Let’s All Cancel Our Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dethrin15, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Zinth Augur

glad I picked the server WITHOUT all the issues and whining masses... the one server everyone hated on... is actually the fun one to play on, very nice ppl, camps gets respected for the most part, general chat is quite cozy...

so I wonder why ppl have such rosetinted glasses and hated so much on Riz and wanted Ara to be even worse...
    Yinla and Eurydice like this.
  2. Eurydice New Member

But we are addicted and we are reluctant to close our accounts. That's exactly how ex-DBG holds us and can have so poor customer treatment and still have players.
  3. Lejaun Augur

I've been enjoying the server quite a bit, and have no intention of dropping my subscription at all.
    Pelrond likes this.
  4. Elsewhere Elder

Inserts "Boycott Modern Warfare 2 Steam Group Picture.jpg"
    Because we all know how well gamer threats of boycott go....
  5. Kronotowin Elder

I just unsubscribed. Daybreak obviously has no clue what they are doing recoding the server for "multiboxers" while the RMT sellers continue to make nearly 5 figures each TLP launch while streaming on Twitch. That's EQ baby are all RMTers and they make thousands each TLP with no consequences while Daybreak cries BLM on their social media. It's a damn joke.
  6. Pelrond Elder

I am having fun on Aradune. I'm not one who races to the end, I don't go for the best gear, etc. Nothing wrong with having those as goals but that's not for me. I am doing quests, tradeskills and XPing when it is available (which is almost anytime on this server). Every time I zone into BB, west karana, etc, I get a tell from someone asking if I want to join a group. I group here and there but I really am trying to max out my tradeskills so the grouping/XPing is just to level a bit and get some plat.

The queues kind of sucked but it was very temporary. A week later and we only have any queues at the highest peak times.

Zoning has slowed. Noticeably. If you are XPing, that really shouldn't be an issue. When you are fighting, you generally are not zoning in and out.

If you are travelling to a group, the zones can suck because you really want to get there. But traveling a great distance to group is a choice. Think globally, XP locally. Or, make the run once and hang out there for a while. This is classic, not POP. Travel is meant to be hard. I remember complaining about the time it took zone back in the pre-kunark days. I usually regretted my cross country life choices when I hit kith forest, at night, in my naked toon.

Long zoning times do suck for quests and tradeskills. But, if I am being honest with myself, quests and tradeskills are a lot like poking yourself with sharp objects anyway. I don't know why I do either. Most quest rewards are not worth the effort and traseskills are incredibly frustrating most of the time. Yet here we are. ;-)

I remember in the early days selling banded armor, by the piece, outside the bank in freeport. Anyone remember that being the commerce place? I was on Tholuxe Paells (sp?) back then.

I guess my point is that, yeah, I will end my subscriptions at some point just like I have done so many times over the years. Then I will come back and re-up for 2 or 3 accounts for 3 months, or 6 months or a year whatever. I'll do quests and tradeskills and kill stuff til I am bored and then I will drop it, etc.

But I am not going to berate the devs because there is a queue (that exists because the server is so popular). Zone times will improve I am sure. People will level. Dragons will die. One day they will turn off the lights but I hope is a long time from now.

Anyone need a banded gorget? I have 96 of them. ;-)
  7. Name2 Augur

Travel is meant to be hard due to lack of books. Zone times used to take forever because we were playing on dial-up modems. I appreciate that you're trying to make the best of the situation, but zoning taking minutes in 2020 is ridiculous. It's not a feature, it's a company trying to minimize expenses on this server because it's supposed to be their big payday. Put down the Kool-Aid, pull the EQ needle out of your arm, and hold this company accountable for the level of service that they are providing their paying customers.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. Sikkun Augur

Dial up zoning wasn’t slow, it was the lack of ram for caching that people didn’t have at the time. I still raided on a 28.8 until SoF, load times were still better than last night.

But the problem is people don’t want a queue and the server and old code can’t handle it, while there are not enough people to make a second server worth it.
  9. xxGriff Augur

uhm... If your not happy with the service, move to a different server. if you dont want to do that and are unhappy...cancel you sub and move on. i just dont understand posting here to try and get others to join u in some online revolt against a game because your not satisfied. and remember, Machines will always disregard your pronouns.
  10. Minpire Augur

I wonder if most of the people crying on these forums will even be playing after another 3-4 weeks when ques completely evaporate. I seem to never have an issue, even last nights ques were 22mins longs tops on a friday.

Yes lets all cancel our subs because you have long ques times during peak hours which you play. ahh damn, GOTTEEEMMMMM
  11. Kittany Augur

Demanding a boycott or sub cancelation, IMHO is a double edged sword. Sure, for a mega conglomerate corporation, a few people not giving them money won't hurt them, it's a major financial fiasco if enough people do it for a small company.

So therewith lies the paradox. Mass sub cancelation which causes the said company to suffer possible financial ruin to "Teach them a lesson" or continued support as so that the said company can continue to provide it's product.

So to borrow a meme: if this is how you want DBG's to go bankrupt, this is how you get DBG's to go bankrupt.
  12. Pelrond Elder

But that's the point i was trying to make. Sure I would like faster zone times. I am ok with what it is, though. So no, I won't be joining you.
  13. ayoforYayoh Augur

Add me to the list. I'm out until the next TLP.
  14. Xeris Augur

I'm happy with the level of service provided... So no ty
  15. Lejaun Augur

So that you can complain about how long the queues are, that there are too many people, how it was never like this back in Classic, etc etc ? Some things never change.
  16. TheChosenOne Augur

I'm calling my lawyer!
  17. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Don't hate on a pre alpha please, others really love the game :)
  18. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Never once do i ever remember my dial up taking 10 minutes to zone. On what server did you see this in 1999 or 2003? I've been here a long time, and if you had a crap computer expect 20 minute zoning and crashing back then. If you where on AOL then, yes i can see you taking forever.
  19. Buster_Shruggs Augur

ROFL... When people started disappearing from what used to be Trakanon, I thought the same thing. Then after the Great Exodus, I and a handful of others had a personal server for a nice long while....
  20. Mire Journeyman

It's hard to get behind this game when they speak up about political events on twitter.

Lets all dye our hair blue and throw bricks at small businesses. If we riot in the streets we can steel anything we want. That's what I'm seeing in my community and that's what day break promotes when they encourage and embolden those who feel like injustice has been done to them.

My parents didnt do anything to you, stop steeling from them.