Livestreaming Gameplay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Terminat, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Terminat Lorekeeper

A guild mate of mine has been suspended for live streaming/recording some of our raids on twitch.tv
    What's SOE's policy on this? I don't understand how this could be a bannable offense.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Nor do I -- people have been recording and making videos of the game since Kunark if not before. I recall seeing early raids killing Trakanon.
  3. Riou EQResource

If they got suspended then they broke one of twitch's rules most likely
  4. silku Augur

did they get suspended on twitch or on Everquest? Not sure how twitches rules could get them suspended from Soe servers.
  5. Zortex Journeyman

I am the person who got suspended.

Copy and pasted what I was told after i contacted them.

TSR Thomas N.: Hi, my name is TSR Thomas N.. Are you contacting us about a new issue or do you have an open incident?
    Me: Hello, New.
    TSR Thomas N.: What is the name on the account?
    Me: Jeremy ********
    TSR Thomas N.: Nice to meet you Jeremy, what can I assist you with today?
    Me: I have a question
    TSR Thomas N.: Sure, what is your question?
    Me: I have a few questions... =). I play with 2 - 3 Everquest accounts. is boxing allowed?
    TSR Thomas N.: Boxing is ok, however we do not provide Technical Support for issues arising from the use of Boxing, make sense?
    Me: I just wanna ask a few questions, ultimately 1 of my other accounts got suspended and i am trying to figure out why... Not this account. But my account Would I wouse use gamneparse to track my dps, and use a program to Live Stream My game play to twitch.tv to show the viewers what i am doing in raids..... is streaming everquest footage allowed? it uses xspliti broadcaster to split the signal so it will play on the livestream same moment i see it on my screen, is that a violation of 3rd party agreement?
    TSR Thomas N.: Excellent questions, one moment please
    Me: thank you...
    TSR Thomas N.: No problem, one moment please
    TSR Thomas N.: Well, I found an answer for you, but it may not be the answer you wish. We do not support the use of 3rd party programs that will interact with EverQuest, especially in a malicious or manner that will provide a differential advantage over other players. As far as we know, the programs you listed above are generally not a problem. However, I cannot officially tell you to use them or condone the use of them. Please use at your own risk. Make sense?
    Me: Okay, I don't see any possiable advantage from seeing my DPS or live recorded game play, but SoE sees it that way. =-**(
    TSR Thomas N.: Is there anything else I can help you out with today?
    Me: No =-***(
    TSR Thomas N.: Have a good day.
    Me: **sad face** you too...
  6. Terminat Lorekeeper

Suspended from EQ.
  7. Zortex Journeyman

Reason I think, they might consider it because these days people can make money from streaming footage, now from youtube or even twitch if you got a lot, of viewers I think they are viewing it as a possible source of income, not that i have many viewers i only got like 3. if they view it as that filter they can hit me with intent to sell, which is a EUAL offense.

Section 7: "...You may not copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sub license or transfer all or any portion of the Software..."

Section 9: "9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators..."

=-(
  8. Tobynn Augur

You went about that conversation all wrong.

The first and perhaps only question should have been ... why was my account suspended?

Rest assured, the person you spoke with had access to the specific answer to that specific question. There was no need to lead in with details about how many accounts you have and what log parsing programs you use and what type of video management hardware you use, and what color your mousepad is, etc.

You didn't ask the real question, so you didn't get the real answer.
  9. EverChanter Augur

Sorry, but I believe you were suspended for other reasons...

Many SoE games now have integrated Twitch live streaming as an option (Planetside 2 is the most recent) and GamParse and his other programs don't modify anything within the game, they only access data that is loggable.

So, either you were suspended for a part of the conversation you left out, or you didn't ask about it at all.

I've been live streaming EQ content for a while, and have yet to be suspended for that. SoE recently announced a partnership with Twitch.
  10. Hatsee Augur

CS doesn't work the same across all their games.
  11. EverChanter Augur

True

But CS and issues with the EULA or game options are hardly the same. Someone wouldn't be suspended in EQ1 for using something that is not only accepted but also promoted in Bullet Run, Planetside 2, etc.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ine-Entertainment-Twitch-Invite-Players-Share

There is absolutely no reason to believe that using Xsplit or even Adobe to livestream would cause a suspension. If that were the case, then I expect CS to find all the fraps videos made from the last 14 years and suspend all parties. It won't happen, because its not breaking any rules of conduct.

Now, if he is earning an income off of it...that's a different story.
  12. Tegila Augur

zortex actually quoted a relevant part of the eula, section 7, in one of his posts. the hard thing is that if indeed this is onlyabout the live streaming video, then to arbitrarily hand out suspensions for it while leaving the rest unchecked is unfair. the section he quoted DOES support the actions of SOE in this case, note the word "display"...although i'd think that anyone playing the game for toehrs to see, for any period, is a free form of advertisingto SOE, and that they should be thankful for it rather than resentful

the gist of it is like playing a dvd of a copyrighted movie, in a public place, or uploading it to youtube. while you're not making any money off of it, you're taking away possible income by displaying it free of charge, moreso in this case there's a possibility of profit from it, which is more reprehensible as per the eula, but neither is likely thecase anyway. this is somethign i woudl CALL customer service and demand to speak to a supervisor about. quit wasting your time with petitions from a separate account, you wont get anywehre.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

In order to post the links to our raid vids here I had a discussion on Facebook chat with Brasse after sending some tweets to Piestro and not getting a response for a few days. I wanted to figure out the best way to avoid punishment for the adult language in our raw videos.

She told me to edit them and add EQ music so that they are ok to post here and they can then promote them (what she said) She even suggested I monetize them with ads via youtube but I chose not to so it wouldn't be irritating to have to sit through a 30 second or 1 minute ad.

I doubt you got suspended for the streaming itself, I think there is more to the story than we've been led to believe
    huadmer and silku like this.
  14. Tegila Augur

or he did by soemone that was ignorant of what was going on, and he needs to CALL cs and demand to speak to a supervisor
  15. handsofice New Member

This happened to me just over a week ago, I was streaming footage with fraps, and I got a account suspended, its still suspended. When I called SoE, they told me it is because streaming is a section 7 EULA offense they will not give me a time when suspension will be lifted or even if it will be.

Like Zortex pointed out today people can make money or even use everquest footage to promote there own videos, which happens to be copyright issues, almost the same thing happening to Halo 4 footage, i have many friends who got in trouble with youtube for making montages of there awesome kills with some random background song, you cant upload a song that matches any 3rd party content, now its slowly moving to games and videos. Soon everything gonna be censured. a few of my guild mates got suspended too, because of live streaming as well. I would like to give good news to everyone, but i can't sadly that now things have changed. my guild mates had there accounts suspended from 3 - 1 weeks now, more and more I think they are banning the use of streaming.
  16. EverChanter Augur

Lets try to be perfectly clear...

I will bet money that you wernt suspend with no date given that it would be lifted. Those are not done by "CS" but rather by GMs and Lead GMs. I was suspended twice, once for training many years ago then again when my guild was suspended wrongfully for doing Rallos Returns and Hard. Both times had a date the suspension would be lifted, as was everyone else's that was in the guild.

You're breaking some other type of rule. Wether it's use of prohibited language or program, that's on you.
    I have been making Fraps videos since it was released, sending most of them in links to even John Smedley himself, not once was I suspended. Now I run a live stream channel for a network of games, having done so since Twitch started. NOT ONCE was I suspended or even given a warning for that matter.

If you're adding music not approved to be on YouTube videos, they are usually flagged promptly to either be fixed or removed and replaced.

This almost reminds me of the times that people would spam their macros into general channels by accident, then says they've never hacked for sure.

Bottom line, either you upset someone and that's the reason they needed to suspend you, or your doing something else you were caught for...
  17. The Drood Elder

Like zortex and Handsofice my account too was suspended I was using Xsplit and Fraps, for many years but 2 weeks ago out of no where I got suspended. I called SoE and they said its a section 7 EUAL offense. Please be careful they are now going after the streamers.
  18. huadmer Lorekeeper

Why would they stop free good advertisement, especially when streaming is the latest thing. Seems every game has a stream of some sort attached to it.
    Can not help but think there must be something else on these streams they are going after.

If I had to guess I would say it's music right infringement, bad behavior, or some exploit.
  19. Zortex Journeyman

"Can not help but think there must be something else on these streams they are going after.

If I had to guess I would say it's music right infringement, bad behavior, or some exploit."

I had Pandora Radio on when I live streamed.
  20. Zortex Journeyman

But I lived streamed for my friends in a private link to content only.
  21. THOR New Member

A few of my guild mates where getting suspended for streaming as well.