this ranger when a bard with quicktime IX plays quicktime.

Does not happen when a bard with quicktime VII plays quicktime.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  4. svann Augur

"bumpty, bumpty, bump!"
    Trashcan Man
    The Stand
  5. Drakah UI Designer

My cleric is now seeing this issue where the heals looks like they are casting, but no casting bar shows, completely bugs out all casting as well as locks up the spell bar on both beast & cleric.
  6. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Six months and still the player base asks the Development team.

What more info do you need from us? We will happily provide it.
  7. Kezik Lorekeeper

Would it be possible to separate the cast time reduction part of the buff to a separate buff that could be blocked. That way people could still benefit from most of the buff instead of having to block the whole thing. Imperators Command warrior buff does the same thing and would need the cast time reduction split also.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

@Dreamweaver please investigate. This spell is not working. Either we have to block it and loose DPS, or spell bars lockup and we loose even more DPS. Either way we are loosing DPS due to this bug that's not getting addressed.
  9. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Since the developers are so darn talkative on this post I assume Dreamweaver is already looking into it =)

Also the hole in the ozone is shrinking, human beings aren't hurting each other anymore, and our socks dont get lost in the laundry.
  10. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Asking again after encountering this issue again.

What more information do the developers need?
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They need to refund the last rank of it and remove it until they can fix it, if nothing else. So glad I hadn't bought the latest rank when this bug became apparent. Without it purchased I have NEVER had it happen. But happens quite regularly with bard mains that have it.
  12. svann Augur

Id try to figure it out myself but my paid alt account is full and no character with 0.5 sec cast times afaik. I have a few unpaid accounts with 1 heroic character each though. Is there any possible way to see it happen with a L85 something?
  13. kizant Augur

How do you even reproduce this one? I think that's what they're looking for. Quick Time seems to work perfectly for the good classes.
  14. niente Developer

I tried but was unable to reproduce this at work, even though I have had it happen many times when playing. To reproduce we probably need to simulate lag. It's common for us not to have bugs scheduled if they don't have reproduction steps.
    kizant, svann and Mithra like this.
  15. Chopin.Xegony Augur

So the way I reproduce it is normally in combat when my SKs life depends on his taps going off and he suddenly cant tap anymore.

I have all the following spells bound to a single key

Spear of Cadcane (cast 0.2)
    Terror of Mirenilla (Instant)
    Dissident Bite (Instant)
    Dire Indictment (cast 1.0)
    Vulak's Bite (cast 1.5)
    Ancient Bite of Muram (cast 1.5)
    Touch of Drendar (cast 1.0)
    Touch of T'Vem (cast 1.0)

In the course of spamming this key if the Shadowknight has the Quick Time buff on him his spells will eventually lock up. It doesn't always lock up immediately, but eventually it does.

It happens more often on a Beastlord with the following spell set
    Griklor's Feralga (Cast 3)
    Dissident Fury (Cast 0.5)
    Vkjen's Maelstorm (Cast 0.5)
    Bloodmaw's Bite (Cast 0.5)
    Frozen Malignance (Cast 0.5)
    Restless Lance (Cast 0.5)
    Frostbite Lance (Cast 0.5)
  16. Thomaz New Member

Casting Perfected IVU AA will refresh the icons. Temporary work around until its fixed.
  17. Cury Elder

From a Ranger perspective:
    Bind your 3 arrow spells and Summers nuke spell gems to one key, make another spam key for CA's that can be cast during the cooldowns.
    Fight and mash your spell key, between them hit the spam key, when the bard casts quick time, watch it lock up.
    May have to take between 5 seconds and 2 minutes.
    Seems worse during raids when more lag is happening
  18. Jaxxer Journeyman

I box a SK, Mage, Shaman and Bard on one PC. None of their gems have ever locked up and I have QuickTime bound to one of my burn hotkeys that I hit often. However, anytime I am grouped with a ranger friend of mine, hitting that key locks everything up for him. Maybe related to the fact that he’s not on my computer and maybe that’s related to why you couldn’t reproduce locally?
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Metanis like this.
  19. Fintank Augur

I assume more info is needed because all signs and voices point to a scapegoat. Quick Time is absolutely fine as is and works completely as intended. Please do not change it. The bug that you all are tired of dealing with has existed in the game for a LONG time, well before Quick Time even touched spell haste as one of its effects.

More than likely has everything to do with Multi-Binds and server-side lag. I've NEVER had it lock during Quick Time while I clicked my spells or when mashing buttons when the event script flows like water with no lag.

The bug itself has very easy and quick workarounds to fix it on client side, at most it's a minor inconvenience on raids for the majority who deal with it.

Outside of maybe splitting the spell haste portion to a separate buff please don't change the ability itself, it works exactly how it is supposed to.
  20. haaaalp Augur

Quick time is NOT fine as is. The hundreds of people its affected and the only work-around is blocking is it not a problem? This recently started happening. So, everyone for it to get fixed is wrong and you're the sole person who thinks QT is not bugged? Right. I've never had it 'lock-out' before UNTIL 3 months ago. So, sounds like your "belief" is incorrect and we're right.

TLDR; please fix quick time bug