Zerk Alliance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Fohpo, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Fohpo Augur

Can you provide zerk alliance with 2 in a group?
  2. Szilent Augur

you'll grant each other damage procs, which can totally be seen as worth doing since in groups Breather is available for endurance, but fulminating the alliance is horribly unreliable even with 3 berserkers unless they're Furious Rampaging and Rampaging.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Yes. But it's unlikely. If you look at a log file of procs you'll see areas with long pauses with no procs and sometimes a bunch of procs together. With furious rampage, you'll be much more likely to proc it. If two zerkers worked together to proc it as much as possible it'd represent a minor part of their overall DPS.

I have a box team with 3 zerkers and I can fulminate covenant around 80% of the time at a guess (when I don't outright kill the mob before a fulmination).

If you look at this vid below, at 4:46 I cast covenant. I have GINA triggers set up on the right to show when procs happen (and who procs them), so you can sort of the see the pacing. It doesn't fulminate and trigger my GINA trigger to scream MULTIKILL :(

You can compare that to my 4x mage group that procs covenant all day long. I've got a GINA trigger set up to make a silly explosion sound when it happens.

minimind likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

80% is better than I expected, that's cool. Probably supported by bard Fierce Eye +proc rate
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

I have never fulminated. (Why does that sound dirty?) True story, though. I've not been grouped with another berserker in raid for years. I haven't grouped with another berserker in the group game in ~10 months.

We are just too few. =\

Someone proposed a couple months ago that pets should be allowed to help fulminate with zerk alliance. I like that idea. (I group frequently with a necro, shaman, and SK.)

I still hit Alliance/Covenant relatively frequently, if I have endurance to burn, though. It's something else to mash and, well, MOAR! is MOAR!.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Does it? I thought fierce eye's "3: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 300%" only helps my weapon and augs, not procs from abilities?
  7. Tucoh Augur

I don't raid so sorry if this is a dumb question, but doesn't Mangler's Covenant Selection hit all berserkers (in group or no) within a 100' radius?

[58285] Mangler's Covenant Selection
    Target: Caster AE Players
    Range: 300', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Mangler's Covenant Effect once if Berserker
    This effect allows Berserkers to form a covenant that will enhance their attacks against a specific target. It will wear off of other classes with no effect.

8. minimind The Village Idiot

It does... and I can see where my end-of-day typing would have implied otherwise. Edit incoming.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

GAH!!! 10 seconds too late to edit!! :mad:

Here it is a little more legible--

I have never fulminated. (Why does that sound dirty?) True story, though. I've not consistently raided with another berserker for years. I haven't grouped with another berserker in the group game in ~10 months. And never more than one.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

That's a lot of things. That's sad for you, and sad for your raids, and ... sad for Luclin server? folks just don't like chopping heads over there?
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

I raid in a casual raid alliance (Norrathian Council of Guilds) with family style guilds. The class mix of our most historically consistent raid (Saturday Night Corpse Run) fluctuates, but certain classes have always had low populations: berserkers, rogues, wizards, warriors. Other classes (beastlords, rangers, shadowknights) will spike when there are sufficient class changes to make their group play more advantageous. We tend to raid 1-2 expansion behind endgame due to the widely varying AA count, gear level, skill level, and raid frequency (once per week).

Also, many have grown up in an NCG guild, learned to raid, and then went off to a proper raid guild (which is how we've lost most of our berserkers in the past).
    Szilent likes this.
  12. Szilent Augur

The open raids on Cazic flourish by deploying a ton of alts out of raiding guilds. Raiders like to raid, maybe you can snag the ber/rog/war you need to balance your roster that way :) (unfortunately wizards are unpopular as alts. not without reason…)
    Proximoe likes this.
  13. Cadira Augur

I'm a firm believer they should reduce the number of procs required to fulminate by one or two, so you can consistantly see procing with three zerks in raid.

I think monks have the same problem too?

Meanwhile, you have some classes that can easily proc alliance with only one other person. Such as the all power sk (who saw that coming?).
    minimind likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Otoh, zerkers don't really need much help dps wise.
    Cadira likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

You're not wrong but, it's a matter of principal.

Why is it that the master of dps requires 3.5 zerks to consistently proc alliance when a TANK can proc theirs which does almost the same damage with 2 people?

Plus, monks "I believe" have the same problem and don't do as much dps as us. Just drop one or two procs necessary (so it's consistent with 3 of a class, like most classes) to fulminate it and were golden.
  16. Tucoh Augur

EQ class balancing principals?

[IMG]
    minimind likes this.
  17. Cadira Augur

Yeah devs got more important things to do like break the raid tool, make necros OP, make tlp servers unplayable, etc than to worry about class balance : P